Kingdom Come [All Platforms]

Placebo

Ԁlɐɔǝqo
3 May 2003
Orrefors, Sweden.
Sheffield Wednesday
This is the Kickstarter thread for Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

We’re mixing the freedom and mechanics of Skyrim, the setting of Mount and Blade, the storytelling styles of The Witcher and Red Dead Redemption, and the tough combat dynamics of Dark Souls into a single, gorgeous package. You could say we’d like to give ArmA (a franchise many of us worked on) an RPG makeover, streamlining the systems and controls and polishing the overarching world while keeping the unique, genuine feeling of its action and environments.

YouTube - Kingdom Come: Deliverance Official Kickstarter Video

Looks great, I'll play anything with a bow and arrow!

Backed it at "Duke" think it suits my personality ;)

48ea9fae2482eff914146f5fafecf53c_large.jpg

2deb44524f1b06fc5be26a8d2f661b7e_large.png

• Non-linear story lets you choose between being a villain or a savior. Every quest can be solved in multiple ways.
  • A revolutionary combat systembased on inverse kinematics, the only one of its kind to offer a rich, authentic yet easy-to-control, first-person melee experience. Based on actual 15th century fighting techniques and designed in cooperation with medieval martial arts experts.
  • Improve your character. Different play styles - warrior, rogue or bard - can be mixed and matched as you see fit. You can develop your skills, earn new perks, and fine-tune your equipment.
  • Large realistic, medieval-themed, open world landscape covering 3.5 square miles and 30 hours of gameplay (in first act, out of 3 total).
  • Lead the charge in enormous, open field battles and sieges. You are no superhero. If you’re going to take on an army of enemies, you better find one of your own to back you up.
  • Take a trip through the Middle Ages: Traverse sprawling cities, magnificent castles, towering, dark forests, and muck-strewn villages.
  • Discover this huge world from horseback or on foot. If you can see it, you can visit it.
  • A dynamic world comes alive. Every inhabitant plays a role in their communities, and as night follows day, you can watch people work, help them when needed, or try to interfere in their routine and see what happens.
  • Build relationships with characters, become a criminal or a local hero, seduce local women, threaten your enemies or pardon vanquished opponents.
  • Create your own weapons, cook, brew up potions, or dig around for silver. All crafting occurs in-game, using clever mini-games, rather than boring, soulless menus.

e67423aceb68a79490a0a4ac2a06ee4b_large.jpg

c3e43cf0845f0f81f1ae79dba407354c_large.jpg

565dc53d30a9acaaf84eb9ce7a78d75c_large.jpg

a18193fd153423d52fb4704a355a8193_large.jpg

8315d3eb5fa3e32ff904972903babdaa_large.jpg

a817ca1ad2044f0ee336289557ee6aeb_large.jpg

7ac8b393267ab86b8e7f3f9bfddb833e_large.jpg

Definitely going to keep my eye on this one, looks very Witcher-esque visually (in the screenshots)

I hope that being developed by the people who I am hoping made the original Mafia game - I hope it is mainly developed for the PC and everything becomes pretty realistic and anal, as that is what made Mafia such an incredible experience for me.
I really hope this game doesn't get dumped down for the console crowd.

I will buy the Knight - Digital next week when I get paid, as I hate January as your 6 weeks from pay days and I always over spend in the Steam Sales

Last edited:
If only it weren't first-person. Soon as I hear that my interest dropped. I'm all about third-person, especially if we're talking melee combat. First-person feels so claustrophobic, limiting, and archaic.

Personally I'd be ecstatic if first-person went the way of 2D platform games.

I'm happy with either TBH, but probably prefer first person over third, especially as I'm all about the archery in games and it's way better in first person with iron sights :)

I know this is off-topic, but a gamen that gets fantastic reviews here in Belgium is "The Banner Saga" (on Steam) and later perhaps PSN and Xbox network.

It is supposed to be very good...

I know this is off-topic, but a gamen that gets fantastic reviews here in Belgium is "The Banner Saga" (on Steam) and later perhaps PSN and Xbox network.

It is supposed to be very good...

I have it downloaded and installe but haven't had the time yet to try it. I buy a lot of steam games like this one just to support quality indie (and not-so-indie) development. And I must say it has paid off up to now.

Nearly two years away?

Early access alpha is June/July this year which will have elements added onto it as it moves towards beta status, then Act 1 will follow some point after that, I think Q4 2015 is the estimate for all 3 acts, seeing as Act 1 will be 30+ hours of gameplay in a 9km2 map itself it's not too far away to look forward to :)

I have not done the early access yet as I am worried about the game being in development for the consoles as well as PC.

Operation Flashpoint and Mafia were both brilliant games as well as Arma but the reason they were good games is that they were developed for the PC and PC gamer in mind, now the problem lies when you start developing for consoles, games are instantly dumped down and simplified to appeal to the masses.
Also when games are developed for consoles they lose their realism, look at Arma compared to any FPS on console the game is leaps and bounds above anything available on console. Also AI suffers when developed for consoles, look at the AI in the original FEAR compared to the console games FEAR 2 and 3.
If this game was going to be developed for only PC then I would defiantly of purchased the Baron-Digital but I reckon this will now be a game I might buy in a Steam sale in about 3 years time when it is cheap.

Last edited:
I agree about games being dumbed down for console, however FEAR 1 was on Xbox 360 and had that same AI. I read up on it a while back and from what I remember it wasn't actually very CPU intensive, it was just smartly coded in relation to the level designs.

This game looks stunning visually, and they're talking the talk regarding gameplay, but we're yet to actually see anything concrete. Once there's an impressive tech demo/set of videos out there, I may be tempted.

Last edited by a moderator:
FEAR on the consoles wasn't the same, the AI was awful on the consoles.
It was mentioned in all the reviews that the AI was dumped down massively for it to run efficiently on them.

The AI in the original FEAR is probably the best AI I have encountered in an FPS, the fact that there was a gun battle with 15-20 men at a time at points and all the time the AI was looking at ways to get under cover and flank you was incredible.
Most games now are just dumb and you just constantly repeat the same process all the time, with FEAR I felt you had to do different things and playing the same part of a level again was always a new experience.

I like the effort they put in showing how they're shaping their world. A lot of respect for this kind of projects and people working in them.

Been a long four years but it's finally available from tomorrow! Waiting for my Steam to unlock, collector's edition arrived today:

Hard to take pics of the coin but did my best:

Added them to my unsorted collection:

Looks great. Anybody know if it is possible to play in 3rd person? I can't play in 1st because i get motion sickness.

Just finished the prologue, performance isn't great but once you find a reasonable settings balance the game is very enjoyable, combat is somewhat tricky at first but seems rewarding once you get the hang of it :)

Back
Top Bottom