Jon Hare's Sociable Soccer - [PC/PS4/XB1/VR]

So I went and bought this..

Oh dear, oh dear indeed..

I don't really know what to say, but been told if you don't have anything good to say, then don't say it..

So on that bombshell, good night everyone

Oh, I absolute love penalties - there the best..

The AI is basically non-existant..

They don't threaten, it is basically you passing, passing, passing until you shoot and score or miss.

I know it is Alpha, but it is full of bugs, dodgy AI and keepers which look and move very bizarrely.
It really makes you think what they have been doing the past two years.
The game is also completely full of bugs, which you would of thought, would of been fixed a long time ago, let alone when released in Alpha on Steam.
If you look at my video above, you can't even have a penalty shoot out because your players face away from the goal, so you can't even shoot.

The game (in it's present state) is a complete mess and should not of been released for a few more months, they should of fixed these stupid little bugs before the Alpha and then worked on gameplay enhancements when released.. Instead they seem to have an awful lot of work to do on bug fixing which majority of them should of been fixed pre-alpha.

I take back my defence of this, I'm a bit appalled they're taking money for it given the AI etc., I wouldn't describe it as playable. Such a shame.

I read recently that their whole development team is around 5 or less which is worrying. Think they need to pay up and hire a grade A programmer asap, maybe an ex Konami dev or something.

I suppose they just need more time. As Lexypoooo said, i'll wait the finished game to make my final judgment. Btw the game have great potential. They just need to fix the bugs at first and after that to improve in some areas the gameplay.

Ha yeah, I was thinking more one of the ps2 era guys. Anyone with previous experience in sports gaming to tidy up the code really else they're gonna waste a good opportunity with this.

I think that if the game is simple in terms of graphics, Then the AI should be better specially that the controls are straight forward.

This game is unfinished, Sensible Soccer was amazing but this has nothing to do with it

A shame really

This game is unfinished, Sensible Soccer was amazing but this has nothing to do with it

Except everywhere it is mentioned as the Spiritual successor to SWOS, has the same intro music, top down view when playing, name is as close as you can get.

The only difference is the gameplay is terrible in comparison and worse than Football Glory.

Except everywhere it is mentioned as the Spiritual successor to SWOS, has the same intro music, top down view when playing, name is as close as you can get.

The only difference is the gameplay is terrible in comparison and worse than Football Glory.

And the same creator!

Why do they do this seriously even 5 year old kids won't even come close to even enjoying it . I think Is saw a similar mode to FUT as well with cards and stuff.

So I went and bought this..

Oh dear, oh dear indeed..

I don't really know what to say, but been told if you don't have anything good to say, then don't say it..

So on that bombshell, good night everyone

Oh, I absolute love penalties - there the best..

Those penalties look too sociable.

Got a refund on Steam for the game, feel bad as wanted it to be good.

It was just broken in so many ways, and with a team of 4/5 people it will take a very long time to fix the bugs.

There is just way too much wrong with the game, and to release it when you can't even take a penalty because your player faces away from goal is just criminal, 2 years they had to get a semi working enjoyable game, but the game just isn't enjoyable and the bugs/problems with the game are inexcusable.
They really should of waited 6 months or so, just to get the game to an acceptable level. (Yes I know it is an Alpha release but I have bought many Alpha's on Steam and none have been this broken)

I may or may not purchase the game again, but it will be more likely when it is 50+% off in a Steam sale, in about 2+ years time.

Regards,
Incredibly disappointed lover of SWOS.

I love when player walks to corner kick or Foul site or throw ins and the game has continuous gameplay and not cut scenes as PES. It needs improve AI, GK, Referee on the pitch, rain and edit player names menu.

And suddenly @Caniggia is nowhere to be seen...
How would you respond to all of the above though? He probably feels we're all being unfair at this stage in development - he's not going to change our minds (especially now we've played it) so what's the point in coming back...

There's loads of positivity on Twitter too! I don't understand it but I'm happy for him and the team regardless!

I still remain positive about Sociable Soccer. Yes AI and GK are very weak and need much work. If they impove these areas, we'll have a very good game. Already the basics of the game are very good. The passing, movement, aftertouch.

How would you respond to all of the above though? He probably feels we're all being unfair at this stage in development - he's not going to change our minds (especially now we've played it) so what's the point in coming back...

There's loads of positivity on Twitter too! I don't understand it but I'm happy for him and the team regardless!

Well, in my humble opinion, the team would better communicate with people the more ever than before. By doing that they could improve the game the more.
They need to listen to the complains as well as the praises because they sold something to people.

How would you respond to all of the above though?

How would I respond? Something like "Thanks for all the feedback guys, good or bad we'll take it all on board and try to make the game as good as it possibly can be, obviously it's very early in development so stick with us and I'm sure we'll smooth out the problems with the game as development progresses".

How's that? ;)

How's that? ;)
You know very well you'd respond to that with "it's a scandal you're taking money for this in its current form" etc...! There's no right answer he could give us - in his shoes I'd definitely avoid coming here and attempting to turn this tide.

It's the equivalent of walking into a den of lions with a Powerpoint Presentation. Wearing steak cologne. On your balls. Ballsy, but it categorically will not end well.

I'm still following this closely. I imagine by the end it should be a decent enough game with all the management stuff etc if its anything like SWOS.

Thing is, the gameplay doesnt look THAT bad from the classic Sensi view (or at least, much better than the side on view they have currently).

I'm on their Discord channel and they taking lots of feedback all the time and seem to be keen to work closely with the community to improve it and they know they have a lot of areas to fix. Jon Hare has flown over to Finland to the studio today primarily to work with them on AI and goalkeepers. Passing speed has been heavily mentioned to the devs today whilst they are in a fixing mode with Jon, so that may be tamed down a bit.

I'd be tempted to dive in and start feeding back, but £15 still feels too steep for early access.

Don't know if anyone ever followed this.

After checking online to see if there had been any updates and it appears the game has not had any updates for about a year now and has also been removed from the Steam Store.

Loads of people pissed off and looks like they took people's money and done a runner.

Don't know if anyone ever followed this.

After checking online to see if there had been any updates and it appears the game has not had any updates for about a year now and has also been removed from the Steam Store.

Loads of people pissed off and looks like they took people's money and done a runner.
I asked on Twitter, DM'd a few people. Never heard anything back.

The last official news was that they were fully focused on the Chinese market after getting a big investment deal over there. But since then, nothing.

We had some news recently.

Screen-Hunter-56-Aug-30-21-10.png

Well the re-release certainly can't be any worse than the absolute shite they actually put on Steam 4/5 years ago.
I will have a look at it when released but certainly not going to be stupid enough to purchase it again.

Back
Top Bottom