L.A. Noire

Playing games on release day is unnecessary to me. You never really get a full appreciation for the game until you play it for a bit on a couple of different days. Perhaps it's just me but i have to settle into the game, it's difficult to fully immerse yourself into the game on release day.

Unless it's an FPS anyway. You can basically go through most of the campaigns of those on day 1, with the exception of a few (Half Life 2 for instance).

I'm enjoying the game but I'm probably going to let my partner to all the driving from now. The city is dead, no atmosphere at all, just like Mafia 2.

Almost all films are hidden in places you never go during missions.
Some were under bridges, others are on top of buildings, this is not serious.
If teleportation was not possible, I would have ignore the achievement.

I'm enjoying the game but I'm probably going to let my partner to all the driving from now. The city is dead, no atmosphere at all, just like Mafia 2.

Agreed but I personally thought that it was even more dead than Mafia 2.

The cases definitely get much better later on. Some of them really suck you in. I just completed the
Black Dahlia one and really enjoyed it

Haven't played this in a good few days now, just too repetitive and get the feeling that I've already seen and done it all.

Another game which looks great and i wouldn't mind buying but i just can't be arsed.

It's it essential to buy? is it really that good, because i was wowed by the facial animations!

It's quite a serious game, so you need to be in the right mind set to play it. I found the beginning quite repetitive and boring, but once I reached a certain stage, it started to get very good and makes me want to keep playing.

I'm enjoying it a lot! Love the constant referings to cultural and social things of that era, from the "Intolerance" set to the Black Dalia case, which was absolutely brilliant in my oppinion.

The way that some things are constructed through different cases is brilliant. I don't mind at all a "almost dead" city. I focus on the cases and the story. That's what I expected from the game and I'm being totally rewarded in that sense.

Oh, and...
I found the "repetitiveness" of the Dahlia cases absolutely entertaining. You know you're being framed and you have doubts on the people you're putting to prison. It's a slow crescendo and you practically expect the next case to be almost identical to the last one. I enjoyed it a lot.

I'm just doing free roam now having finished the main game.

21/21 Cases
92/95 Cars
30/30 Landmarks
0/50 Film Reels
25/40 Street Crimes
13/13 Newspapers

Think I'm about 88% done according to the social club stats.

It's quite a serious game, so you need to be in the right mind set to play it. I found the beginning quite repetitive and boring, but once I reached a certain stage, it started to get very good and makes me want to keep playing.

oh ok, might still buy it one day!

It's worth buying for one play through, but once you complete the main story it really isn't worth going back to until DLC.

Less cases, a bit of variety, more and diverse side action and a smaller but lively city and it would have been a great game.

5773883032_0b2a099ecc_z.jpg

I'd say it's an 8 if just looked at objectively, but a 9 for me as far as enjoying the experience was concerned. As I thought, it really does have the potential and quality of execution to become the most important game of the past five years.

Really enjoyed it. It carried the whole atmosphere and tension extremely well. It's so gratifying playing a game this ambitious and grown-up. I can see what someone meant about this being like AC1 and the next title should benefit a pot from the learning experience of making this particular title, but I did enjoy this far more than AC1 because the story and acting was right up there.

Rockstar Pass goes live, features LA Noire pre-order DLC

Rockstar’s quietly launched the Rockstar Pass onto Xbox Live Marketplace, despite promising more details on the service this week.

The pass, which features all of the case missions and suits that were available as part of pre-order incentives for retailers in the US and UK, comes in at 108Kb. It’s all yours for 800 MS points.

We assume it’ll arrive on PS3 when the PS Store returns.

"The L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass includes all the following: The Broderick Detective Suit, The Sharpshooter Detective Suit, The Badge Pursuit Challenge & Button Man Suit, "The Naked City" Vice Case, "A Slip Of The Tongue" Traffic Case, "Nicholson Electroplating" Arson Case and "Reefer Madness" Vice Case. Individual items will become available to download when released."

I don't get it, do we get all this DLC with the online pass or do we have to pay again?

You get access to all pre-order items once available. For the new cases I don't know.

Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), and Team Bondi Pty. Ltd. are pleased to announce downloadable content plans for the blockbuster crime thriller, L.A. Noire. Several standalone cases, collectibles and challenges will be released in the coming months on the PlayStation®Network for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network.

“With its blend of real crime influences and noir atmosphere, L.A. Noire contains boundless potential for new stories and new cases,” said Sam Houser, founder of Rockstar Games. “The four new cases are strong standalone stories that sit perfectly alongside the main game.”

Starting today in North America and Europe, players can purchase the L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass, a new way to pre-order DLC, which gives players access to all seven paid DLC. The Rockstar Pass is available for a limited-time price of $10.00 (PlayStation Network) / 800 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE)—a 50% discount compared to purchasing the DLC content individually. Once purchased, the Rockstar Pass enables gamers to download all the announced DLC for free as it becomes available on the PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE, which totals four unique cases, two detective suits and a collectible challenge. Xbox 360 Achievements and PlayStation Trophies will be available in each of the four cases.

All seven pre-order DLC options will be available to purchase from Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network starting today with The Badge Pursuit Challenge and the Sharpshooter/ Broderick detective suits to download for $2.00/160 Microsoft Points and $1.00/80 Microsoft Points, respectively. “The Naked City” Vice case and “A Slip of the Tongue” Traffic case are also launching today. Both cases will each be priced at $4.00 (PlayStation Network) / 320 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE).

Two brand new cases, the “Nicholson Electroplating” Arson case (June 21, 2011) and the “Reefer Madness” Vice case (July 12, 2011), will also be available for download later this summer, each priced at $4.00 (PlayStation Network) / 320 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE). Inspired both by famous noir fiction and real-life crimes taken straight from the headlines, these downloadable cases will provide unique experiences for players independent of the game’s primary storyline. All of the DLC will be available for purchase through the L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass, priced after the limited discount period at $12.00 (PlayStation Network) / 960 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE)—a 40% discount off individual DLC pricing.

As a token of thanks to fans, members of the Rockstar Social Club will also receive a free download of the Chicago Lightning Detective Suit. In addition, Rockstar will unlock the Chicago Piano machine gun for free to all players via the PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE. Both are available now. Registration to join the Social Club is free of charge and can be accessed at http://socialclub.rockstargames.com.

· Chicago Lightning Detective Suit (Social Club only) – May 17;
· L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass (limited-time discount price) – May 31;
· “The Naked City” DLC case – May 31;
· “A Slip of The Tongue” DLC case – May 31;
· Broderick Detective Suit and Gun – May 31;
· Sharpshooter Detective Suit and Gun – May 31;
· The Badge Pursuit Challenge – May 31;
· Chicago Piano Machine Gun (free community unlock) – May 31;
· L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass (standard price) – June 14;
· “Nicholson Electroplating Disaster” DLC case – June 21;
· “Reefer Madness” DLC case – July 12.

Last edited: