L.A. Noire

This is totally worthwhile playing till the end IMO.

Can be repetitive at times, but Rockstar's attention to details, atmosphere and amazing lip sync technology makes it an excellent game I must say. Definitely above average and more.

No spoilers here, but the final is epic. Play it till the end, you won't regret it.

Ok i might give it a go then....funnily gfx seem worse than GTA4 but maybe its just LA not as epic as NY saying that i Only played for 5mins...and on PC, seems like GTA SA in HD

I think it's deliberately styled in lighting and such to have a faux noir styling so it's a little unfair to compare it to a game set in a modern genre, I certainly think is has a real visual panache that is second to none :)

I've been wanting to try this out after I finish GTA and RDR. I also wanted to try out Mafia 2.

Is this one more of a crime solving game or is it similar'ish to GTA in what you do during missions? Sort of? lol

no run and gun? so its like heavy rain or broken sowrd kinda but in an open world.

DOnt know if anyone else recalls as i cant even remember the name but it must be early 1990s there was a game for atari/spectrum that was like broken sword adventure game but you were detective i think? Anyone recall this game? Was amazing...

There are action missions where you have to do a car chase or shoot out etc

Hmm there've been a few cop adventure games over the years, nowhere near enough for my liking personally, the Police Quest series is about the best, the 4th one Open Season was from the 90s and was visually the best of the series:

http://www.forceforgood.co.uk/reviewpage.php?selected=1093

41601.jpg

There are action missions where you have to do a car chase or shoot out etc

Hmm there've been a few cop adventure games over the years, nowhere near enough for my liking personally, the Police Quest series is about the best, the 4th one Open Season was from the 90s and was visually the best of the series:

http://www.forceforgood.co.uk/reviewpage.php?selected=1093

41601.jpg

it wasnt a police game i was on about. I dont even know if you were a dective or not lol maybe u just investigated stuff was out in about 1990...great game it was as well.

I loved the old games like Police Quest. But you needed to know what you were doing. As a 12/13 year old I got stuck on a section where you pull over a drunk guy in a car. You had type "Issue DUI" to move on but how the hell did I know that lol.

No internet forums or walkthroughs around in those days :P

Just picked it up on Amazon (not Steam) and the friggin thing doesn't work after you patch it. Have scoured the internet and it seems a known problem, but Rockstar just don't give a crap.

Patch is mandatory too. Am trying to get my moolah back from Amazon.

The repetition and linearity may be too much for your (as I perceive it) preference in gaming, I've only seen elements of HR with it not being a 360 game but I don't see the two as very similar TBH.

The repetition and linearity may be too much for your (as I perceive it) preference in gaming, I've only seen elements of HR with it not being a 360 game but I don't see the two as very similar TBH.

MM its like broken sword type games or not even that complex..?

Just picked it up on Amazon (not Steam) and the friggin thing doesn't work after you patch it. Have scoured the internet and it seems a known problem, but Rockstar just don't give a crap.

Patch is mandatory too. Am trying to get my moolah back from Amazon.

It doesnt work how? need more info :P

You could try activating the game through Steam? enter the activation key and it'll add it to your steam account...

It doesnt work how? need more info :P

You could try activating the game through Steam? enter the activation key and it'll add it to your steam account...

Interesting, maybe I'll try that.

Basically you install it, and it loads the first time, then it forces you to load the patch. Once you have the patch it 'restarts' but it'll never get out of Windows again.

Have read up on it, there are dozens of cases reported. The latest patch broke something, and because Bondi is gone and Rockstar are focused on other things, the PC version is left to rot, apparently.

Recently finished this brilliant game on PC.Yes it's too linear and scripted but at the same it is a unique videogaming experience.It's nice to have games that present something different from the general mass we consume each year (sports games, fps,tps,rpg....).
It's been said before and I'll say it again, the facial animations and the emotion displayed by the characters are the best on videogames

I just can't seem to get over the fact that an -almost- 10 year old game had better facial expressions and motion capture than today games.
I would totally be down for a LA NOIRE 4K Remaster for PC, if not a sequel.

Back
Top Bottom