Kopanito All-Stars Soccer

*aLe

World Cup Winner
30 August 2005
Lombardia
NOT Lombardia NA.
Long story short: I bought this indie game several months ago, I played it for a while (having some fun), then got a little frustrated with it and I just put it down waiting for better times.

Now it's so discounted on Steam, and well... I wish I hadn't bought it back then, so I could buy it now for the equivalent of a cup of coffee or two:

Jokes aside, for that price I think it's almost a must-have.

The game isn't bad at all (maybe a little frustrating as it's not that easy to master, as I said earlier). It kinda feels to me like it's the "spiritual successor" of Nintendo World Cup (which was my very first football game): cartoonish characters, power-ups and special shots, no fouls of any kind. If you're looking for something a little over-the-top, consider it because it might aswell be what you're looking for.
Pulling off a good curled shot which kisses the post and then goes in is a little moment of joy... And this game even features pretty good goalnet physics (I know there are some fetishists in here: this game has you covered).

!!!ALERT!!! I've heard people who played the early access say that it used to be better (in terms of freedom) during the early access, and that now many things have been made easier... But it's not that easy, at least for me. IIRC, there's also the chance to have everything set on manual.

Here's a review with some gameplay:

Here's the Steam Community page with some pieces of gameplay (mainly showcasing the special moves):
https://steamcommunity.com/app/399820

Here's the site, by the way:
https://www.kopanitosoccer.com/

I'll try to pick this up again soon and maybe post a couple of videos myself. :)

Last edited:
Some other goals I scored/conceded (a diving header and two special skill goals):

4BvtqPd.gif

i9yfW4u.gif

jPoep0H.gif

No way, the "magnet" skill is barely legal.

How to miss an absolute sitter... With half of the opponent team ruled out!

The more I play, the more I find new creative ways to use the special moves, the more I like this game.
That Magnet thingy against me for one time and I’d be out. :D
Na, this ain’t my kind of football game.
Reminded me a bit of World Cup from the Gameboy.

Reminded me a bit of World Cup from the Gameboy.
You're absolutely right and this is probably the reason that made me decide to buy it back when it got released:
It kinda feels to me like it's the "spiritual successor" of Nintendo World Cup (which was my very first football game): cartoonish characters, power-ups and special shots, no fouls of any kind.
I loved Nintendo World Cup and I still see much of it in this game.
Special shots, no referee, the chance to tackle the opponents with or without the ball on purpose and always get away with it... These are all things that were present in that game.
Well, they're also used in a different way: the special shot is the same for all teams (while in NWC it varied from team to team for example), opponents tackled here get back on their feet and if possible will try to retaliate (while in NWC they'd stay down until the ball would end out of play), special moves are triggered with a "skill meter" and there's more of them... But the essence is the same.

About the magnet thing, yes, it's evil. I've had people do this to me a couple of times online and I was about to ragequit too, but the good thing is... It's a level playing ground. What opponents can do to you, you can do to them. It's not like someone is at an advantage, and when you get more power-ups than your opponent it means that you've been playing better (so to make the "skill meter" fill faster).

All of this while being blatantly over the top (which is the thing I like the most).

Back
Top Bottom