J League Winning Eleven 9 - Aisa Championship - - - First Impressions

soundgarden32

Conference
22 June 2004
Hampshire, UK
Wycombe Wanderers
Well it doesn't appear that anyone wants to review their experiences with this game, so here goes.....

Well upon loading the game we see that the main menu has more options the WE9/PES5 .... All the leagues and cups are there, but this one has the addition of the Japan national Team - Go for the Cup !!

When playing an exhibition game there is the option to play with JLeague/KLeague/OtherAisan/EuropeClub/International and now J/K League all stars.....nice touch.

Not really played anything other than exhibition at the moment so will post more as I get into the game.

The game play is better than WE9/PES5 by miles as it was too fast before now as with last years WE8JL they have slowed the pace down to make it even more realistic.

With the addition of nearly 60 stadiums, new balls and the like the Patchmakers should have a field day with this as its the most comprehensible edition of WE ever......I love the small stadia in this game really good for playing Jleague 2.

Well i hope others will start to post their experiences and opinions of this great game.

Rik

Thankyou Thankyou for that.. .sounds impressive... love slower gameplay :)
i do remember however when i played we8jl, and used the euro teams, the play speeds up quite alot compared to the japanese teams :(
Hows this compare when u play with the euro or national teams compared to the jleague teams.. im hoping the speed doesnt increase too much, but more the player ability levels etc??
Also, what kinda of balls are available?? and are there any new animations (in gameplay and celebrations etc)???

thanks again soundgarden ;)
much appreciated

steve

I will get the game day after tommorow \\:o/

I will start in J2 but in WE 8 JL after won the J2 it was not possible to come in J1 with an J2 team . That sucks how is it in WE9 JL ?

Toku said:
I will get the game day after tommorow \\:o/

I will start in J2 but in WE 8 JL after won the J2 it was not possible to come in J1 with an J2 team . That sucks how is it in WE9 JL ?

J2>J1 in we9jl :)

The Japan go for the cup mode was in we9 as well
as for my expieriences ive been playing mainly master league
where you get the choice of j-league,k-league or mixed choice format which means you can only choose j-league or k-league teams or make your own,you cant buy anyone from european teams like chelsea or madrid you can only buy from the k-league or j-league teams,as for the format j-league is split into j-league 1 and 2 with poromotion between them and the k-league is 1 division to me apart from teh buying of players it works much better than usual as its more realistic,There are 58 stadiums which give loads of choice there and the gameplay is nicely balanced and feels like a refined version of we9/pes5 so far this is the most comprehensive we yet.

I think the dribbling is a bit too heavey. It's almost as if the player has to take 2 or 3 full steps before turning, and that's with someone like C Ronaldo. The shooting accuracy seems to be horrible.
To be fair though, I still haven't played it much. Maybe with more play time I'll get the hang of the game.
There are also a few new animations. There's also a new option for turning the crowd on or off during the match, so those who complained about the lack of crowd in the wide camera will be pleased.
And is it just me, or does the framerate and graphics seem slightly better?

This game is the best version of Winning Eleven since WE8JL. I've played loads more games since my first post and everything pleases me more.

One of the new things that I have noticed is that the Wide Camera is slightly higher showing a better view of the pitch and guess what......the crowd is back.....but not on exhibition!!!

The Kits look sharper and I love the J League Stadia.....

Well I hope someone get patching on this and leaves PES5 alone for a while....The main teams that you play with on PES5 are here o why bother playing that one !!

Keep your views coming....

just to add my view - having played this, I'd recommend it over pes5. A great game - just waiting for the patchers to do their best now!

reefur seems to have disappeared... :shock: he hasnt been on msn or the reefur forums. RCET patch work has kinda stopped except for Matt's PSP translation patch.

Have found the WE/PES series a little stale over the last couple of years, but this game changes all that. WE9JL is GREAT! New animations, beautiful fluid gameplay, more realistic shooting and passing. The gameplay is really exciting...playing skillfully "feels right", taking players on 1-on-1 has never been so good, exciting and realistic battles for the ball, gameplay which isn't constantly being stopped for fouls/offsides, shots which actually go where you direct them...I could go on. On top of the great gameplay youve got a huge selection of stadia, a good handful of european club teams and all the international teams from WE9/PES5. The most Ive enjoyed any WE/PES since WE6FE. HIGHLY recommended!

Last edited:
soundgarden32 said:
One of the new things that I have noticed is that the Wide Camera is slightly higher showing a better view of the pitch and guess what......the crowd is back.....but not on exhibition!!!

I have GREAT news for you!!! CROWD is back evan in exibition!!!
just turn on the last opition in the second page!! fernando trasnlated as "Audience" !!

this is definatly the best WE ever so far..

soundgarden32 said:
Well it doesn't appear that anyone wants to review their experiences with this game, so here goes.....

Well upon loading the game we see that the main menu has more options the WE9/PES5 .... All the leagues and cups are there, but this one has the addition of the Japan national Team - Go for the Cup !!

When playing an exhibition game there is the option to play with JLeague/KLeague/OtherAisan/EuropeClub/International and now J/K League all stars.....nice touch.

Not really played anything other than exhibition at the moment so will post more as I get into the game.

The game play is better than WE9/PES5 by miles as it was too fast before now as with last years WE8JL they have slowed the pace down to make it even more realistic.

With the addition of nearly 60 stadiums, new balls and the like the Patchmakers should have a field day with this as its the most comprehensible edition of WE ever......I love the small stadia in this game really good for playing Jleague 2.

Well i hope others will start to post their experiences and opinions of this great game.

Rik

Can you start with any of the european teams to ML?

the_thing said:
reefur seems to have disappeared... :shock: he hasnt been on msn or the reefur forums. RCET patch work has kinda stopped except for Matt's PSP translation patch.
He's never on anyway. ;) :lol:

Wow, its amazing what Konami can do if they put their mind to it. This plays SO much better than WE9/PES5. I can't say exactly what it is, maybe the slower pace, the smoother animations but the game just feels right. I really disliked both of the latest games at first play, this one felt like an upgrade in the very first minute. Cross field balls are so much better, its a little harder to shoot (i've found) from range so all those easy goals don't happen. Its just better, period.

Unfortunately I don't get why the faces of european faces have all dissappeared. They clearly have the bitmaps on file, and don't tell me theres not room on the DVD. Oh well, something to look forward to in the next upgrade...

Just played a few matches... here are my thoughts:

- The new animations are almost unnoticeable, but they are great. You can see muc more fluidity in animations and such. The graphics seem a little better as well.

- It may just be me, but it seems that collision detection has improved a lot for this version...

- Gameplay has slowed down a bit, which I actually like. Players seem slower on the dribble but you can still pull off some sick moves. And this is my personal opinion but the defender catch-up has lessened I think. I was running up ahead and the defenders had trouble catching up.

- I don't really notice much difference in shooting, quite honestly. Have been scoring without any problems.

- Free kicks may have gotten a TAD harder. The long free kick "glitch" (like how it used to always go in from far range when you did the 2-man free kicks) has definitely lessened for sure from what I have seen in practice mode. Even with Juninho, the ball never went in with much consistency. (Keepers also seem a BIT smarter).

- Haven't noticed major stat differences. I've played one game each with Korea and Man U, and I can tell you that C.Ronaldo's top speed has increased big time, I believe to 90-something. And Park Ji Sung fans should convert the Man U version to the Korean NT version, since the stats for the Korean NT version has increased quiet a bit.\ (and he's also gained the Raul-turn motion)

beachryan said:
Unfortunately I don't get why the faces of european faces have all dissappeared. They clearly have the bitmaps on file, and don't tell me theres not room on the DVD. Oh well, something to look forward to in the next upgrade...

Must be something to do with licensing, but a editor might be able to fix it so we can assign the right special faces for them. For the moment you can always select there second face in edit mode, it's basically the same but you'll need to add facial hair and set up their hairstyles yourseleves. But it's possible for them to have correct face...just takes a bit of work ;)

Just played a few game and I love it, I prefered WE9 over pes5 but this is just great. Pretty much agree with what everyone else has said so not gonna repeat it...just a much slicker, realistic version of footballl....nice work Konami and Fernando and Jay too :applause:

Can you import a we9 option file in,thus updating all teams/player names maybe even International kits etc with one of our great we9 option files?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom