Konami BS

7 August 2004
Liverpool
Is anyone else tired of konami's bullshitting about features in game to improve sales?

Example:
1 - Whatever happend to the supposed suprise?Was it that we didnt get one? In the beta the england team had official kits in the o-text but not in game or final version
2 - Wasnt there something said about the bundesliga by a pr rep?
3 - taken from konami website:
It goes without saying, but we love saying it anyway - Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (PES 5) makes the best even better. With the new licensed teams, new trademark moves, massively expanded Master League and variable weather conditions, PES 5 ensures that console football is even closer to the real thing.

in what way is it massively expanded? a added development chart?

4 - Intervew with seabass from yeboah17:
Interview with Seabass

We were three journalists from Gemany and Switzerland and we were given about 30 minutes to ask whatever we would like to know concerning Pro Evo Soccer 5. So, the questions came from all of us. A Konami CEO translated the questions and answers since “Seabass” does not speak English.

Q: We now got the fifth part of the ProEvo series. So what are the main parts you’ve developed? Is there anything special you like about PES5?

S: We have the online function in the PS2 version in the European territory, and, in addition to that, we have secured some new licenses from new clubs and leagues. And, we have new AI, artificial intelligence, added to the game system.

Offcourse this could just be the translation but he says added licenses from clubs and leagues (a bit nit picking here i admit, but it could be possible with what the pr rep said)

6 -
Q: How do you choose the teams that are in the game? For example, Egypt, a very strong country from Africa, is missing.

S: As you know, we have the limitations of the data capacity of the current platforms. So, I give the priority to the CL top 16 teams, so other teams could be dropped from the game. So, e.g., if a Greek club team advances to the CL final tournament, strong African teams could be dropped due to the limitation of the data capacity and hardware.

Data limitations on teams? Yet fifa can have a couple of thousand it seems?!PES5 data size: 2gb, fifa had nearly 4gb if i remember correctly

Dont get me wrong, i think the game is great and very much worth the money, however im a bit tired of being dissapointed by them and there untrue comments and their lack of development in any other part of the game besides gameplay.

Yeh I agree with most of your points their mate, data capacity is not a issue when they only use half the fukin dvd anyway. I mean look at the amount of data Football Manager holds. That was just a stupid excuse by him :lol:

Also the england kit is STILL in the 0_text of the final version. The lazy bastards couldn't even be bothered to take it out. Thats one thing with Konami they seem very lazy at times.

I mean the pc and xbox version are just crappy ports of the ps2 version in my opinion. For example the crowd issue wouldn't have needed resolving on the pc or xbox but they were too lazy to put it back in lol. Seen as the xbox and pc version are identical in file format they could just make a true version on one format for both of them. But they just take the easy option out which isn't good enough in my opinion.

You're both Right they are bunch of lazy cunts, the Xbox version proves it, for fuck sake id say it only uses maybe 60% of the processing power of the xbox, this years game should have been built on the xbox and ported over to the ps2, surely using a more powerful machine is going to allow you to do so much more with a game, rather that making it on a now ageing ps2!

tiktiktiktik said:
Is anyone else tired of konami's bullshitting about features in game to improve sales?

Example:
1 - Whatever happend to the supposed suprise?Was it that we didnt get one? In the beta the england team had official kits in the o-text but not in game or final version

Answer
1. They have put in the chicken cup - quality, once you've unlocked it :D

Stringer Bell said:
What the hell is the chicken cup, you keep going on about it.

Ahh, great days, you mightn't know.

Dar & Marty Boy does.

Was a big wind up on the gamefaqs board - convincing people only to have turkish players in a ML team and winning five seasons in a row on 5* (and other such varients), would unlock a super cup.....

The Original Spikester said:

Dar & Marty Boy does.

Was a big wind up on the gamefaqs board - convincing people only to have turkish players in a ML team and winning five seasons in a row on 5* (and other such varients), would unlock a super cup.....
lol were they dumb enough to beleive you lot :mrgreen:

I like the "we have the limitations of the data capacity of the current platforms" line to excuse themselves from adding extra teams. Yet, WE9 had all those extra Asian international teams (albeit unplayable) and a few extra clubs which don't appear in PES5. I guess the data capacity of the European DVD must be smaller than the Jap one then...

Strange how SWOS had literally hundreds upon hundreds of teams and full working league structures, and they all fitted onto a couple of 1.44mb floppies.

Totaly agree. Not that PES 5 is a bad game, it isn't (I love it), but they could've done so much more. They have had a full year of development time, and with what they come up with falls short in my opinion. And what's with all the out of the roof review scores? I've seen a few perfect 10 already, are you serious? It's just impossible to give something a 10, nothing is completely perfect! The game journalists seem to have gotten as lazy as Seabass & co. I mean if EA had a huge bug like the missing crowd one, everybody would be on their back, but in Konamies case I haven't read it anywhere? And also...

1. The interface hasn't changed one bit! Okay maybe their strenght in on the backside (gameplay) of it all but what about the frontend. I'm a graphic designer myself and boy my fingers are itching. It really isn't that hard to make a HUGE improvement in that department. So Konami why not hire a foreign design firm if you can't handle it? Or has it something to do with stuborn Japanese honor?

2. The sound FX haven't changed one bit from the first PES that I bought, three years ago. Now EA is getting smart nowdays and trying real hard to copy the good PES parts in their game (see the corners, freekicks to name a few), now why not play copycat in the sounddepartment. You get goose-flesh all over your body when you start an EA game with Liverpool FC 'You'll Never Walk Alone' anthem comming from the stands. Brrr...

3. For ### sake, get rid of that horrible comentating duo Peter & Trevor. Now I don't speak a word of French or Spanish, but that's what I'm listening to instead. You can say what you like about FIFA 06, but the new commentating is brilliant!

4. I could go on and on, but somehow PES 5 doesn't get a points deduction at all, nobody from the big (online) game magazines looks at the things that just are not so good, or just plain bad!

In my opinion Konami have a HUGE task on their hand in the next-generation arena. Forget about PES 5, with next years game Konami have to show their true colors and they finally can't hide behind "the limitations of the system" anymore. And what are we talking about, all cosmetic stuff here, supposed to be the easy part...

j4y3m said:
I don't give a crap, the game is good enough anyway.

And thus we have another helpful comment!

What everybody says is true and if you notice, they say they love the game but Konami are just plain f-ing lazy or rather consumed in releasing five versions each year that they can't make one perfect one.

Let's be honest, one global release with all manpower dedicated to it would give them a year to work solely on making the next version even better.

It may be the best soccer title in the world but it should be three years further down the line than it actually is. I mean WTF is up with taking 4-5 months to port PES5 to Winning Eleven 9: International to release in the States when it's an identical game other than the conversion to NTSC and a different cover for the box and opening sccreen title!!!!!!!!

Konami make no sense at all. They rule but they rule by the fact nobody else can get their thumb out of their ass!

Yeah Konami are lazy and I don't care, and I don't think anyone complaining about it will help.

Yes the Xbox version should look twice as good as on PS2 maybe they should re-do the whole of the Master League and work harder on getting Manchester United into the game but for now I'm happy with what I get.

Now if the next-gen comes around and Konami haven't improved the game that much I'll be pissed. :)

TheWolf said:
What everybody says is true and if you notice, they say they love the game but Konami are just plain f-ing lazy or rather consumed in releasing five versions each year that they can't make one perfect one.

Why would Konami make one perfect one, that can't be done.

And if it was possible they wouldn't really make any money would they...huh?

Rant, rant, rant...spoiled brats...rant...rant...rant...in search of new kicks....spoiled...

I don't want to offend anybody , but this must be one of the most useless threads in the history of Evo-web.
For the sake of argument.
Let's suppose that Konami have some new licences in PES6. The first divisions of Austria, Belgium, Norway, Sweden, Portugal and Greece...would you be satisfied???? NO!!!!

And who needs licenses when we have option files like PESFAn or others????
It's all about gameplay and PES5 is fantastic....

I could also be happy with some additions but some people are never happy...i think it's a fantastic game.

Last edited:
TheWolf said:
And thus we have another helpful comment!

I mean WTF is up with taking 4-5 months to port PES5 to Winning Eleven 9: International to release in the States when it's an identical game other than the conversion to NTSC and a different cover for the box and opening sccreen title!!!!!!!!

I have seen you made this comment on several post. Maybe you should ask the PR department KONAMI of America as to why it takes 5 months for Winning Eleven International edition to be ported North America. I will tell you that it is because they think that more people would buy the game when the actual MLS starts. It would make more sense if they add MLS and the MFL to the game but they don't. So in essence, Konami really don't care about the North American market. How much does it really cost to get the MLS and MFL license?

They had it in a earlier special edition game I think, not sure.

The fact of the matter is the game is well worth the £30-£35 I pay for it once a year and games are even cheaper in America.

Stan said:
Rant, rant, rant...spoiled brats...rant...rant...rant...in search of new kicks....spoiled...

I don't want to offend anybody , but this must be one of the most useless threads in the history of Evo-web.
Let's suppose that Konami have some new licences in PES6. The first divisions of Austria, Belgium, Norway, Sweden, Portugal and Greece...would you be satisfied???? NO!!!!

I could also be happy with some additions but some people are never happy...i think it's a fantastic game.
I understand your frustration, my friend.

I just want to say that PES 5 has some new licenses (Copenhagen, Halmstads, FC Porto, etc).. If you didn´t noticed that, then you should play the game first and then you can make stupid threads about konami.

Honestly, is the worst thread I´ve ever seen in this big forum.

V-9 said:
I have seen you made this comment on several post. Maybe you should ask the PR department KONAMI of America as to why it takes 5 months for Winning Eleven International edition to be ported North America. I will tell you that it is because they think that more people would buy the game when the actual MLS starts. It would make more sense if they add MLS and the MFL to the game but they don't. So in essence, Konami really don't care about the North American market. How much does it really cost to get the MLS and MFL license?

You're totally correct there. In fact I'd be surprised if the MLS didn't just give them the license!

They just encourage piracy the current way because let's face it, we're all an impatient bunch of bastards and none of us are gonna wait 6 months from the first WE release until the WE:I release. This year I bought WE9 and PES5 and I'll buy WE9:I. But, without a modded console I couldn't play the first two titles yet I still send Konami my money. The majority of people won't. They'll just download the first two and because of the small upgrade (i.e. box cover and title screen) from PES5 to WE9:I they'll just d/l WE9:I rather than buy it which they would have done if they'd have had simulataneous release dates.

Nobody expects Konami to have all the licenses but they don't exactly bust a nut to expand the database.Even just leave the blank fucking slots - we'll fill them in. Leave me 200 blank fucking team slots Konami and I'll do your job for you, I'll create all the English and Scottish leagues and the other missing premier leagues from the other countries but no. They have a DVD with 4.7GB capacity and release a game with 2.07GB data.

Pure laziness not to at least have those slots and fully customisable league options in there. Would probably take them two weeks to do max and everybody would be happy because they know the patchmakers would fill in the gaps.

It's not childish whining, we just know how hard it is to make the game more extensive and we're pissed they won't help us out. Encrypting the kits every year in a different way, etc.

I totally agree. Konami are quite pathetic when it comes to certain things, but it seems like they know that when you fall in love with PES you can't convert to something else, so no matter what they do with the game people just continue buying the next one.

Stan said:

Did you even read the original post? If so you better read it again as you clearly dont understand what im on about. Its not about licenses, gameplay improvements, lack of development, its about MISINFORMATION, do you understand?! Konami release information to get people interested, excited to buy the new game and when they actually have it, non of the info given is true!

i agree, i love the game and have loved the game since the iss on the snes. However thats not what we are on about is it, you have to be critical to get improvement. Although some of the reactions in here lead me to believe you think you should be happy with whatever you get.

Artist said:
I just want to say that PES 5 has some new licenses (Copenhagen, Halmstads, FC Porto, etc).. If you didn´t noticed that, then you should play the game first and then you can make stupid threads about konami.

Honestly, is the worst thread I´ve ever seen in this big forum.

Same could be said for reading the thread before posting comments

I wish some people would learn to fucking read, if you did you would understand what the thread is about!

What were saying is Konami say lost of bullshit sometimes. I mean they said they had a surprise, a licensed national team. Now we all know it was going to be England cos theirs was the only proper national kit in the 0_text in the beta version. But they must have fucked sumat up cos we never got it. BULLSHIT!

The ML is still wank, it has hardly been massively expanded has it? I mean it's just pure lazyiness and not listening to customers the reason why the ML is always crap. I mean I'm bored of it now tbh, hardly ever play it cos it's just totally useless and a small child could of thought out a better system. No-one can tell me their completley happy with the way it is at the moment. It's annoying cos it's a simple thing to fix, just add more structure! BULLSHIT!

Then saying they can't include more teams cos of data capacity :lol: This is the biggest bullshit ever! I mean they could fit all the data they use TWICE on a dvd. So capacity is not a issue, it's just a bullshit excuse to their lazyness. BULLSHIT!

These are things were talking about, yes it is a great game and I love it. But it needs big improvements in certain areas. The gameplay is awesome, I can't fault them here. But their attention to other aspects of the game is very poor. It would not be hard to implement a decent ML structure or more teams or real music instead of the gay tunes we have at the moment.

The game will never be perfect, but it can be alot better than it is!

mattster12 said:
The game will never be perfect, but it can be alot better than it is!

I know what you are saying, the aesthetics are awful but the gameplay is genius.

They could defo invest more time in getting it up to the standard of FIFA, if (and this is massive if) FIFA ever get the gameplay right then I will unashamedly walk into game and purchase my copy of FIFA.

Maybe the two design companys should merge and produce the best footy game ever!

Pro Evolution FIFA!!!

The thing thats most frustrating is they've done the hard part which is making amazing gameplay. All the other stuff is easy in comparison, they just need to spend a bit more cash and look outside the box a bit more.

I wish Fifa would master the gameplay side, but their the complete opposite. They concentrate on everything that Konami doesn't and their gameplay is awful (and yes I've played fifa 06)

Konami will always keep me aslong as they have the best gamplay as this is why I play a game. But I just want them to start using their heads a bit more instead of making stupid excuses for their inadequacies.

The Original Spikester said:

Dar & Marty Boy does.

lmao! i remember that. people used to actually do it, lol \\:o/ :lol:

Maybe Konami now are at a point where by the fan base is so big that they may have gotten a bit lazy.Their are so many things i would love to see them implement and change but it ain't gonna happen.For instance the game is now not just Playstation exclusive yet us PC PESSER'S have to put up with a port.If they utilized the power of today's graphic's cards and CPU's they would blow FIFA out of the water.They know they can't compete in terms of licensing etc. they know that the gameplay is the only thing that counts.

Back
Top Bottom