Kanye west on tv about New orleans

ah ha mike myers face kanye just says " george bush dosen't care about black people" i don't like george bush but how does he not like black people

he has money, why dont he go on and help his black people instead of buying jets.

idiot.

He did say he was going to see how much he could give. Whether that's just a popularity stunt lie you can't be sure, but to be fair to him he did seem pretty genuine in what he was TRYING to get across.
All this "Black people versus the world" and that last statement was just ludicrous though.

lol @ the stupid ass replies here, and I bet non of you know whats going on, but yeah he has a black person working for him so this mofo is the second coming of MLK...

fuck outta here.....

Its so easy to fall into conclusions - whether we like it or not, we have to look at the factors involved here. One analyst explained that the rebuilding and future protection of New Orleans will be dependant on the social, economic and time issues - basically, is New Orleans economically viable to make the costs worthwhile? They are literally talking about hundred billions to get back to what it once was as well as adding future hurricane protection.

It kinda makes you worry when you think that money is the major deciding factor in all this - especially with all the resources in America's hands (I mean, what else would you use the money for if not for your own people?). But the realistic possibility is, many of the residents may not even return to get New Orleans back into the thriving community it once was - and the US government may have to take the most economically viable option..

Last edited:
Vannizzlefashizzal said:
lol, over the top..

everything thats gone/going on and people are calling Kanye cos he had the balls to say what all of non-white america could see for themselves.

and the link you posted aswell as alot of other images sums it up perfect.
what could non-white america see vann?

1)that new orleans is 85% black
2)that new orleans was already the poorest city in america

yeah so our media is racist, our president is racist because a hurricane hit New Orleans and stranded 1000's of poor black people who couldnt get out..
And because the president(fema, DHS inlcdued) was ill-prepared and incompetent, to deal with this, and becuase the media is reporting on black people and showing picutres of black people who are stranded, this makes the president and the media racist... doestn make sense, if this was a poor predominantly white city, the same problems would have existed, no plans, no way to get the poor out on there own, horrible response times, utter incomptence from FEMA and DHS, stay to what you know which is the UK... this has nothing to do with color, it has alot more to do with social classes and the poor..... Kayne West is a moron who is just trying to get press for himself..

being ill-prepared and incompetent does not make you a racist, reporting the news and showing images of black people looting, does not make you racist.. they showed white people looting as well vann....

Big up Kanye West anyways.....i hope his album sales goes up because THEY can crush his career just like they did to that Public Enemy female (can't remember her name) after she flamed George Bush.

csaunders said:

yeah so our media is racist, our president is racist because a hurricane hit New Orleans and stranded 1000's of poor black people who couldnt get out..
And because the president(fema, DHS inlcdued) was ill-prepared and incompetent, to deal with this, and becuase the media is reporting on black people and showing picutres of black people who are stranded, this makes the president and the media racist... doestn make sense, if this was a poor predominantly white city, the same problems would have existed, no plans, no way to get the poor out on there own, horrible response times, utter incomptence from FEMA and DHS, stay to what you know which is the UK... this has nothing to do with color, it has alot more to do with social classes and the poor..... Kayne West is a moron who is just trying to get press for himself..

being ill-prepared and incompetent does not make you a racist, reporting the news and showing images of black people looting, does not make you racist.. they showed white people looting as well vann....

Your way off the mark, no one is saying that their racist because of the hurricane, if you believe that then your not as bright as I had you down for.

This situation has highlighted the racism that already exists nothing more nothing less. But your obviously unaware of alot that goes on in your own country

And if I was you i'd keep your "stay to what you know" to yourself, I have family all over the US so i'm well informed on what goes on.

Dont be so naive...

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Your way off the mark, no one is saying that their racist because of the hurricane, if you believe that then your not as bright as I had you down for.

This situation has highlighted the racism that already exists nothing more nothing less. But your obviously unaware of alot that goes on in your own country

And if I was you i'd keep your "stay to what you know" to yourself, I have family all over the US so i'm well informed on what goes on.

Dont be so naive...
you said kayne was spot on, kayne was insuating the media is racist and so is george bush, our media is far from racist, and what happend in new orleans has nothing to do with color, as your your family thats great, I have black friends even feel and know it has nothign to do with color, you can sit there and play the race card but in the end you just look stupid, because the facts are just not there to support that.... I LIVE HERE DUDE, you dont, racisim does exist of course it does, but what happend in new orelans had absolutley nothing to do with race.... if they were rescuing white people instead of blacks then you have a point, if only whites were allowed to leave the city and blacks had to stay you have a point, its a question of poor vs rich, the rich had cars with gas and money in there pockets to leave, the poor WHITE AND BLACK inlcuded, did not, its as simple as that, the goverment was not prepared to handle this disaster, it effected the poor in the worst possible way, the rich had the means to get out, the poor did not, and the govermnet provided little for either, your an ignorant fool if you think it is because they are black.... all your doing is adding fuel to the fire, your not serving anyone best intrest by addressing social problems in america as racial problems, we have a social problem in america where too many people WHITE AND BLACK are poor....

vann this story is about an PREDOMINANTLY WHITE PARISH, they got left alone as well

CHALMETTE, Louisana (AP) -- The cars were swallowed, the homes shattered and the people left clinging for life. Survivors waited for help, but it seemed like so little, so late.

More than a week since Hurricane Katrina cut its swath along the Gulf Coast, word is only now starting to trickle out from this outlying area of some 66,000 people on Louisiana's southeastern edge.

What's said is filled with anger -- residents feeling even more abandoned than hard-hit New Orleans -- and disbelief. (See video of a largely submerged parish -- 2:35 )

"If you dropped a bomb on this place, it couldn't be any worse than this," said Ron Silva, a district fire chief in St. Bernard Parish. "It's Day 8, guys. Everything was diverted first to New Orleans, we understand that. But do you realize we got 18 to 20 feet of water from the storm, and we've still got 7 to 8 feet of water?"

In the working-class parishes of St. Bernard and Plaquemines, the heavy rain and levee break brought a wall of water up to 20 feet high. Local officials expect the number of deaths to be in the hundreds.

In one wrenching case, 30 residents in a nursing home died and 30 others were evacuated, said Lt. Gov. Mitch Landrieu, who has been working with search and rescue. (Full story)

Homes were chopped open, a Baptist church's steeple ripped off. Water gurgles and spurts in places from leaking natural gas.

"I can't even imagine trying to rebuild this," said Kevin Cobble, a U.S. Fish and Wildlife officer from Las Cruces, New Mexico, who has been looking for survivors.

As relief efforts sputtered in the days after the storm, Verlyn Davis Jr., an out-of-work electrician, took charge. He transformed his parents' bar and seafood restaurant, Lehrmann's, into a shelter where he dispatches people to clear roads, hook up generators and help in the disaster relief process.

About 20 people have been staying there these days. On a boarded-up window out front is a blue spray-painted sign: "ABOUT TIME BUSH!"

"The governor and the president let thousands of people die and they let them die on their roofs and they let them die in the water," said Davis, 45. "We got left. They didn't care."

Help has begun to pour in -- the sound of the military helicopters overhead interrupts the silence. Search teams in boats pound on rooftops. They shout, "Anybody home?" But they know the answer.

"New Orleans took a beating," said Jason Stage, a 47-year-old maintenance worker staying at Lehrmann's. "But St. Bernard Parish and Plaquemines was ground zero."

no racism in media?...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/tae777/f9827639.jpg
nuff said...end of question....

in the end its a bad leader more than racism..but is racism healthy and strong in the usa? YES....i also live here.....and the only ones who deny racism exists are generally those unaffected by it....the more we deny it exists..the longer itll continue......hopefully this helps unify the country...because its seriously divided right now....

ps i thought kanye could have gotten his point across better....he made very little sense in alot of it i thought.....i think a better representative is needed..someone who can talk clearly :)
in the end its a tragedy for everyone..not just one race....

Last edited by a moderator:
csaunders said:

A little late for a comment, but, well said.
The only part Id disagree with is "Kayne West is a moron who is just trying to get press for himself". I would have left it at, "Kayne West is a moron"....I dont think it was about getting press attention, I think it was about making an uneducated, childish comment.

Last edited:
I think its clear as day that the American government and a part of the the public have racism built in. The current President was given his post by the means of a total farce , I strongly remember the incident where black voters had votes that were not valid let me guess it was just coincidental that they were black. Statistics , they're just a smoke screen aren't they?

csaunders said:

The budget for flood defences was cut in 2001, to fund.... the military. It makes me sick when people talk about not reconstructing for economic value, they often have no idea they are spending nearly 200m per day in Iraq, not on the Iraqi or american people but the military industrial complex. Of course, they are compartmentalised issues.

You could go back to the 70s with plans to upgrade the flood defences for N-O, still that 45m for bushs inaugration was money well spent.

As for the looting, we all remember the TV scens of black people looting, along with stories around the same time of murder and rape (they werent trying to link the two, honest). However the N-O police chiefs comments that no one got raped or killed in the large dome and looting wasnt anywhere near the levels reported on the TV. The funniest video I saw was the police looting a store, again not for mainstream viewing, wonder why. :roll:

"Here's how it works. Money comes in, favors go out, the people lose." A Schwarzenegger

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom