Kitserver bug reporting thread

Wowlman

Banned
4 February 2006
I thought that seeing as Kitserver is getting more and more complex and people are picking up on some strange bugs, it makes sense to have a thread for reporting bugs. Perhaps the moderators could make this a sticky?

Anyway, I have a new one: I was just watching some old replays from the 'Replay gallery', and this is a really weird one. The faces were all mixed up! I must admit to actually being quite spooked by seeing Paul Scholes with a black face, like an evil minstrel or something. But jokes aside, it seems all the faces had traded, although I have reason to believe some of the faces were just random ones.

I'm not sure if this occurs in other replays yet, but I don't think so. I guess maybe gallery replays load up differently to matches? I'll report back.

yes, replays are special. Player IDs are not actually saved in replays, so at the moment it's impossible to substitute the GDB faces correctly.

That said, i think the right solution for now is to disable the faceserver during replays. As it brings more grief than joy. In the future, we'll have a special module (which Robbie had almost implemented for PES5 and now adjusting to PES6) that would save some additional info with the replays, which will then allow the faces/hairs to be displayed properly in replays.

Btw, good idea about bug reporting thread, Wowlman!
We might also want to assign some unique IDs to the bugs (once the bug is reproducable and well described)

Just like viewing replays at replay museum..It always show the replay with last stadium selected. Not the one where the replay took place. I think that it worked well on KS5...No big deal=)

Yeah I was viewing Arsenal after correctly mapping each face to the player ID and Aluminia had Lauren's face. Also, I don't know if it's considered a bug or not, but the slowdown at the kit selection screen is annoying.

Btw, good idea about bug reporting thread, Wowlman!
We might also want to assign some unique IDs to the bugs (once the bug is reproducable and well described)
No problem. I like to think I'm doing my bit to help, just as you guys are helping us so much. :8):

Your idea for disabling kitserver during replays is a good one. Although I think instant replays (i.e. shown after a goal) aren't affected.

yes, those are ok. i meant to say: disable faceserver during "museum" replays.

Just like viewing replays at replay museum..It always show the replay with last stadium selected. Not the one where the replay took place. I think that it worked well on KS5...No big deal=)

this is arguably "a feature". :) If you want the stadium that the game was played on at the time of replay, and if it wasn't a GDB stadium, then can do this: go to an exhbition match, select stadium to "game choice", don't start the match, but go back, and then to the Musieum/replay playback. It will now show the correct stadium.

(Alternatively, you can always select whatever stadium you want to show the replay in - by choosing a GDB stadium the same way as described earlier).

ok think i found another bug.My game exits to desktop when games about to start after the team screen.As its about to launch the match.I have kitserver 6.3.3 installed a big stadium pack 360 stadiums from a different thread,600 balls and the face + hairs thing.Any ideas guys.Id put money on it having something to do with face + hair server cause i had same problems with PES5 before i fixed it

ok think i found another bug.My game exits to desktop when games about to start after the team screen.As its about to launch the match.I have kitserver 6.3.3 installed a big stadium pack 360 stadiums from a different thread,600 balls and the face + hairs thing.Any ideas guys.Id put money on it having something to do with face + hair server cause i had same problems with PES5 before i fixed it

That'll be something to do with your stadium, in my experience. Does this happen with all stadiums, or are you only trying one?

A lot of stadiums disagree with the High-res crowd patch and also some adboard packs - no idea why though.

Either way, I'm not having this trouble, so I don't think it's a specific Kitserver issue.

Well i took the face server and hairs out and tried it and it worked as i first thought.Then i downloaded another face + hair pack and tried it again and it all works.Wish i could remember what thread i got it now for u.But im very tired i ll have another look around for a few mins

Last edited:
Well i took the face server and hairs out and tried it and it worked as i first thought.Then i downloaded another face + hair pack and tried it again and it all works.Wish i could remember what thread i got it now for u.But im very tired i ll have another look around for a few mins
You should look in Edit mode for every face in teams you put to play when the game crashed. You should note when it crashes, and quit the face or hair of the player you was about to select.

So I downloaded the new fserv.dll, but I still get the slowdown. It's due to having HD kits on a below average PC (not kitserver). I was simming a match earlier today (disabling player control in the "player settings option" and setting game speed to double speed) playing as Arsenal vs. West Ham, both regular kits (the only HD kit was Arsenal GK). Game is running smoothly until West Ham player takes a shot and Arsenal GK comes into the screen, all sssslllloooowwwww until he kicks it away and is removed from the screen. Wish I had a better PC....

Guys, the changing kits bug is still there, although it's nowhere near as frequent.

Since 6.4 came out I haven't had any problems until today, but I was playing a game of Man United vs Reading and when the camera zoomed in or if they had a free kick, Reading's kit changed to the England kit. Not only that, but it was the Konami standard England kit, not a kitserver kit.

Just thought I better let you know.

I`m having a problem on online when I host and change formation it crashes ,but if I don`t host it it works fine..I search but didn`t find results this is after the new 6.3.4 version

Having problems with crashes at the team formation screen. I tried to narrow it down to stadiumserver or ballserver but sometimes it is both. Only really stops crashing when kitserver is not loaded at all! Using Kitserver 6.3.4

Hi.

I am still getting the kit changing bug with the latest kitserver.

I was playing an exibition match as Liverpool against Blackburn, and on replays and some cut-scenes, Liverpool had what i think is the Czech Republic home kit, and Blackburn had the standard Konami England home kit on!

It is not just confined to replays either. As the Blackburn keeper is about to take a goal kick, he is wearing the England home keeper kit.

I hope it can be sorted soon, coz it is ruining an otherwise brilliant patch.:8):

Cheers,
Terrone.

Thanks juce, but i can't download it. There seems to be a problem with filefront AGAIN!

Is there any chance you could send it to my e-mail address please?:D

Cheers,
Terrone.

AH HA!\\:o/

Scratch that last post of mine, i have got it now.

Thanks juce, i will post when i have tried it, let you know if it works.

Cheers,
Terrone.

Hello guys,

I don't know if you can qualify this as a bug, but its a weird kitserver problem. On PES5 and 6 the kitserver worked fine for me. But now I installed the 'Evolution Patch' with all its balls/stadiums/faces etc. + the latest kitserver and suddenly the kitserver doesn't work anymore! :shock:

I have removed and installed it again, nothing changed. Nothing shows up anymore, no ball preview, no kitserver menu to change the kits, nothing what I had before..just that silly default-PES-kits :(

Oh yeah, also the LODmixer doesn't work anymore..! No crowd is visible on camera Wide, but I've selected it in LODmixer.

Note: The Evolution Patch has 2 .exe files, for offline and online play. I tried them both, together, apart..nothing helps..

Is this problem known by you guys? I'm no n00b when it comes to the kitservers so that's why my last hope rests on you guys..pleaassseee...:roll: :roll: :roll:

Last edited:

Looks like kitserver insert only the front of the hair..

Forehead looks a bit weird..

Dont know if these things are bugs or my kitserver options aren't ok..

I was about to tell you another hair thing :)
Joaquín - PES5

Joaquín - PES6 (i can't change his hair type, colour, nothing)

And that's without a hair bin. Same thing happens with other players.

Another thing: sometimes it crashes when looking Davids into edit mode (sometimes not). Yeah, weird.

Another weird thing: everytime i try to edit any player from USA national team, it crashes. But kitserver's working, cos I see all of their faces perfectly well ingame, and in edit mode, just when I select EDIT (for example, Donovan) it crashes.

Hope it helps :)

Last edited:
Hi, I'm having some problems with the weather in League mode. Despite having random season and weather selected on the kit selection screen the League still only seems to play 'day fine' and 'night fine' matches.

Exhibition matches play all kinds of weather so the error might be a kitserver bug.

Anyone any suggestions?

I was about to tell you another hair thing :)
Joaquín - PES5

Joaquín - PES6 (i can't change his hair type, colour, nothing)

And that's without a hair bin. Same thing happens with other players.

Another thing: sometimes it crashes when looking Davids into edit mode (sometimes not). Yeah, weird.

Another weird thing: everytime i try to edit any player from USA national team, it crashes. But kitserver's working, cos I see all of their faces perfectly well ingame, and in edit mode, just when I select EDIT (for example, Donovan) it crashes.

Hope it helps :)

1. Very strange... i downloaded a face by Alex which looks like yours. And it works fine for me. Did you try that face file for other players and other face files for Joaquin? Please upload the bin file and post the link here!

2. Hard to say what causes that error. What happens if you disable the GDB face and hair for him, does it always work then?

3. Which kitserver version do you use? In the latest version (6.3.6) there is a work-around which should fix that bug.

@Babi: The first thing seems to be a mistake in the face or hair file. Please test it the old way (insert it into the AFS), as faceserver only replaces the files. Possibly you need to change some settings like hair colour in the editor, since the hair file might include only the front parts.

And concerning the second one: I guess the facemaker didn't change the smaller 3d model, only the one used for close-ups. If you zoom in the face should look fine. This can't be effected by faceserver, please look for another face.

Back
Top Bottom