Kingdom Come [All Platforms]

Maybe wrong game, but heard when you die you die.

Does that mean you start over from start or is it something else that happens?

FD

No, its not that game.
You start from the last Save.
But saves are rare, bare in mind.
There are some from time to time, when you progress with the story, other than that - only way to save is to drink a specific potion. Sometimes you get them, later on you can make them if you learn alchemy.
Its good to have them, especially if you choose to roam free. You could easily lose big chunk of progress.
Id suggest to progress with the main story for a while, until you get a horse and some basic training at least.
There is a lot of clips on youtube with tips as well, if you want to be prepared a bit better.

And also be prepared for a very long intro,the free roaming/mission part of the game takes a while to unlock.
Once you do, train/train and some more training

The good thing is - training is fun. Its probably best fighting mechanism I have seen in this type of games. Its very realistic, looks and feels deadly when you're in combat.
That's true Marty,I'm acctually kinda tempted to restart this game and be a bit more smart (more training)
Right now,from not having played it in a while it's tough as hell coming back,straight in to combat etc.

I was acctually stunned/surprised after my first kill,I chopped down a guy who supposed to guard me or something.
Quite a different feeling from hacking down people left and right in other games,and this was after playing it a long time

On my way home from a small vacation yesterday, I picked up the royal edition PS4 disc at a local games store.

“damn you“ @rockstrongo and @Emroth for your lovely stories! :HAND::LOL:

a free weekend ahead, let’s see what the buzz is all about.
I do like the English language with accent spoken in the beginning...

Last edited:
Watch out with those DLC's.
Thats the version i bought and i already triggered one that was few hours long by accident.. i think blue icons are where DLC quests are starting.

Watch out with those DLC's.
Thats the version i bought and i already triggered one that was few hours long by accident.. i think blue icons are where DLC quests are starting.
Ok. I just got the message of the DLCs being activated.

I’m at the miller now.
What a lovely intro to the game before!

Even when I know by now, I’m probably not gonna finish this game... I love it.

For its detail, for its calm presence and its hectic moments, for every move that counts!

The music. Oh boy those background sounds... what a lovely scene and mood is set up here?! It’s just lovely.

Thank you so much for “recommending” it. Thanks @Emroth and @rockstrongo !!
I trusted you on this and a wasn’t disappointed. Just great. :)

Last edited:
Even when I know by now, I’m probably not gonna finish this game... I love it.

For its detail, for its calm presence and its hectic moments, for every move that counts!

The music. Oh boy those background sounds... what a lovely scene and mood is set up here?! It’s just lovely.

Thank you so much for “recommending” it. Thanks @Emroth ans @rockstrongo !!
I trusted you on this and a wasn’t disappointed. Just great. :)
Lovely to hear mate,you described it perfectly,I feel the same way,calm/realistic yet very hectic when shit goes down.
I'm going to restart this when I'm finished with Alien isolation.
It's tough to start where I am right now ,haven't played in a long time

Lovely to hear mate,you described it perfectly,I feel the same way,calm/realistic yet very hectic when shit goes down.
I'm going to restart this when I'm finished with Alien isolation.
It's tough to start where I am right now ,haven't played in a long time
The story of Henry needs to be told everywhere... gimme another week and I’m even more hooked (wanting to get more users experiencing this). It’s already one of the best RPG’s I’ve ever played. :)

I’m grateful, my lord.

The story of Henry needs to be told everywhere... gimme another week and I’m even more hooked (wanting to get more users experiencing this). It’s already one of the best RPG’s I’ve ever played. :)

I’m grateful, my lord.
I played this so much,probably 2 weeks straight,nothing else.
Shit,gotta start playing again,you got me hyped up

I remember downloading this game at some point..
Started it and played for about 1 hour and then it asked me to buy some potatoes or something from an oldman merchant if i remember correctly..
I reached the merchant and i tried to do this but shit was confusing af with the menu and everything..i remember spending 5 minutes to try and buying the fuckin potatoes and couldn't figure out how to do it so i was just frustrated and deleted the game..:LOL:

Maybe i'm gonna give it another chance at some point as i remember liking the whole atmosphere in general and your posts here leave me tempted..
It's just that it seems one of those games where you have to ''be there'' 100% to understand and enjoy it and i just wasn't in the mood when i downloaded it back then.I remember seeing the map and the menu and all the dozens of different icons and texts and shit and having no clue from where to begin with and just feel confused..

I remember downloading this game at some point..
Started it and played for about 1 hour and then it asked me to buy some potatoes or something from an oldman merchant if i remember correctly..
I reached the merchant and i tried to do this but shit was confusing af with the menu and everything..i remember spending 5 minutes to try and buying the fuckin potatoes and couldn't figure out how to do it so i was just frustrated and deleted the game..:LOL:

Maybe i'm gonna give it another chance at some point as i remember liking the whole atmosphere in general and your posts here leave me tempted..
It's just that it seems one of those games where you have to ''be there'' 100% to understand and enjoy it and i just wasn't in the mood when i downloaded it back then.I remember seeing the map and the menu and all the dozens of different icons and texts and shit and having no clue from where to begin with and just feel confused..
This might help: when you are in the trading menu there are usually 3 tabs. Traders inventory, your inventory and the basket.
After you selected items you want to buy or sell you hit the square button (on PS4) to enter the basket. Now, in the basket, press square again to buy/sell or hold the square button to haggle.

Last edited:
I need to get back to this again too. I've played it in two long periods so far, but with a gap of time in between. When I started back up on the second time of playing it took a bit to remember exactly where I was. Then I got into a fight and thought, shit, how do you fight again :LOL: Scraped through it luckily as I had a bit of armour on and the other guy was basically just wearing his clothes.

This time when I start it back up I'm going to have to go do the training again as I can't remember any of the sword stuff and without it you have no chance against any decent enemy. I left it last after tracking down Ginger and I'd got as far as the battle but got slaughtered in it as I quickly found my armour was nowhere near good enough and my fighting was novice at best! I tried the 'General' approach - standing back a bit and letting the riff raff get on with it but then I had to get involved and got killed again.

Brilliant game though. I do still prefer Witcher 3 but it's close. Different games though and both excellent.

. I left it last after tracking down Ginger
Thats more or less where I am. I tracked him down and now im supposed to follow up on the lead he gave me.
Supposed to go to town up north, which is kinda handy, coz I can learn to read there as well.
But im not in a hurry to go into any battle and Im kinda afraid that I will push the story too far.

Most of the stuff I carry is damaged now, I wanted to make some money on hunting and get some decent gear. And obviously - train a lot.
So I dont know whether I should push the Ginger story, or should I leave it.
Im just camping in the forest now, where we went hunting with Hans, before I make any decisions.
Id like all the lads to get back to Rattay, so I had cpt.Bernard available to give me more lessons.

@Emroth I'm hoping I have a save before I committed to the battle so that I can restart on that one and do some more training first and improve my gear before going back to that.

Yes that's the point that I learnt to read. That first part didn't involve too much in the way of hard battles if I recall correctly as I did that in my second session of playing and I was pretty crap at sword battles during that. I found during that time that if you make sure you go in with your horse, if you get a surprise attack in the woods you can run away :LOL: I remember one particularly long escape on a horse whilst bleeding to death and just finding a bath house in time!

Just last night, playing about 2 hours, I got lost collecting herbs... :D
I went on to push the main story forward a bit but got surprised and distracted all the time.
First Pesheks Gang wanted some money for nursing me at the mill. I fooled them once by saying I’m not Henry but they came back. This time those 2 guys starting beating me. I got the club out and tried to hold them off. Did not work so well as my Henry is only good at throwing manure at the moment I guess. :LOL:
But what a surprise, 2 guards suddenly joined the beating and stated punishing those 2 guys till they got down. The guards did not attack me... so I thought: they must have been witnessed how I got harassed and stepped in. Nice move guards. :D

I looted those 2 bullies when they were down and the guards had went off.

I guess I have to go to that guy holding the ring from a dead at night and steal it from his house so Peshek is satisfied and calls off the gang!

Then I went to Sir Radzig. What a nice cinematic I got to see here. It really adds to the mood.
So now it’s about time to start the fighting lessons.
At the mill I tried my luck at Pesheks loot box. Lock picking worked one time but I was happy.
Bonded with Mutt, gave him some beacon (only the best for him) and took him for a walk... TO HEEL!! :)

I hope the main story progress will get me a horse soon. I don’t mind the running to much, as it’s implemented very well imo (with the running on circle and different cam movement while doing so) but a horse to store stuff would be nice.
I need to put a way a lot of stuff... ;) the boathouse got robbed completely. Some NPCs shouldn’t go to bed.... I’m a filthy Henry sometimes. :D

Great game. So detailed. So different. Love it.

Last edited:
and another day in Rattay goes by...

last night Henry was doing his first battle lessons. he did pretty well. after that he got first first archery lesson and won the competition against the young snob. lost the sword fight after that but hey... thats the life of a peasant (FOR NOW)! :D

i was roaming rattay at night with my torch, collecting more herbs and got beaten by Kunesh again! well, he tried but i gave him some left and right and he kneeled down. :) Henry is getting better in the fighting department now every day... i can feel it. i need to let him do even more training!

so, 2,5 hours rushed by so fast last night... i even forgot to steal the ring for Peshek. so much stuff to do and everything takes time. this is "worse" than in RDR2! ;)

i'll be reporting soon...

Really enjoying this so far.

Just went to the 2nd town, but I felt a bit guilty at Theresa (think that was the name) so I'm going to start over I think. Never knew I could try and intervene.

I'm. Not understanding the controls and stuff, think I might know how to sprint, but there is nothing on the layout to say you can.

Will. Need to check controls as don't even. Know how to. Pull out sword.

FD

I love the story, but don't like the gameplay one bit. I know it's meant to be a case of building you up, but way too much work. Required I think. For me.

Don't think I can progress through the story unless I'm building my guy up but it's a bit too boring for me.

Lockpicking is a waste of time, pickpocketing is a pain and the fighting is just way too hard too, I defeated the young Hans guy but think you can't lose, tried a tournie and got mauled in seconds against the first guy.

Not sure if I can play it too much more if the story isn't going to progress unless I bore myself to death improving stats.

FD

I love the story, but don't like the gameplay one bit. I know it's meant to be a case of building you up, but way too much work. Required I think. For me.

Don't think I can progress through the story unless I'm building my guy up but it's a bit too boring for me.

Lockpicking is a waste of time, pickpocketing is a pain and the fighting is just way too hard too, I defeated the young Hans guy but think you can't lose, tried a tournie and got mauled in seconds against the first guy.

Not sure if I can play it too much more if the story isn't going to progress unless I bore myself to death improving stats.

FD
This is how I felt about it.

The atmosphere, voice acting and story telling is the best I’ve ever witnessed in an RPG. I was hooked on that part of the game. Everything feels alive and real.

But the gameplay is just too shoddy for me to stick with it. I keep going back - playing a little, get into combat with a bandit or whoever and then it’s time to turn it off. The combat is extremely slow and clunky. I know it’s kind of supposed to be. But it’s just executed really badly.

Its a shame because this is so refreshing compared to other RPGs. I still love checking in here to see you guys tell us about your latest experiences with Henry!

This is how I felt about it.

The atmosphere, voice acting and story telling is the best I’ve ever witnessed in an RPG. I was hooked on that part of the game. Everything feels alive and real.

But the gameplay is just too shoddy for me to stick with it. I keep going back - playing a little, get into combat with a bandit or whoever and then it’s time to turn it off. The combat is extremely slow and clunky. I know it’s kind of supposed to be. But it’s just executed really badly.

Its a shame because this is so refreshing compared to other RPGs. I still love checking in here to see you guys tell us about your latest experiences with Henry!
I think it's part of the charm,not just button mashing,but it takes a long time getting comfy with it.
I prefer 3rd person shooters etc,and I wish that being able to switch to 3rd person for fighting would benefit it's clunkiness.

Hi

I have a UK license key to sell for Xbox One (I thought the digital codes were region free, seems like they are not !) I sell it for 10 pounds, please contact me if interested via PM

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom