Juninho Free Kick (one more?)

thanks great goals!!!!!!:applause: :applause:
Can someone post England goals against hungary please??

Surely Juninho has to be the #1 FK taker when he's in the match in world cup rather than Ronaldinho or anyone else!!!!

Not that Ronaldinho is bad FK taker, he's great too as is Riquelme, Beckham and many others but Juninho is in a 'different class' than all of these when it comes to FK. Much higher ratio and much more success.

1st Juninho
2nd Rogerio Ceni
3rd Ronaldinho
4th Adriano
5th (if very veyr very far, Roberto Carlos! ) although Juninho can blast those too and even with more accuracy than Bobby Carlos.

But Ceni won't be in first team and it's risky at this level to bring goalie out to take FK so he won't get chance to take them most likely and mostly it'll be Ronaldinho probably if Ze Roberto is in instead of Juninho! :|

Last edited:
The guy is unbelievable at free kicks every time I've watched him he scores a free kick and it's usually within 3 attempts if not less. The BBC should shut up about Beckham and his free kick territory and re-name it to Juninho territory.

Thats just not right. How the hell do you stop him? The man should be banned from taking freekicks.

he sure is one of the best if not there best FK taker nowdays...hes got a classy style of kicking,which is not that fancy as is beckham's or ronaldinho's,i watched the whole training session one of these days...he had the turn for like 8 times...in my opinion should be on brasil's first squad.

rodrigo10 said:
he sure is one of the best if not there best FK taker nowdays...hes got a classy style of kicking,which is not that fancy as is beckham's or ronaldinho's,i watched the whole training session one of these days...he had the turn for like 8 times...in my opinion should be on brasil's first squad.
He IS the best FK taker in the world for few years already. Can't really argue with that with any better choices. He is The #1 guy!

Consequently, the 2nd and 3rd best in my opinion are also Brazilians.

In anycase he should be in Brazil's first team as he's one of the best players they have but unfortunately it seems your coach prefers Ze Roberto whom although a good player is not in same class as Juninho and can't bring the magic like he can and is actually not that much better 'defensively' either since that's one of the special things about J. Pernambucano! He's an attacking midfielder and CM who can do all the amazing things attacking midfielders can BUT he also can defend and put in good tackles.

The only real advantage Ze Roberto has over Juninho is higher speed but for me that's not enough to warrant a place in front of him but of course I'm not the coach so it's not my opinion that matters.

PLF said:
1st Juninho
2nd Rogerio Ceni
3rd Ronaldinho
4th Adriano
5th (if very veyr very far, Roberto Carlos! ) although Juninho can blast those too and even with more accuracy than Bobby Carlos.
What about Mihajlovic and Van Hooijdonk? I don't really watch to much football, I know Mihajlovic is old now and probably doesn't play as much. Van Hooijdonk I don't know about but from what I saw he looked just as good as Juninho.

'looked' is the key word. :)

Pierre van Hooijdonk was a TOP class FK taker but now isn't half the player he used to be and so his FK skills have also been affected like every other attribute. (although probably not as much)

In anycase that list you quoted above from me is Brazil's best FK takers in NT not the world's ;)

Mihajlovic similarly to van Hooidonk, Beckham and many others IS a GREAT FK taker but not among the top 3 for me! You need to score much more often and have a more impressive ratio of troubling the keeper and hitting the bar and scoring goals to be among THE best! Nonetheless of course these 3 plus about 40 others in the world at least are GREAT FK takers nonetheless. Just not THE best! :)

If the number of substitutions in football were unlimited, Mihajlovic would be a great option. But as it isn't possible to change players only to take free kicks, this option isn't that great... :eh:

About Pierre van Hooijdonk, I remember him from Benfica and he actually scored a couple of great goals thorugh free kicks. He was really a good taker, but I'm not sure if he plays so well now... 8)

EDIT: That's the third consecutive post that you, PLF, reply one or two minutes faster than me... :lmao:

Last edited:
Pierre was absolutely devastating from FK's!! Truly world-class! :applause:
He did it for Benfica, Celtic, short stint at Nottingham Forest I believe and NAC breda too but I remember his amazing set-pieces the most in his Feyenoord days!! Just absolute joy to watch the lanky man curl in beautiful shots and freekicks one after another. :)

In anycase the moral of the story is, the world today has many many great FK takers. Every nation/club has couple awesome ones at least yet none are as good as Juninho! He's just simply the best!

@miGUEL, sorry then :p :lol: ;)

Back
Top Bottom