Juventus Thread

Marcello Lippi has rejected talk that he could take the Italy job next summer by committing himself to Juventus.

The tactician is being touted to replace Giovanni Trapattoni after Euro 2004 but the Coach insists that won’t happen.

"It would be an honour to take charge of the Azzurri but I have an agreement with Juventus until 2005," he said.

"I’m not leaving this club before then. The only way that would occur is if the club decided to sack me.

"I’ve been here for eight years and I want to win the Scudetto and the Champions’ League yet again."

Also

Roma’s Fabio Capello has ruled himself out as a possible contender to replace Giovanni Trapattoni as Italy boss.

The latter is expected to step down after the 2004 European Championships and the search for his successor is already on.

Juventus boss Marcello Lippi has again recently reiterated that he is interested in the Azzurri post. But Capello, another reported target for the FIGC, is not so keen.

"I would prefer to have another experience abroad," he told ‘Roma Channel’ television on Tuesday.

"I don’t think the Italy job right now is that stimulating. That position would see me become more of a selector than a Coach."

The former Milan boss is contracted with the Stadio Olimpico outfit until 2005 but has clear ideas about his future.

"I had a great time in Spain with Real Madrid and I’m looking for another experience like that," he added.

Capello has also been linked with both Barcelona and Manchester United in recent times.

However, a move to the Premiership with the Old Trafford outfit looks unlikely with Sir Alex Ferguson set to be handed a contract extension in the near future.

The tactician was also linked with the England job before the FA opted for Lazio’s Sven Goran Eriksson.

Juve will struggle without Lipp, look what happned when Ancelotti took over. :( :( :(

Lippi becomes the second boss in the space of a few hours to reject the job after Roma boss Fabio Capello.

The latter insists that he has no interest in international football management.

18 weeks till the league ends, I'm hoping that Roma-Milan is a draw tomorrow, will anyone be watching the fixtures at 15:30 ;)

1-0 Juve, we played ok against Perugia but what a stunner by Nedved :shock: 3 point behind Roma and hoping that Milan draw with them tonight. ;)

Forza Juve

The Nedved goal was real Nedved style goal. He 's just walking around a bit with the ball " hey, let's shoot!".

Shame though that ADP's freekick hit the post.
talk about tough luck.

The Rome-Milan derby prmisises to be a great match, my guess is 2-2.

Well done Milan, it's game on now eh, anyone see Vieri's 100th goal, the put a crown on his head when he scored ;)

Don Domenico said:
Bobo, could you possibly tell me a bit of what they(paula Ferrari and the 2 guys) were saying?

It was a joke between the squad, It was all down to Marco Materazzi. He’s been stressing Bobo out for the last two months about this 100 goal mark, funny that as he even celebtated the goal. I hop ehe's in good form for the Euro's.

18147juv1.jpg

Pic of Nedved before the game yesterday. :D

Milanista said:
Zidane came in 96/97, not 5 years ago.

Irrespective, Zidane went missing in many games for us and left us with a recored breaking transfer, we are a better team without Zizou.

bobogol said:
Milanista said:
Zidane came in 96/97, not 5 years ago.

Irrespective, Zidane went missing in many games for us and left us with a recored breaking transfer, we are a better team without Zizou.

I agree, Juve did great business on that deal, Zizou could've left on a free the year after Madrid got him.

And yes Nedved suits them better.

But it looks like ya losing Davids (who ive never rated and is a cheating bastardo anyway)

MADRID, Jan 8 (Reuters) - Barcelona have started talks with Italian champions Juventus with a view to signing their Dutch midfielder Edgar Davids, the Catalan club said on Thursday.

"We have been in contact with Juventus to talk over the possibility of signing the player (Davids)," Barcelona president Joan Laporta told Spanish state television.

"But we are still at a very early stage of negotiations and nothing concrete has been decided at the moment."

Spanish television said Barca were looking to sign Davids, who is out of favour at Juve, on loan until the end of the season.

Meanwhile Davids' agent Robert Geerlings said he was aware of the discussions and said the player would be interested in the move.

"I know that the two clubs are talking about it. I spoke with Juventus's directors last week and they alerted me to this possibility," Geerlings was quoted as saying in La Gazzetta dello Sport on Thursday.

"They don't want Edgar to end up in another Italian team. They'd rather he went abroad."

Dutchman Davids, 31, has fallen out with the Serie A champions after failing to renew his contract which expires at the end of this season. His battling qualities are well known to Barca's coach, former Dutch international Frank Rijkaard.

DUTCH LINK

"Edgar would have liked to continue playing with Juve until the end of his contract," added Geerlings.

"Unfortunately, he hasn't had much space and Barcelona is an excellent option for him.

"He likes the club, knows Rijkaard well, and several of his international team mates are there already.

"It (Barcelona) needs a midfielder with his mentality. Above all it would offer him the chance to play during the six months leading up to the European Championship."

Barcelona are a disappointing 12th in the Spanish Primera Liga, 18 points behind leaders and bitter rivals Real Madrid. But they are only four adrift of Osasuna who occupy the final Champions League berth.

Laporta said he agreed with Rijkaard who told a news conference on Wednesday that the team lacked and needed strengthening in certain positions.

"The coaching staff have our complete confidence and if they believe the team is unbalanced then we will try to meet their requests and do something to rectify the problem."

(Additional reporting by James Eve in Rome)

Young Maresca has also been showing his worth the last couple of games, I'm sure he will get a good run in now and will also feeature in the CL. ;)

Ajax star Hatem Trabelsi has asked Juventus to make an offer for his services at the end of this season.

The right back is wanted by a host of Europe’s biggest clubs but seems to be in favour of a switch to Turin.

"I’ll be free to leave Ajax and choose my future in June," said the Tunisian international. "It would be an honour for me to play for Juve."

The 27-year-old, also linked with Milan, Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal, feels that he could prove to be a success in the peninsula.

"I’m not afraid to test myself in the Italian championship," he added. "I actually look forward to coming up against Shevchenko and Totti."

Trabelsi is highly rated in Europe but insists he has a lot to thank his current boss Ronald Koeman for.

"I owe him," he said. "He made me realise that good feet and big lungs were not enough as a player. You need tactical intelligence. I feel like the next Marcos Cafu."

However, there are some problems in place that could stop Juventus from signing the player.

The Italian champions must firstly try to get rid of one of their non-EU players before moving for Trabelsi.

The most likely option is that they sell Marcelo Salas who is currently on loan with River Plate

Hey Bobogol, I mentioned in another thread, think it was Chelsea one (as they are linked Trabelsi too) that he was a player in the same mold as Thurham, and lo and behold Juve are now linked with him.

Now Thurham is by far the classiest (non-italian) defender ive seen, well maybe him and Larry White ;) :D do you see this dude as being a future replacement??

bobogol said:
Don Domenico said:
..Or get Oddo :).

I prefer Oddo too Don too but I would also like to see Ferrari from Parma ;)

The chance that Ferrari will be coming to Juventus isn't even that small. With parmalat deeply in debt they're selling several key players. I would also like to see Morfeo in Turin :).

wow.. imagine Trabelsi and Zambo on opposite wings!!!

I think Ferrari in the middle with Thuram would be the watertight option as Thuram is a natural CB, but plays SB for Juve.

Back
Top Bottom