L.A. Noire

It's good, but don't you feel it would be nice if there were more detective work? It feels like the game is holding your hand too much. I would love to "get stuck" and really have to think hard to get moving in the case, like in adventure games. Still, it's a good game.

Don't believe so. It's the same outcome it just takes longer to get there depending on the decisions you make. It's not multi-outcome like Heavy Rain was. Even then that was the same ending.

Heavy Rain had different endings depending on decisions you made.

Getting this today, can't wait.

It's good, but don't you feel it would be nice if there were more detective work? It feels like the game is holding your hand too much. I would love to "get stuck" and really have to think hard to get moving in the case, like in adventure games. Still, it's a good game.

Doesn't it get harder if you turn off all the assist? Like the vibrating when near an object and such.

Wish We had post delivery on saturdays here in Sweden. I'll have to wait untill monday :/

Yeah it seems really weird moving here from England and finding there's no post on Saturday's, I'm also waiting until next week, was hoping Witcher 2 would be here yesterday as it was posted the 16th from England but guess that'll be Monday at the earliest now.

Yeah it seems really weird moving here from England and finding there's no post on Saturday's, I'm also waiting until next week, was hoping Witcher 2 would be here yesterday as it was posted the 16th from England but guess that'll be Monday at the earliest now.

Just out of curiosity, how come you order from England when you live in Sweden? Doesn't it take longer?

Longer but a phenomenal amount cheaper, LA Noire cost me 441Kr inc delivery Witcher 2 Premium Edition cost me 245kr inc free delivery :) I rarely buy anything from Sweden these days, especially not things like games, electrical items or fishing tackle, even just bought a blackout curtain + curtain rail for the bedroom delivered from the UK :) If you shop around you can get great deals, I bought two Dunlop mountain bikes plus a bunch of clothes and shoes (total order worth nearly 9,000Kr but only cost around 4,000kr in their sales) and delivery only cost 200Kr with DHL from Sportsdirect.com the mountain bikes were something like 700Kr and 900Kr which just can't be matched over here :)

Last edited:
Longer but a phenomenal amount cheaper, LA Noire cost me 441Kr inc delivery Witcher 2 Premium Edition cost me 245kr inc free delivery :) I rarely buy anything from Sweden these days, especially not things like games, electrical items or fishing tackle, even just bought a blackout curtain + curtain rail for the bedroom delivered from the UK :) If you shop around you can get great deals, I bought two Dunlop mountain bikes plus a bunch of clothes and shoes (total order worth nearly 9,000Kr but only cost around 4,000kr in their sales) and delivery only cost 200Kr with DHL from Sportsdirect.com the mountain bikes were something like 700Kr and 900Kr which just can't be matched over here :)

Wow, had no idea. I think I'll be ordering from England in the future :)

Yes, I agree with this, though the later cases I played involved a little bit more of thinking. We would love it a lot more complex and "unassisted". But let's be honest, we will never have a game like this. It wouldn't appeal to the masses, unfortunately.

I rate the game for what it is. And I'm enjoying it a lot. Surely if it was a little more "free" regarding investigation it would be an instant classic.

Played a few hours today and it's a very nice game. Not sure it's worth all the hype but still very good. I like that each casse is broken down so it keeps you playing just to finish the end of that case.

Could maybe do with more shooting moments and fighting, seems to be a lot of chasing people before they take a hostage etc.

I have been playing with all assists off and never use intuition points. And even then the first 4-5 cases are very easy. I've heard it gets tougher later on. Waiting for it!

By the way, I can't know when they're telling the truth or lying. I'm quite bad at it. I may have only a 60% of success in interrogations. But in the tougher ones I'm good, hehe.

Look for the eyes rolling around and not staring at your character, it's a very good indicator of lying. Not fool proof but always a good sign to look for.

Just found out I need Xbox-live to get the extra mission, the naked city. That means I've bought something I can never use. It didn't say anything about this Where I pre-ordered. Same thing with the update. Unless you pay for Live you will have a broken game.

Why would you not have live? It's crazy cheap and offers an excellent service :) Worst case get yourself a 7 day gold for a couple of euros and you can download the DLC :) And you don't need to pay for Live to get the update, they come free for silver users as well (or you can download them from websites and install via usb flash-drive).

Why would you not have live? It's crazy cheap and offers an excellent service :) Worst case get yourself a 7 day gold for a couple of euros and you can download the DLC :) And you don't need to pay for Live to get the update, they come free for silver users as well (or you can download them from websites and install via usb flash-drive).

I would if I could. We have a mobile broadband, that USB stuff :) So I can't connect to Live.
Guess I could bring it to my parents house and download it there.

i rented it and played it a lot last nite. A bit repetitive for my taste.

I'd say 7.5 in my book from the first few hours.

Lacks of humour, action and interesting main characters.

I kinda like the game, but it is nowhere near as amazing as people make out. It's a 6 or 7 out of 10.

The city they have created is very good, faces obviously great but there is alot missing from it being a great game IMO.

I am probably half way through disc 2, and not really enjoying playing it anymore. It is all too repetitive and boring. I am playing it to see the ending and twists.

Heavy rain was much, much better than this.

I'm a little worried about this repetetive aspect. I've seen a lot of people complaining about this. What is the main gripe? Are there not any variation in the cases at all? You would want to feel that it gets harder when you advance in rank.

I'm a little worried about this repetetive aspect. I've seen a lot of people complaining about this. What is the main gripe? Are there not any variation in the cases at all? You would want to feel that it gets harder when you advance in rank.

You press "A" on objects,drive to all the places needed, then do interrogations. Same old, same old

I dont agree that its a 6 or 7. In my opinion its easily worth an 8 perhaps even more. But its certainly not justified by all the hype its received.

It's not about the gameplay.
I loved how the homicide story was built. Great atmosphere.

I'm surprise that people complain about the "go there and do that".
How is it with other games of the genre ? It's the exact same thing !

Back
Top Bottom