Jon Hare's Sociable Soccer - [PC/PS4/XB1/VR]

I remember meeting Jon Hare at Devcom when he pitched the game to me while I was working for a developer/publisher at that time. He still had the passion for football, but you could also see the typical developer blindness. When he played it in his pitch he focused only on the quick passes and scoring a quick goal and mentioning how all the teams will eb there just with Fake Names and how he wanted the simplicity and quickness of SWOS.

When I then tried it out I found it very shallow at that time, especially the social aspect he wanted to bring in didn't seem appealing at all.

It felt like he just was throwing ideas and prototypes around (Works on Mobile, VR here try it, has a card mode, you unlock teams) without a clear vision, except for fast passes and goals.

I actually thought it could have potential if they have that many teams, a simple career mode like Sensi had and would give some nice challenge with stats mattering. (Always loved how in Sensi you felt the difference between players).

Not sure if they fixed it. Tried the game out again on Apple Arcade and it had the same problems. SO my guess is this is now the next try to make it work on another platform.

I think you are paying for them getting the FIFPro license.
But yes £20 is very steep given how shit it was when released a few years ago.

6 years and not a vast update. Very easy AI, not challenging at all, so the offline modes are quite boring. Online modes only pvp. Disappointed!

If any of you want to take a free steam key of Sociable Soccer 24 you can join the official discord channel and every day for 24 days at 20:00 GMT the devs gives 24 free steam keys of the game.

discord.gg/arj84Wj

Back
Top Bottom