La Liga - this weekend

What's wrong with Real Madrid? Why do they always have players sent off? Zidane has been sent off before earlier this season, hasn't he?

ohhhh

i'm still amazed by barça's game

wow

can anyone in earth stop ronaldinho?

youd fancy barca to win la liga if they had a couple of more games left there on fire! since they got davids they have been a different side i think its let ronaldiho have more freedom!?

jamie_mack said:
youd fancy barca to win la liga if they had a couple of more games left there on fire! since they got davids they have been a different side i think its let ronaldiho have more freedom!?

Davids :-&

Ronaldinho is definately the best player in the world right now. No one can touch him. I watched the whole game and apart from his amazing skills, i dont think i saw them tackle him once! The only times he lost the ball was when he cocked up his first touch!

And right at the end when two players went to dive in on him he jumped out the way and they tackled each other! AWESOME!!! :mrgreen:

Ronaldinho.gif

Yeah I think Ronaldinho is the best player in the world atm
Him and Davids have turned Barca around.

I wish he went to Man U though so we could see more of him

I really don't mean to stir anything up here, but if you look at the difference in technical ability in the Premiership/La Liga/Serie A, and the type of refereeing in each league, it's not difficult to see why a player like Ronaldinho would choose not to go to England. In Spain and Italy, shirt tugging is an automatic booking for example, and 50/50 slide tackling is practically outlawed in some cases. Someone who loves to dribble and showboat will be more suited to that kind of league than the Premiership, where he would probably be on his backside about 10 times more each game due to the way it's refereed.

ClassicD said:
I really don't mean to stir anything up here, but if you look at the difference in technical ability in the Premiership/La Liga/Serie A, and the type of refereeing in each league, it's not difficult to see why a player like Ronaldinho would choose not to go to England. In Spain and Italy, shirt tugging is an automatic booking for example, and 50/50 slide tackling is practically outlawed in some cases. Someone who loves to dribble and showboat will be more suited to that kind of league than the Premiership, where he would probably be on his backside about 10 times more each game due to the way it's refereed.

In other words hes a pussy

No, he is choosing to play in a league which encourages technical ability rather than a good old fashioned 50/50, which btw I believe there is nothing wrong with. Like I said I'm not trying to stir up the old which league is best argument (a look at the CL finalists over the past few years will tell you that), in fact this type of refereeing also has negatives such as players diving far more often.

Again, not trying to stir, but look at the national teams of Spain, Italy and England - England are the least technically gifted of the 3 nations.

How many times have you heard commentators remark on the difference in refereeing in the Premiership and the CL? The CL is more in line with Spain and Italy than England.

Refereeing is shit in every league but at least ours dont give so many fouls for diving then rolling around several times

thats the only thing that pisses me off about spanish football

He choose the league so he could play in the team of his childhood heroes, like Romario.

Ronadhino is on fire. EVery time I see a highlight he is doing something evil. It just doesnt seem right. LOL. The man is a sickness and gotta be the frontrunner for the next FIFA player of the year.

Does anyone know that quote he had about Beckham being pretty and him being ugly, but that God made everyone beautiful in different ways?? It was classic stuff, and I'd love for anyone to post the source over here.

Notice the simultaneous rise in success of Barca and the demise of Juventus upon the Davids transfer?? Interesting stuff. . ..

18/06/2003 Ronaldinho
"Beckham is good-looking and I am ugly but everyone has got a different kind of beauty.
I admire Beckham - I don't think he just sells T-shirts. I am only interested in what he can do on the pitch."

Not sure on the actual source, but that's all he said.

FD

ClassicD said:
No, he is choosing to play in a league which encourages technical ability rather than a good old fashioned 50/50, which btw I believe there is nothing wrong with. Like I said I'm not trying to stir up the old which league is best argument (a look at the CL finalists over the past few years will tell you that), in fact this type of refereeing also has negatives such as players diving far more often.

Again, not trying to stir, but look at the national teams of Spain, Italy and England - England are the least technically gifted of the 3 nations.

How many times have you heard commentators remark on the difference in refereeing in the Premiership and the CL? The CL is more in line with Spain and Italy than England.

i agree with you all the way. ronaldinho would have no problems in the premier league. first of all you have a lot of space due to teams going forward all the time and rarely are the two defensive mids covering the back line. an example would be chelsea, strong defensively in england but in europe their back 4 were exposed time and time again by monaco. as for ronaldinho's toughness, when i use to watch him with gremio, the brazilian defenders would try to take his legs off because they did not want him to embarass them. there were many matches where i felt his career was going to end through injury. if you think the premier league is brutal, check out the argentine and brazilan matches.

by the way why does everyone get upset with the diving in england but they never frown at the shirt tugging or the elbows. cheating is cheating, but it amazes me how some can be more admirable.

didnt chelsea have the best defensive record this year in CL also since when has shirt tugging and elbowing been ok in the prem leauge?

Barcelona losing :shock: great result for vigo should keep them safe now and another loss for madrid, didnt think either barca or real played that bad and controlled most of the game but didnt get anything out of it i thought madrid would have tried that bit harder knowing a win would still give them a chance for the league!

That was a major blow, as I wanted Barça to winn the league :(

But I know it was almost impossible... A CL place for next season will do it for me, I wanna see Ronaldinho playing CL football!

Now Valencia will only screw things up if they want to.

ClassicD said:
Yes, I think it's Real on Saturday and Barca away to Santander on Sunday :).

Real away at Racing(i think) Sunday

Followed by

Barca away at Mallorca(i think)

It Deportivo on Saturday!

:mrgreen:

Saturday 28 August
La Liga ? Espanyol v Deportivo La Coruña 8.00pm
Sky Sports Xtra

Sunday 29 August
La Liga ? Real Mallorca v Real Madrid 6.30pm
Sky Sports 1
La Liga ? Racing Santander v Barcelona 8.30pm