Jon Hare's Sociable Soccer - [PC/PS4/XB1/VR]

The final product will be tweaked when it comes to player names.
Hopefully via a code, e.g. A's are E's, E's are I's, I's are O's, O's are U's and U's are A's, so that we can identify Denoil Starrodgi quickly...!

Hopefully via a code, e.g. A's are E's, E's are I's, I's are O's, O's are U's and U's are A's, so that we can identify Denoil Starrodgi quickly...!

No they will just have spelling mistakes like they used to.

It will be Danny Stiridge.

But I don't think it will make much difference someone will release the real player names within a few hours of launch anyway..

Why are all teams defending so deep on Sensi?

Even on the new one you just walk into the area, I remember editing the tactics on the old versions to make the teams step up and IT made the game very interesting and challenging!!

Why are all teams defending so deep on Sensi?

Even on the new one you just walk into the area, I remember editing the tactics on the old versions to make the teams step up and IT made the game very interesting and challenging!!

It has to do with speed, passing is faster in sociable soccer than in any other game. It's not a simulation. I'll ask the guys to try to have the backline further up so that there's even more pressure on the guy controlling the ball. In this, contrary to SWOS, you can actually slow down your player and run and dribble with the ball. That will open up new ways to play, especially for those who love the Spanish way.

Looking better all the time, definitely!

My only issue with that video is the way that the ball physics are a bit rock-like in certain situations - the ball stops moving as soon as it touches the net, for example, and when the goalkeeper deflects it with his hands, the impact doesn't slow the ball down at all (it bounces away full-force like the dot in Pong rather than a football).

That puts me off it a little bit - I know it's an arcade game, but it's an arcade football game, and footballs don't do that...

What's happening with player stats, by the way? Are all players essentially the same? Am I just as likely to score with "Ranoldo" as I am with a defender, for example?

(I'm still hoping it's a huge hit and Jon decides to build a career mode for it as DLC...)

The game does look like it is getting better all the time.

The pitch however still looks incredibly small and the game will be a goal fest.

Although haven't seen a whole full game - Maybe you could upload a full game being played so we could see it fully in action.

Or I will happily pay for the game now if you can send us a BETA

Looking better all the time, definitely!

My only issue with that video is the way that the ball physics are a bit rock-like in certain situations - the ball stops moving as soon as it touches the net, for example, and when the goalkeeper deflects it with his hands, the impact doesn't slow the ball down at all (it bounces away full-force like the dot in Pong rather than a football).

That puts me off it a little bit - I know it's an arcade game, but it's an arcade football game, and footballs don't do that...

What's happening with player stats, by the way? Are all players essentially the same? Am I just as likely to score with "Ranoldo" as I am with a defender, for example?

(I'm still hoping it's a huge hit and Jon decides to build a career mode for it as DLC...)

All is work in progress. And since we're a small team we adjust stuff when we can. I will notice our programmers about this.

Player stats are being inserted a bit later. Right now all players are equally good. We got throw-in animations, pacing enhancements as well as device to device local multiplayer coming up on our to do list. And still a good 5 months left of dev time.

Let's hope it is a big hit! :D

The game does look like it is getting better all the time.

The pitch however still looks incredibly small and the game will be a goal fest.

Although haven't seen a whole full game - Maybe you could upload a full game being played so we could see it fully in action.

Or I will happily pay for the game now if you can send us a BETA

Thanks, it is. The pitch is in line with what Jon wants. We trust his judgement as he made a football game that sold 2 million copies. If it had been on steam at the time it would have sold 22 million. :D

I can't upload a full game yet, mainly because we have some elements not yet in the game. Like throw ins for example and other things we want to be there before we do an official video. August at Gamescom. That's when we want you to see it in the state it is :)

Received this email - Sociable Soccer is also coming to the Science Museum over the summer.

"We're heading to the Science Museum in London between the 22nd of July and the 7th of August. Be sure to go there to try out Sociable Soccer in both local multiplayer and in VR mode. Tickets are 8 pounds for adults. Check out the event below.

http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/visitmuseum/plan_your_visit/events/other/power-up

Also check out our new trailer which shows some gameplay and tell us what you think. We'll be back with more news shortly because we got both Gamescom and Sensidays ahead of us.

Until then, stay sociable.
/Your CM"

Received this email - Sociable Soccer is also coming to the Science Museum over the summer.

"We're heading to the Science Museum in London between the 22nd of July and the 7th of August. Be sure to go there to try out Sociable Soccer in both local multiplayer and in VR mode. Tickets are 8 pounds for adults. Check out the event below.

http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/visitmuseum/plan_your_visit/events/other/power-up

Also check out our new trailer which shows some gameplay and tell us what you think. We'll be back with more news shortly because we got both Gamescom and Sensidays ahead of us.

Until then, stay sociable.
/Your CM"

That's me.

I genuinely think that looks brilliant - that's the most impressive trailer I've seen by miles. But it's just way way way too fast for me. I appreciate that one of the key design features is probably the speed of it, but there's arcade/fun and there's hitting buttons in a blind panic because it's so fast that only fighter pilots can play it (and I'm not the first to say this)!

Really hope that the speed gets reconsidered before release - or at least split-tested at a gaming event somewhere!

Hi Chris,

Don't worry we've had over 200 people playing the game on different events and they all like it as it is. It's like driving a car in high speed it looks like you're not in control but when you're in the seat you very much feel like you are. Also consider that we haven't implemented stats yet. Pace will go down for many players.

Hi Chris,

Don't worry we've had over 200 people playing the game on different events and they all like it as it is. It's like driving a car in high speed it looks like you're not in control but when you're in the seat you very much feel like you are. Also consider that we haven't implemented stats yet. Pace will go down for many players.
That gives me a lot of hope, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom