Konami it's time to listen - ***Big rant on the Master League** Massive post - Sorry!

Reply from Konami!

Well special thanks goes to Cragindood over at pesfan. He sent my post to Konami and they replied to him which he sent to me through pm last week - just thought I'd send it to you and keep you guys updated

From: Richard Churchill <cr.85552@konami.com>Add to Addressbook
To: <----------------->
CC:
Subject: re: Pro Evolution Soccer 6
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 12:01:38 -0000 View Headers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Craig,

Thank you for your email of improvements and suggestions for Pro Evolution Soccer 6. It is always good to receive constructive criticism from the players of our games.

I shall be forwarding the points raised in your email to our development team for their consideration.

Kind Regards,

Richie
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean but make up your own mind

Obviously agree with your post, it mentions everything I have a problem with except two things, one of which embrace already covered (SWOS-esque manager career). The other thing I'm not sure was quite highlighted is a distinct lack of space to put the teams in, you can't include anywhere near every club team in your ML game. You have to compromise by making 'Regional' leagues (such as the Greek teams in with the Italians, the French in with the Germans, etc).

It leads me onto another point which is linked to the ML - the amount of club teams in the game. There is no reason Konami can't do what SWOS did and have every club side in world football in their game, albeit with fake names. Why do we get this trickle of new clubs added every 12 months? It's not even as if they can say they're aiming for a completely licensed game and inserting these teams this would hinder them, the new clubs they introduce are often not licensed anyway (Shakhtar, Sao Paulo, etc). Not only do we get an abysmal supply of new teams, they're also usually put in at the expense of other teams!

If they went down this road, they could have a similar-styled career mode to SWOS, but it just doesn't seem to be on the agenda, and that is a depressing thought. Does anyone else remember how many versions it took them to insert action replays? I remember shouting at mates and having them shout at me "Don't press the button I want to see this shot!", everytime the game was gracious enough to show a replay. If it took them that long to sort replays, there isn't much hope to be held out for such a drastic overhaul of a mainstay in the series.

btw, is it just me or is ML a piece of piss? I never ever get near running out of money, and that is even after spedning the max amount possible on big-name transfers.

ClassicD said:
Obviously agree with your post, it mentions everything I have a problem with except two things, one of which embrace already covered (SWOS-esque manager career). The other thing I'm not sure was quite highlighted is a distinct lack of space to put the teams in, you can't include anywhere near every club team in your ML game. You have to compromise by making 'Regional' leagues (such as the Greek teams in with the Italians, the French in with the Germans, etc).

It leads me onto another point which is linked to the ML - the amount of club teams in the game. There is no reason Konami can't do what SWOS did and have every club side in world football in their game, albeit with fake names. Why do we get this trickle of new clubs added every 12 months? It's not even as if they can say they're aiming for a completely licensed game and inserting these teams this would hinder them, the new clubs they introduce are often not licensed anyway (Shakhtar, Sao Paulo, etc). Not only do we get an abysmal supply of new teams, they're also usually put in at the expense of other teams!

If they went down this road, they could have a similar-styled career mode to SWOS, but it just doesn't seem to be on the agenda, and that is a depressing thought. Does anyone else remember how many versions it took them to insert action replays? I remember shouting at mates and having them shout at me "Don't press the button I want to see this shot!", everytime the game was gracious enough to show a replay. If it took them that long to sort replays, there isn't much hope to be held out for such a drastic overhaul of a mainstay in the series.

btw, is it just me or is ML a piece of piss? I never ever get near running out of money, and that is even after spedning the max amount possible on big-name transfers.

Hi Classic,

that is probably one of the silliset things Konami has ever done IMO (well along with animal heads!). Even if they insisted on about 40% of the clubs in the game not being available in the ML - e.g. they kept the same league structure, is it beyond the bounds of possibility for 2 new teams to be inserted into each league from the pool of remaining teams

for example..

In div 2 the bottom team gets replaced and in the other 4 Div 1 leagues, the bottom 2 get swopped. So if youre playing in a Serie A league, in the Spanish league 15th placed Sevilla and 16th Ath Bilbao, are replaced by Getafe and Espanyol from the pool.

At least that way ALL clubs can play in the ML rather than the closed shop arrangement at present.

db

Another idea for an improved EXP system could be new ways of increasing stats that dont normally increase.
For example maybe consistantly getting high post match ratings could result in an increase in consistancy or even a drop depending on how bad they're doing.
Or using your weaker foot more often could result in an increase in your weak foot accuracy.

The ML is basically a 1 season mode that goes in cycles. They should maybe include a real life calendar like manager games and have a properfixture list and transfer period which makes the game feel less repetative and a lot less boring.
Its kind of annoying looking at that very basic calendar/fixture list and then having to go through it all again the next season.

hi runeedge,

taking your idea on a stage further, dont you think your actual results should have a far greater effect on the performance of the team. e.g. a team on a winning streak should have a better level of teamwork and vice versa if theyve been getting a few drubbings.

this sort of comes back to the SWOS hiring/firing situation, apart from the game being over if u run out of money, there are now tangible goals e.g. manage wba objective keep them in the premiership, manage liverpool challenge for honours.

it could even be as simple as whenn the game begins getting say 3 random job offers with differnt contract lengths - perhaps Fiorentina, Hannover and Den Haag - each offering a variation on what constitutes success

db

I like the carreer mode of fifa.. That's the only thing I like.. I think more peaple like PES if you can do negeotions in the League mode..!

Babi said:
I like the carreer mode of fifa.. That's the only thing I like.. I think more peaple like PES if you can do negeotions in the League mode..!

Hi Babi,

Can you explain about more what the career mode is all about ?

dont you start as a 17 year old or something ?

I suppose Konami were after something slightly similar with their 'Libero Grande' 1 player idea, although tbh, i've never really ever played much with that mode

db

It's funny, Nokami apply the card/suspension rules in League mode, but go for a weak interpretation in the ML.
I'd like to see a straight red get, perhaps a 3 game ban (not just one). Likewise, an accumilation of several (5?) yellows will see a ban of a couple of games, for example.
I argue this because i get carded far more than i get injuries. When i get neither, i always have a full squad to choose from (apart from the odd International duty rubbish).
Imagine your star striker or midfield general suspended for 3 games, missing crunch ties in the process. Superb! :)

Back
Top Bottom