Kingdom Come [All Platforms]

Favourite moment so far (not mine):

srkiB1H.gif

It should be noted this isn't your usual designed for 12 year old Americans hand holding type RPG, it's very, very tough and RPG aspects are very deep, things like if your clothes are dirty/bloody you'll not get respect from people you're talking to and you could even scare people off, you have to eat when hungry but don't overeat or eat mouldy food else you get food poisoning, you have to sleep when tired, bandage wounds when bleeding, sharpen your sword when it's blunt, so many small aspects like that.

How does the save game work on this?

Read you need to drink 3 potions or something like this to save the game, or wait till an autosave point.

Now I would prefer to just hit save, as restricted for time.. So how often does autosave happen? Is it every 10 mins, or does it sometimes stretch and can be 30/40 mins between save points?

As TBH this is the only thing putting me off personally at the moment, performance issues on my PC should be at a minimum and with a game as huge as this I expect there to be some bugs.

The thing about the save system - and I feel like this about so much of the game - is that it'd be brilliant if it were locked away under some "hardcore" difficulty mode. Then your vision is still there, it's just not off-putting.

I really admire what they're doing in a landscape that's becoming more and more about easy, silly experiences. Something with history - that's not just a glorified WWI/WWII slay-fest - is amazing. But how easy would it have been to have a "normal" and a "hard" save mode to avoid wasting 45 minutes repeatedly when you're stuck on a certain quest?

The game isn't entirely realistic - I've seen videos of guys in sleepwear become fully-armoured once they're tapped with a sword - so what harm are you doing giving people a "normal" save mode? Same applies to the apparently-impossible lock-picking.

Might pick this up for PS4, cant see it any cheaper than £45 tho
I would 100% give it a couple of patches before you get involved - then you'll get it cheaper and there'll be more serious bugs fixed.

It should be noted this isn't your usual designed for 12 year old Americans hand holding type RPG...

Oh man, it's definitely not designed for 12 year old Europeans, then.

Game looks promising but seems to have a lot of bugs. Combat looks a bit clunky too. Visuals and setting look nice though. Hoping this can fill the void until the next ES game arrives.

I see the first patch was a massive 23gb in size, hopefully another one will sort out other issues.

Yes they said the massive patch was for consoles only - this is due to them having to submit the game 3 months prior to release for it to be checked by Microsoft and Sony.

So effectively the console version on the discs is effective 3/4 month old code if un-patched.

Eurogamer isn't impressed with this game.

I am only 3 hours into it at the moment, and it is a very very slow burner with pretty poor dialogue.

I will keep going knowing that I am still pretty much in the tutorial, and the fighting seems pretty good, so when combat becomes more common the game will improve and I will be able to forgive some of the boring, dull dialogue.

Last edited:
Eurogamer isn't impressed with this game.
The review reads to me like they ARE impressed generally (with a line that says something like "when it works, it beats all other RPGs") - but the latter part of the article literally says they can't "slap recommended on it" because of the attitude of the (admittedly not-very-nice-sounding) producer.

Still going to hold off in the hope that they add a lot more polish before starting work on Deliverance 2: Deliverance Harder.

I would get it but keep hearing horror stories regarding bugs

There are some bugs in the game, but that is expected from such a large scale RPG.

The main noticeable bugs are the severe clipping issues and NPC's standing and getting in your way, then all of a sudden you can walk through them.

There is also several mods available for the PC version which sound like they will improve the game, until the devs fix the issues themselves.

It's a great game, but janky, personally I'd prefer a great game with bugs than an average game without bugs ;)

One game play question though:-
If I don't save Theresa at the beginning of the game does it matter?
Or should I download a perfect save from the start of Rattray?

One game play question though:-
If I don't save Theresa at the beginning of the game does it matter?
Or should I download a perfect save from the start of Rattray?

TBH I have no idea, I did save her myself, completely by accident but it was a decent use of the horse calling mechanic!

Edit: Just googled for you ;)

She doesn't die either way, if you save her yourself you get an achievement that's it.

TBH I have no idea, I did save her myself, completely by accident but it was a decent use of the horse calling mechanic!

Edit: Just googled for you ;)

She doesn't die either way, if you save her yourself you get an achievement that's it.

Ok that's good to know, I won't bother going back and re-loading it from that point.

I will just continue with the game and hope I start getting into some fights.

Just downloaded this on Xbox,I can see it's a great game,but I'm struggling with the controls (fighting) and it's slow going fw.
But I bet it's great once you're over that hump

Brilliant game,a game I rate very high, especially being true to its roots and not selling out by implementing cheap shortcuts in both story and gameplay.
Must get back to it again,stuck on a fight that I can't get past

I only put like 2 hours into this, just did not have the time to get into it when I bought it...Having come across this post must get back into it this week!

I only put like 2 hours into this, just did not have the time to get into it when I bought it...Having come across this post must get back into it this week!
Its a brilliant game,takes some getting use to etc.
The intro (where I suppose u are atm) takes a few hours ,then the real game starts!

Back
Top Bottom