L.A. Noire

What a stupid statement. So those that bought the game at launch 'don't value their money'?

I bought the game for £31.99 and to me its worth every penny and i'm sure many others here will think the same
I stand by it.

As romagnoli mentions, it's people like you who buy these games at full price on release that make it possible for me to save so much money by being a bit more patient :).
How can you say you value your money if you're going to spend £30+ on something that will be going for £5-10 for the EXACT SAME product, that doesn't diminish in ANY way if you wait. To me that's either impatience or not valuing money.

Maybe the bit you bolded was a tad harsh (not stupid), but the rest of my post was correct and that's impossible to argue with as they are facts.

Last edited by a moderator:
But that about the price could be said about any other game, about the clothes you wear, your console, your furniture at home... I think the right price is the price you are willing to pay. I'm sure you may have payed for a lot of games that I would never buy or buy second hand. Ultimately, it's a matter of different tastes.

Last edited:
I remember when this thread was about a game...

Really enjoying it so far, just got a promotion and am working with a guy who hates me and life. I may push the fat twat off a building, see how that affects the story

Think you and I could be at the same point CW.

Really enjoying the game but christ am I crap at the questioning!

0 replay value...so i think renting it was a good idea! even if i am not really motivated to go on.

Let's be honest, the game pretty much plays itself.

Well I'm going to play it again because I missed loads of stuff.

On another note I don't think anyone on my friends list has found a film reel. Where the hell are they?

Last edited:
jaygrim finished already :(

I am sure there will be DLC with new cases etc.

I am stuck at the moment trying to get across a bloody plank of wood. I can't balance!

Well I'm going to play it again because I missed loads of stuff.

On another note I don't think anyone on my friends list has found a film reel. Where the hell are they?

Yeah I can't find any at all. Got quite a few cars, though. 52 or so I think.

I've also been promoted to Vice, so will have a crack at that later.

Hopefully they can come up with a DLC that takes advantage of the size and scope of the gameworld to do some free roam type missions similar to how Mafia 2 did it.

Replay value means nothing to me except for games without stories. Some of the best games I've ever played have low replay value - Riddick, Uncharted, God of War etc... when I finish a game, that's it. I'm done with it. I'm happy to pay £30 if I get an experience out of it.

This game has incredible acting and face recognition, and the detail is quite amazing. The cases have depth and are well thought out - to me, this alone warrants my money because they actually focused on quality rather than rushing a generic game out.

Anyway, is there a way I can drive the secret cars I find without having to keep driving around? I've found some beautiful ones that I love (especially convertibles), but sometimes they disappear and I have to go find it again.

still renting it for a week is some 10/12 euro. No need to spend 50/60 imho. unless u resell it for good money or u really want to keep it.

Ultimately if it wasn't for the people buying these sorts of games at launch, then generic, unimaginative bullshit like CoD or annual sports titles would be the only types of game you would see on the market at the top end.

If it wasn't for the people who found plenty of value in titles like Ico or Shadow of the Colossus, then you wouldn't be able to buy The Last Guardian for a tenner a year or so after it comes out.

QFT.

i don't care about replay value. right now i have only less time for gaming, so i agree with milanista - once i finished the game i am done with it.
i am very interested in la noire, but according to the fact i have lack of time i will wait some weeks to get it maybe as a 2nd hand copy ;)

4 hrs or so in, 8 cases done ... and it's getting a bit repetitive now. It seems nobody tells the truth anymore so now it's a 50/50 between it being a doubt or a lie.

Also I've lost count of how many missions require you to chase someone. I'll stick with it because the stories themselves are fairly interesting but the gameplay itself isn't great really.

7.5/10 so far for me.

But that about the price could be said about any other game, about the clothes you wear, your console, your furniture at home... I think the right price is the price you are willing to pay. I'm sure you may have payed for a lot of games that I would never buy or buy second hand. Ultimately, it's a matter of different tastes.
I think the point I'm making isn't being understood correctly.

Clothes could depreciate over time as they go out of fashion, furniture doesn't seem like a relevant example to use as it could get damaged and defaced if it it were old/pre-owned. LA Noire will be identical in every way were it purchased today or in 12 months time. (Possibly with more content if any DLC is released and there is a "Game of the Year" edition) yet it would be a fraction of the price.

"Any other game" isn't really relevant either - think about (as mentioned previously) FIFA 08 - you can pick that up for £1 or less now, but it is very outdated with half of the features missing. Single player, purely offline games (such as LA Noire) don't suffer from this issue.

The console - I bought a 120gb Elite model for less than the basic version was going for on the launch of the Xbox 360, and I kind of feel like a fool now that there is a 250gb model going even cheaper than the one I bought.
I'll never buy a console on launch, and I'll never buy a 100% single player game on release date either.

Even if the game is worth £35 to you and you enjoy it, that's £25-30 you needn't have spent even if the game is to your taste.

Last edited by a moderator:
on line shopping? must be a swedish thing....we are culturally retarded in here, that's why we all go to retail stores...

Wendetta, its the same in most European countries. Games cost €60+. When I moved to the UK I realised that games are FAR cheaper here. I used to live in Italy and games costed far too much. You should try to order from play.com or someone that ships to Europe. I got my LA Noir for £30, which is around €35-€40.

Lol, thanks lads but the last time i bought a full priced retail game was on the PSx....second hand, on line shopping and a lot of rentals (best option for single players game that can be completed in a week)

My point was that I see LA noire more like a rental.

On the plus side my girlfriend enjoys it (second game in 3 years time living together she likes...).

There is something to be said for buying games on release day. The build up/hype that you read for months before, taking the day off work to play it.

Then taking to folk about it and the general excitement of a new game before it gets spoiled by exploiters and surpassed by the next best thing.

Fact is this game rocks right now and I am enjoying it greatly. Found my first shield too, though I think these my be like the pigeons in gta.

Back
Top Bottom