La Liga - this weekend

denirobob

IBERIAN PRIMERA
28 June 2002
Henley, Oxfordshire
Hi Lads,

Anyone got any views on La Liga this weekend ?

Vigo vs Barca should be a cracker, esp as Van Gaal is hanging by a thread

Bob

ps -anyone see Eurosport are showing the French Cup tonight ? - PSG v Marseille

I think Celta will rip Barcelona apart. I just can't see Barca winning this game (watch this Barca will hammer them). Van Gaal is losing it big time, I mean to say he isn't even playing Saviola, which is so weird. :roll:

Van Gaal can't expect anything less than a swift boot up the arse on his way out the door at Nou Camp, he's refusing to start Saviola and Riquelme, two of the best up and coming players in world football.

superdave said:
Did you see Silvinhos' goal!!!!!!!! :shock:

It was a fucking outstanding goal, the best i've seen this season.

He also done a similier goal against Chelsea for Arsenal a couple of seasons ago.

re:

another superb game indeed. I almost felt sorry for Gaspart sitting in the stands as the defence just capitulated before his eyes.

I didnt watch much of Sociedad on sat as the PSG v Marseille game was electrifiying - anyone else catch it ?

bob

Re: re:

denirobob said:
another superb game indeed. I almost felt sorry for Gaspart sitting in the stands as the defence just capitulated before his eyes.

I didnt watch much of Sociedad on sat as the PSG v Marseille game was electrifiying - anyone else catch it ?

bob

Is that who Westerveld plays for now cos I heard he saved a penalty for the 2nd game in a row.....

Oh well at least the scousers have dudek :oops:

I tell you what Real Sociedad are going to take some stoping. The Nihat and Kovacevic partnership is fucking magnifecent.

Atletico Madrid 3 Barcelona 0!! :shock:

What the fuck is going on at Barcelona, they could get relegated.

Wow, i just saw the highlights of the Madrid-Espanyol and Barca-Athletico Madrid games. Carlos' and Figo's goals were absolutely amazing. And Barca!! 15th in the league!! 3 points from the relegation zone!! Oh dear. I need to get digital TV to watch these games in full. Which Sky Sports channel are they on? 1, 2 or 3?

The ones on Saturday night are normally on Sky Sports Extra. I'm pretty sure Sky Sports 1 has the Sunday ones.

The review show is on Thursday nights normally on SS1 again, I think, although I keep missing that one.

Whooo Osasuna!

2-0 up at Real Madrid at half time, goals from Valdo and Garcia.

Ronaldo injured and subbed off after 27 minutes

Soz mods, but i shouldn't have posted my hatred for Real in the Real Madrid thread..!

proximus said:
Whooo Osasuna!

2-0 up at Real Madrid at half time, goals from Valdo and Garcia.

Ronaldo injured and subbed off after 27 minutes

Soz mods, but i shouldn't have posted my hatred for Real in the Real Madrid thread..!

apology accepted, now dont do it again!

this week is very good till now , Barca won ,

madrid is down by 2-0 53'

:D

metallica said:
3-0 oh dear
More like fuckin' marvelous...

Anyone but Real for the title. Valencia will do, although i would've prefered Barca

Have Real won any domestic cups this season, or are they still in the running?

FROM SOCCERNET

Real Madrid 0-3 Osasuna: FT Report

MADRID, April 11 (Primera Liga) - David Beckham's troubles continued on Sunday night when Real Madrid suffered their first home defeat of the Spanish league season.

Madrid, knocked out of the Champions League by Monaco in midweek, were humbled 3-0 at the Bernabeu by mid-table Osasuna and lost top spot in the Primera Liga to Valencia.

Goals from Valmiro Valdo, Perez Pablo Garcia and Mohamed Moha sentenced Real to only their third home league defeat in four seasons on a miserable night for England captain Beckham, who was watched by his wife Victoria and son Brooklyn.

Beckham's pop star wife was at the game in a public show of support for her husband following new claims about his alleged infidelities. He is expected to make a statement on Monday following discussions with advisers.

It is understood Beckham will also then consider any potential legal action following a week-long series of allegations about his private life.

Rebecca Loos, the one-time PA of the former Manchester United star, gave a detailed account about her claims of an affair to a Sunday newspaper, while Malaysian-born Sarah Marbeck also alleged she had been involved with the father-of-two.

Valmiro Valdo gave Osasuna a shock lead in just the second minute, but Beckham, who missed the Monaco defeat through suspension, almost equalised with an outrageous lobbed shot in the 20th minute.

Seven minutes later he came off worse in a strong challenge with Moha and was clearly limping with a calf problem.

But he stayed on, with Real trailing 2-0 at the interval, and had two penalty appeals turned down in quick succession midway through the second half, while team-mate Zinedine Zidane had a goal controversially ruled out for offside.

Beckham saw one of his trademark free-kicks sail wide with 17 minutes remaining, but by then Real were losing 3-0 and well on their way to a shock defeat, which leaves them behind Valencia - 1-0 winners at Real Zaragoza - in the league table.-------------------------------------------------

It seems Real's luck with referees has run out ;)

poor real

valencia is the first now

and it'll be very difficult to cath 'em up

Back
Top Bottom