Juventus Thread

juveboy

Juve con te!
3 January 2003
Torino
Juventus
Hi Juventino's, what do we think about this afternoons game, Lippi has said “From now on only those who are at the top of their game will play,” warned the Juventus Coach.

The first man to make way will be captain Alessandro Del Piero, who is taking his time to fully recover from a calf strain.

Marco Di Vaio, Fabrizio Miccoli and Enzo Maresca should start against the Gialloblu after their fine performances in the 7-0 demolition of Olympiakos midweek.

“I can no longer keep my promise of letting everyone play one of every two games. After the Lazio defeat I decided to change my ways and field only those who were on form and that will be my policy from now on.”

The tactician had defended the rotation system despite criticism from the press, but that Champions’ League performance changed his mind on the issue.

“We have some players who really are doing well right now,” he explained, “and it would be a shame not to take advantage of that. Above all Maresca can give something very important to the team.”

The former Piacenza midfielder was Man of the Match against Olympiakos as he scored one and had a hand in four of the other goals.

David Trezeguet and Lilian Thuram are out until the New Year with ankle injuries, so Juve may adapt to a three-man defence with Mark Iuliano, Ciro Ferrara and Paolo Montero.

Gianluca Zambrotta would be returned to his more advanced role on the left flank while Pavel Nedved supports Italian internationals Di Vaio and Miccoli.

“Parma have an excellent squad packed with promising young players,” assured Lippi, “and they like to take advantage of every gap on the field.”

The Gialloblu have won here only once, a 4-2 result that forced Lippi to resign in 1999, but he is hoping the visitors are superstitious.

“Parma should fear us,” he joked. “After all, the three teams that beat us recently – Inter, Lazio and Galatasaray – were all knocked out of the Champions’ League.”

Pavel Nedved will be in doubt until the last minute after suffering from a bout of flu, but the Czech star has picked up another award.

Croatian magazine ‘Sportske Novosti’ voted him Player of the Year with almost double the number of points earned by runner-up Paolo Maldini.

Juventus (probable): Buffon; Iuliano, Ferrara, Montero; Birindelli, Maresca, Tacchinardi, Zambrotta; Nedved; Di Vaio, Miccoli

Interesting lineup ;) ;) :D

Last edited:
Haha you really did start the juventus thread.
Anyway I think Del Piero will return in the starting 11. He's injury has been over for some time now, and his recovering has taken enough time. When he came in as a sub against Olympiakos he immediatly scored.

Actually i'm just hoping he will return to the starting line up ;).

Oh yeah, is the rumour true that Juventus is interested in Lucio?

That news has been around for a while but Lucio has been quoted in saying he would like to join us, to be honest with you, I would like to see Oddo come to Juve but Moggi has said we do not need any more players but I think with Montero & Ferrara pushing on, it's time for some new blood in the rear guard.Nicola Legrotaglie has fitted in nicely but Oddo would be great in that RB position but he is more of a wingback like Zambo so they are good going forward too.

:D

Hhmm I really think Lucio/oddo are needed. The best Juventus defenders now are Thuram, Ferrara and Montero. They are all 'old'. Montero and Thuram might still have a few years ahead of 'em, but Ferrara... he's already playing like an 'old man'. Legrottaglie hasn't been really convincing yet.

A 4-0 thrashing of parma. Great games by Miccoli, Maresca, Tacchinardi, Nedved and ofcourse Del Piero. Although Del Piero was a subsitute he proved that he should play in the starting line up!

Wooooooooo, 4-0 & Delpiero showed a glimpse of what he is all about, did u see the goal guys, what class and to set the second one oup for Nedved, sheer brilliance.

ps:shame about Roma winning :(

Roma may flag in performance beofore the end of the season b/c of the lack of depth in there squad.

45072juv2.jpg

we won and Ale scored too!!!!!!

I think that Micolli may be the next World superstar, he is very skillful and has great flair aswell as pace, what do we think Juve fans.

bobogol said:
Roma may flag in performance beofore the end of the season b/c of the lack of depth in there squad.

I wouldnt be so sure (but then im biased). Roma have a fairly strong squad. Certainly upfront theyve got Montella, Cassano, Carew, Totti, and Delvecchio. Samuel and Chivu are among the best defenders in Serie A, and others like Zebina and Panucci are also fairly good. Theyve got loads of decent young players too, eg Mancini, De Rossi and Ajide. I hope they win Serie A, its nice when a team not from Milan or Turin wins for a change...

Lecce - Juventus tomorrow, my prediction is a 3-0 win with ADP on the scoresheet again.

:mrgreen:

yep Juve and Milan slipped up this weekend, did anyone else see Lazio V Inter tonight ? Whats going on with Almedya ? He really lost the plot big time.

Almeyda was booked for a challenge on Corradi. The Argentine became agitated and continued the scuffle, even taking the red card away from referee Trefoloni and attacking Corradi again. It took several teammates to wrestle him away from the scene, but it left Inter in ten men for the final 20 minutes.

wow :shock:

Back
Top Bottom