Kane and Lynch: Dead Men Xbox 360, PS3

Another game which hasn't lived up to its hype. To think I sold my PS3 to fund Assassins Creed and Kane & Lynch amongst others :roll:

Yeah but at least with the Xbox 360 right now you have other great games to fall back on with the PS3 they have there eggs all in single game baskets that continually fail

Shocking reviews, CW has just bought this and brought it round mine, we've spent the last hour doing the coop story mode, this game is fucking immense!!!

Graphics are superb, no stupid AI, no glitches, great gameplay. I will definately be buying it.

The online mode looks superb too, and very interesting!

I'll probably pick this up with Mass Effect tonight. First few levels looked good when my brother played it.

Just rented it for when the missus comes around in a couple of hours, I was expecting it to be shite (hence the rent rather than the buy) but if it's as good as Tim reckons... Bugger. That's another £40 I'll have to find.

Its a fucking fun game and sometimes I think that most of the time the reviewers miss the point of what gaming is supposed to be about.

I enjoyed playing the demo level over at the GC and the full game hasnt disappointed me at all so far.

Rent it first and give it a go if after reading the reviews you arent sure you want to splash the cash on it. If you dont enjoy any of it at all then I will give you a pound

Rent it first and give it a go if after reading the reviews you arent sure you want to splash the cash on it. If you dont enjoy any of it at all then I will give you a pound
Haha, I'm telling you now, you owe me a pound. You know what I'm like.

I accept Paypal.

Haha, I'm telling you now, you owe me a pound. You know what I'm like.

I accept Paypal.

I will have to edit my above post then to add a disclaimer for miserable un-scouse bastards ;)

Seriously though mate, what I have played so far I have really enjoyed and I don't see what the reviewers are getting at. You know me, I would call it shit if it was but it ain't so I havent

The reviews havent been to bad from what i have read, between the 7 and 8. From what i gathered its a good fun game with a pulp story and basic graphics, which io interactive are known for. Its probably more to do with everything else that is coming out atm then the game being bad. Its fun, but its nothing special i think is the best way to put based on the reviews.

Reviews aren't always accurate anyway. However, Gamer TV gave this 2/5. I have never seen a score that low on the programme before.

2/5 is a ridiculous score. There are FAR FAR worse games, what do they give those?

i got this and mass effect yesterday and they are both v-good games,great "HEAT" style you out with automatic weapons..

CW, if you like this better than CoD4, you're mental. :)

Nah, I know everyone likes different things, but I'm with the reviewers on this one. The gameplay is really annoying. For a start the turn/aim sensitivity is way too low (you can change it but it's unusally bad for a default setting), running and shooting is very clunky, but what annoys me the most (and what I think the reviews are getting at); you can't just press "cover", you don't know whether you're covered or not until you try to run off and you find yourself stuck on the edge. It's just awkward all-round. I've just looked at the disc and realised it's made by the Hitman guys, and the Hitman games are exactly the same control-wise (clunky, more like you're driving a car than moving a human being, which was my problem with Assassin's Creed). This is what makes CoD4 so great - it runs at such a high FPS (even the dashboard blade comes on at 100mph) that it's smooth as butter and it feels like you're controlling a person, it feels totally natural to move and hide and shoot. It's never awkward.

Good story but it reminds me of the 24 game. Was looking forward to it, and I want to love it, but I'd be kidding myself if I said it was enjoyable. The best games immerse you but with this I'm constantly thinking, turn you bastard, cover, for fuck's sake cover properly, you're dead now you bastard.

And how many fucking times do they have to say fuck in a fucking sentence? I think I've heard two fucking lines since the start of the fucking game that don't have the word "fuck" in them at some fucking point.

I didn't say I liked it better than COD so ner ;)

What I have played of the game so far I have enjoyed. Admittedly its nothing ground breaking or earth shattering but its fun and at the end of the day that's all that matters to me

Should I go through the forum and change the name of every thread to "JB bitches about...(insert game name here)

;)

Well me and my mate have been on campagin mode for 5 hours today and we have enjoyed it. Yes its frustrating at times and it is a bit control clunky, but on the whole its fun :)

I havnt even heard of this game till my mate mentioned it today and said it was very good

and after reading here it seems as though its worth a look

Played this over my brother's today. It's poo poo in my opinion. Clunky, repetitive, annoying - I could go on forever. I don't like the way you have to keep dying before you figure out where enemies are. SO frustrating.

COD4 pisses all over this from a very great height. In my opinion of course. :)

i had this game for one day. Its shocking. Sold it on immediately.

Its slow, unresponsive and the dialogue was written by a tourettes sufferer. Swearing can have its impact but not when its in every sentence. Terrible game. 1/5 for me. Even thinking of it reminds me of some severe illness.

im as fair as the next man when i play a game also, this isnt just a quick reaction. I did try to like it.

Bought it for £26 delivered. Looking forward to the multiplayer side and the single-player seems fine enough. I'll hammer through it and see about completing it.

let me know whats its like becuase im after a new game

not into Mass Effect types and Assassins Creed sounds boring

Yeah i saw it but am confused as to how it works

Surely they will always shoot you and steal the money?

Back
Top Bottom