L.A. Noire

No I haven't but was curious how they were slotted in, it seems you can play them as standalone cases or they will slide into the traffic/vice case loads if you're not up to them yet, already found a couple of the badges from the badge finding game as well which is another reason to explore the city a bit more :)

Just finished it last night, have the traffic dlc case to do and some achievement stuff to do but basically finished it, loved it from start to finish, setting is great, all gameplay elements pretty much work really well, best thing about it obviously is the story it tells which was terrific and just felt like I was playing an Ellroy novel or some such, very deep story, perhaps the deepest story to a video game I've played and I loved how they connected everything together in the end from a start of having you wonder how it's related to you. Looking forward to the sequel which I'd guess we'll see in no more than 18-24 months, hopefully the next one will make the world more interactive/dynamic, for example when a patrolman you can see random crimes occur for example two drunks starting brawling, a purse being snatched or such and you have to resolve it as you feel appropriate.

^ Agreed.

I'm finished with it too. Did the Traffic Case DLC too. Got the Rockstar Pass so when the new DLC comes out, I'll download and play.

Personally I'd have liked each interview to involve twice as many questions, and for the interactivity to allow a bit more grey area. The piano riff it plays when you get an answer right/wrong was quite intrusive for me; I'd like to be able to switch that off, or, if you aren't sure whether to say 'lie' or 'doubt' you should be able to do one and then the other.

Still loved the game, mind. Will be interesting to see how Deus Ex's interrogation system will work out, it sounded pretty interesting.

Yeah some elements weren't perfect but I felt it was still significantly enjoyable, hopefully the interview and other systems will be refined for the sequel :)

I finished the game and have to say I enjoyed it a lot and the last hours were amazingly satisfying. I loved the omages to noir films (Third man at the end sequence...) and the pace of the narration. Suddenly everything clicks and there are some surprises too... I love the Phelps character and his arch.

If they do a sequel, I would only want them to feel more loose in the investigations. Let us do more work and not being hand-held all the time by the system. Do this and it will be a masterpiece.

Best game I've played this year up to now.

Great game. Loved the story.

How bad a detective am I though. I only just worked out that the negatives supplied in the box marked badge challenge are clues to the badge locations!

I am glad as I didn't want to YouTube them. Pity nothing similar for the film reels.

Tried downloading it (I bought the pass the day it was available) but keep getting some weird error message with an obscure error code, hoping it's just because it's too busy or some such (on 360) :(

Interesting to see if it looks much better on PC, would be far better for the PC community if RDR is the one they release but sadly it seems not.

Interesting to see if it looks much better on PC, would be far better for the PC community if RDR is the one they release but sadly it seems not.

Giving Rockstar's PC port reputation I wouldn't be suprised if it didn't look that much better.

I have completed the game on PS3 and if the PC version contains all the DLC and does have better graphics which it really should have I will purchase it again.

As LA Noire really did look pants in parts and in certain parts of the game have really bad noticable frame rates drops which a PC should rectify.

Last edited:
I haven't noticed any FPS issues with the 360 version and thought it looked ok for an open world game but expect the PC version (if done properly) to be a smidge sharper :)

I haven't noticed any FPS issues with the 360 version and thought it looked ok for an open world game but expect the PC version (if done properly) to be a smidge sharper :)

Probably just the PS3 version happened quite often at crime scenes when there was alot on the screen.

But hopefully it will look as good as Mafia 2 on the PC.

Just got this....was it good or LA bore as i heard others refer to it....I tried alan wake recently but got bored fast I wonder if this is similar?

You will either enjoy it or hate it.

The story makes you carry on playing it more than anything but overall it is a very repetitive above average game.

Back
Top Bottom