Lack of fouls (in PES and FIFA). I found one solution for PES2017

Please share your option file for PES 2018.

I'd like to test your experiments. Yes... I also want more fouls. Without them the game is totally useless mockery of the sport.

Try this, even if it's a bit "extreme" in tweakings... as i was trying to override the side effects of decreasing Player Reaction via Nesa Tool...
There is a huge increasing of Defensive prowess and decreasing of Lofted pass, and a massive difference between Goalkeepers Defenders and Forwards overall...
Anyway, except for my team "Las Palmas" and all Goalkeepers, all players have "The Destroyer" in player style, so you should notice an increasing of fouls.
Please let me know!

http://www17.zippyshare.com/v/cDLEVfSD/file.html

Thanks man. I will test them tomorrow as soon as I get back home.
Ok mate, but consider that it's a very personal customization, all focused on the team i'm using at the moment ( Las Palmas )... and remember that all makes sense in my own tastes and with all the mods and tools i use (nesa's tool with lowered reaction and speed, no shoot and long pass in "player abilities", changed formations in "Non possesion", Superstar level and 20 minutes games (maybe i have to increase the minutage as now the goal chances seems to be very very rare for that)
So if you want to test it with another team you should assign "The Destroyer" to all Las Palmas players and assign the real player-style (or your preferred one).

I updated the Edit file to a more "extremely" customizated one and now i feel my fgameplay almost perfect for fouls, game speed, atmosphere, tactics... but it's very personal... i really think the 95% of Pes players don't like it... there is a huge difference between styles and abilities between COM team players and mine, and i modify game by game the "non possession" formation of my against team.

I'm using Nesa's tool with Gameplay with 25700 speed (very slow for your habits, i'm sure) and 4,7 reaction.

I play only national teams at the moment. If I choose Germany, Argentina, Brazil and other top teams are some of the effects intact?

I play only national teams at the moment. If I choose Germany, Argentina, Brazil and other top teams are some of the effects intact?

My friend, it's a bit complicated to explain the whole changes, anyway as i told you : to get more CPU fouls i set "The destroyer" to all Against team players, and keep the players of my team (Las Palmas) with their original style.
In the file i posted you will find these setting, focused for Las Palmas.
So you should do the same with the team you want to use, resetting Las Palmas players style (ONLY PLAYERS STYLE AND SPECIAL ABILITIES, NO THE STATS, OR YOU WILL DO A MESS WITH PROPORTIONS.

A solution could be this: tell me wich team you want to use, and i try to set it, just avoiding misunderstandings

I always play with Argentina national team. If you could apply those changes to all national teams it'd be great. Cheers mate.

You remember me? I made some serious experiments to PES5 back in the day. I managed to get the game more realistic with global attribute tweaks.

I got the football game "kick" again and bought FIFA 15, 16, 17 and 18. Then I bought PES 2016, 2017 and 2018 for PC.

Guess what's in common with all these games?

Yeah... they have no fouls. WE9 and PES5 were amazing in this sense. You actually got 'em. Even PES6 was much worse and it has been a major issue with ALL football games ever since.

In real football there are 22-26 fouls per game (average), depending on the league.

I'm not suggesting that a football simulation should have that much (as the simulated halfs are shorter, like 15 mins (compared to 45 min real time). But there should be at least 10-15 fouls per game to feel realistic, imho. Most of them should happen in the midfield and be "relatively harmless" ones. But getting a free kick or two from a good position per game is just realism.

I played these games religiously for a week and found out that NONE of the gameplay patches that I tried had any effect on fouls. At least for me as I don't use the sliding tackle a lot.

PES 2018 is hopeless. Konami promised more fouls with 1.03 patch but it wasn't true. I didn't see much difference at all. FIFAs play really nice too... but they have no fouls, either. You can actually play a full game in PRO level and get ZERO fouls with 15 min halfs.

How difficult it would be to put a "referee strictness" slider there? I guess it won't happen. This is the mockery of the sport... not a simulation. Too bad as these new games play brilliantly.

As a die-hard PES fan I have to say that FIFA 2017 has the most potential to be a realistic simulation. PES 2017 and 2018 play great but there are way too many goals and the CPU comeback logic is too strong. You know what's going to happen when you have the lead in the final minute and CPU gets a corner. Yeah, they score. FIFA 2017 is like PES5 in the sense that you can even have 0-0 games. Won't happen in PES 2017 and 2018. But then again FIFA 17 has ZERO fouls, lol.

But you know what? I managed to increase them for PES 2017. I took PES Editor and adjusted all players' "Physical contact" to 99 and got a slight improvement. It also changed the gameplay to more aggressive.

Screenshot from an exhibition game against CPU, PRO difficulty.

BeLVZFM.jpg

I'm not saying I get this much fouls in EVERY game. But I do get them. And CPU gets yellows and even reds occasionally. That being said, I think the same adjustment would probably work for PES 2018 too.

Next I'm going to examine if I could increase them in FIFA 17.

These are just MY observations and opinions and I'd just want to have discussion about this. There's no way I can go back to PES5 and PES6 anymore. These are SO much better football games but with just one fundamental issue. Have you find any methods to increase fouls yourself? Discuss.

I got awarded my first penalty by setting the Physical contact to 99 on defenders. Thanks! Your suggestions really helped make the Ai significantly more aggressive tackles.

I got awarded my first penalty by setting the Physical contact to 99 on defenders. Thanks! Your suggestions really helped make the Ai significantly more aggressive tackles.
Please let us know if it happens again!
I tried that solution (99 Physical to all players), but after a first match with a lot of CPU Fouls then the gameplay has been normal in the following games

Please let us know if it happens again!
I tried that solution (99 Physical to all players), but after a first match with a lot of CPU Fouls then the gameplay has been normal in the following games

I'm consistently getting fouls awarded as long as the Ai opponents use aggressive pressure. I've noticed that lower league teams make significantly more wreckless tackles with 99 physical contact.

I tried to do the same for PES 2018 but for some reason I haven't been able to find a working global roster editor. The roster files needed to be encrypted / decrypted in PES 2017 too but it's now different on PES 2018.

Does anyone have roster files where these aggression settings (99 aggression for all the players) have already been implemented? I'd like to test them with PES 2018 too.

Hey, which was the last PES that had fouls and free kicks? I'd like to go back and experiment a little.

Haha. You could be right. So I don't even bother. FIFA 16 is the best new football game. I get 7-10 fouls per game (total). It's not nearly enough but at least it's something.

And because of the AI adjustments you make it play much more realistic than any new PES and the atmosphere is very "PES5-like". Sad but true. FIFA 17 and 18 have less fouls and don't play any better.

Haha. You could be right. So I don't even bother. FIFA 16 is the best new football game. I get 7-10 fouls per game (total). It's not nearly enough but at least it's something.

And because of the AI adjustments you make it play much more realistic than any new PES and the atmosphere is very "PES5-like". Sad but true. FIFA 17 and 18 have less fouls and don't play any better.

Just curious. Which adjustements did you do to Fifa 16 AI and how?
I like a lot of stuff of 16 but the way the cpu plays made it impossible to me to stick it longer than I did.

Just curious. Which adjustements did you do to Fifa 16 AI and how?
I like a lot of stuff of 16 but the way the cpu plays made it impossible to me to stick it longer than I did.

Believe me, it took me a lot of adjusting to get used to FIFA after playing PES religiously for over a decade. But I did. I'm planning to make a video of my gameplay. I managed to get it quite damn realistic and the games aren't scorefests. FOUR of my last 20 games have been 0-0 defensive affairs. Very few shots for each team. It almost feels just as great as back in the day with PES5. You can't describe the genuine football atmosphere... PES5 had that and in my opinion FIFA16 with correct settings have that too.

You have to WORK HARD for each goal and the shooting is pretty damn realistic.

This is the base where I started. I started with AllStar difficulty but realized that Legendary is the way to go because the AI is very stupid in lower difficulty levels and doesn't shoot enough.

If it feels too hard at first the easiest way to is to give yourself a goalie boost, speed boost and lower the USER shot error. When you get better just make things more equal.

These AI sliders is what make the difference. You can fine tune your game much more than you could with global roster tweaks (that I made for PES titles).

PS: Game Speed LOW, definitely.

AY6Wll.png

Last edited:
Just found this thread, some interesting chat!

This might have been discussed already but has anyone set their team as a 'rival' to all the other teams? I haven't tried it yet but rival matches are always pretty feisty.

World Cup 2018 Group Stage (Argentina-Russia 1-1)
Played on FIFA 16 (15 min halfs, Legendary difficulty, Game Speed Slow)
Shots: Argentina 9 - Russia 11
Shots on target: Argentina: 5 - Russia 4

Goals:
65 Lionel Messi 1-0 (Penalty)
90 Aleksandr Kokorin 1-1 (Assist: Oleg Shatov)

Substitutions:
65' Angel Di Maria - Paulo Dybala (ARG)
66' Alexandr Samedov - Oleg Shatov (RUS)
75' Marcos Rojo - Enzo Perez (ARG)
78' Artem Dzyuba - Aleksandr Kokorin (RUS)
81' Sergio Aguero - Mauro Icardi (ARG)

Yellow Cards: '39 Oleg Kuzmin (RUS)
Red Cards: '84 Gabriel Mercado (ARG)

Referee: Grand Lindum (ENG)

I discovered FIFA 16, 17 and 18 and I have a feeling FIFA 16 might have the best balance of them. With certain settings (more about that later) I get average 7-8 fouls and a few good free kicks per game (which is quite realistic). Passing is better on PES but shooting feels more authentic in FIFA and is "random" enough. You get penalties and free kicks. And it's the first football game since PES5 that actually has the "genuine football feel" to it. I have a feeling that FIFA 17 and 18 have less fouls than 16. I'm not saying FIFA is great, awesome, etc. but it has much less "unfairness" than PES. And it feels more like a real football game (you can't always put your finger on these).

FOUR of my last 20 games have been 0-0 defensive affairs. Very few shots on goal for each team. It almost feels just as great as back in the day with PES5. You can't describe the genuine football atmosphere... PES5 had that and in my opinion FIFA16 with correct settings have that too. And on top of that you get occasional high scoring games too.

Some people might think the footage is "boring" when the defense is so tight and you get so few opportunities to shoot. I understand that. But I'm seeking just more simulation feel.

Here are the settings:
Most came directly from FIFA Community sliders (Operation Sports) that are pretty damn good. I'm sure you guys are well aware of these.
https://forums.operationsports.com/...ders/855682-fifa-16-os-community-sliders.html

Skill Level: Legendary (the only way to go because World Class is too easy).
Game Speed: LOW

The only changes I made for these were:

USER PASS ERROR: 30 (I find the CPU has too big advantage here)
USER PASS SPEED: 50 (I prefer harder passes, just a personal preference)

gFH1Ch9.png

When you learn how to defend (FIFA 16 defensive engine might be the best ever) you can really fight to maintain your lead. CPU has some scripting and when you have a lead in the end CPU presses really hard but unlike PES that's in realistic levels on FIFA. I never feel cheated when CPU scores.

You really, really have to work for your goals. At least I do. I've never been a great player which might be just a blessing in the sports games. And I play from the keyboard which probably makes my playing look "sloppy". Just watch the video. It was very tight game with rather good defending from both sides.

PS: I always watch all the cutscenes and make an "event" of each of my games. Feels much more authentic that way.

World Cup 2018 Group Stage (Argentina-Russia 1-1)
Played on FIFA 16 (15 min halfs, Legendary difficulty, Game Speed Slow)
Shots: Argentina 9 - Russia 11
Shots on target: Argentina: 5 - Russia 4

Goals:
65 Lionel Messi 1-0 (Penalty)
90 Aleksandr Kokorin 1-1 (Assist: Oleg Shatov)

Substitutions:
65' Angel Di Maria - Paulo Dybala (ARG)
66' Alexandr Samedov - Oleg Shatov (RUS)
75' Marcos Rojo - Enzo Perez (ARG)
78' Artem Dzyuba - Aleksandr Kokorin (RUS)
81' Sergio Aguero - Mauro Icardi (ARG)

Yellow Cards: '39 Oleg Kuzmin (RUS)
Red Cards: '84 Gabriel Mercado (ARG)

Referee: Grand Lindum (ENG)

I discovered FIFA 16, 17 and 18 and I have a feeling FIFA 16 might have the best balance of them. With certain settings (more about that later) I get average 7-8 fouls and a few good free kicks per game (which is quite realistic). Passing is better on PES but shooting feels more authentic in FIFA and is "random" enough. You get penalties and free kicks. And it's the first football game since PES5 that actually has the "genuine football feel" to it. I have a feeling that FIFA 17 and 18 have less fouls than 16. I'm not saying FIFA is great, awesome, etc. but it has much less "unfairness" than PES. And it feels more like a real football game (you can't always put your finger on these).

FOUR of my last 20 games have been 0-0 defensive affairs. Very few shots on goal for each team. It almost feels just as great as back in the day with PES5. You can't describe the genuine football atmosphere... PES5 had that and in my opinion FIFA16 with correct settings have that too. And on top of that you get occasional high scoring games too.

Some people might think the footage is "boring" when the defense is so tight and you get so few opportunities to shoot. I understand that. But I'm seeking just more simulation feel.

Here are the settings:
Most came directly from FIFA Community sliders (Operation Sports) that are pretty damn good. I'm sure you guys are well aware of these.
https://forums.operationsports.com/...ders/855682-fifa-16-os-community-sliders.html

Skill Level: Legendary (the only way to go because World Class is too easy).
Game Speed: LOW

The only changes I made for these were:

USER PASS ERROR: 30 (I find the CPU has too big advantage here)
USER PASS SPEED: 50 (I prefer harder passes, just a personal preference)

gFH1Ch9.png

When you learn how to defend (FIFA 16 defensive engine might be the best ever) you can really fight to maintain your lead. CPU has some scripting and when you have a lead in the end CPU presses really hard but unlike PES that's in realistic levels on FIFA. I never feel cheated when CPU scores.

You really, really have to work for your goals. At least I do. I've never been a great player which might be just a blessing in the sports games. And I play from the keyboard which probably makes my playing look "sloppy". Just watch the video. It was very tight game with rather good defending from both sides.

PS: I always watch all the cutscenes and make an "event" of each of my games. Feels much more authentic that way.
Love what u did to the game with that real match camera position, or broadcast, yes passing feels better in pes but shooting is much better on fifa definitely, way more authentic

The ModdingWay World Cup 2018 mod for FIFA 16 is amazing by the way. Absolutely insane level of details. All lineups and groups 100% correct. Respect.

iup2XNd.jpg

I just got total of 11 fouls in a World Cup group stage match Iceland-Argentina (FIFA 16, Legendary, 15 min halfs). 5 for the player, 6 for the CPU. Only 1 from a late sliding tackle. Does that actually happen in any other football game since PES5/WE9? I don't think so. @MadbaLL

remF6Su.jpg

The ModdingWay World Cup 2018 mod for FIFA 16 is amazing by the way. Absolutely insane level of details. All lineups and groups 100% correct. Respect.

iup2XNd.jpg

I just got total of 11 fouls in a World Cup group stage match Iceland-Argentina (FIFA 16, Legendary, 15 min halfs). 5 for the player, 6 for the CPU. Only 1 from a late sliding tackle. Does that actually happen in any other football game since PES5/WE9? I don't think so. @MadbaLL

remF6Su.jpg
Why u still play fifa 16 instead of playing 18? Whats the difference? As i see fifa 18 is better in every department

If this is genuine footage of the PES 2019, there will be no more fouls in the next game, either. :(

At now Pes2018 i'm still testing, but i found a good equilirium, alays talking about Superstar level and very low speed (using Nesa tool, i guess about -4 ingame speed).
I think everyone should find his own equilibrium, anyway: here's a possible base to start editing yor own personal gameplay.

There are a lot of changes and every one has a deep sense and i can explain it all, so if you have some doubt about anything just ask
EDIT mods:

ALL PLAYERS: +15 Devensive prowess (* for 122 players with 85 and more Def Prowess you should add the exceeding units in this order: 1.Ball Recovery 2. Physical contact 3. Jump 4. Explosive power), -25 Finishing, -25 Loft pass -25 Header, -30 Spin). Optional: Weak Foot Usage = 4, Weak Foot ability = 1
ALL GKeepers: Offensive Gks, Form=8, +10 body control, jump, explosive power, +20 kicking power
ALL Central Defenders: +5 Jump, Body Control and Physical contact, +3 explosive power, Form =8

NESA APP: GAMEPLAY SPEED= 24300

I'm playng with Kilay Option File, that influences the tactics with ALL Offensive Pressing style for all teams, and the midfielders position setted to guarantee a bit more CPU possession to avoid continuous counter attacks .

Now i'm testing a Player Reaction decreasing with Nesa tool , setting it to 4,67

Due to some side effects of it, i did some other changes:

GKs: further +10 explosive pover, Body control, Jump; further +20 hysical contact; +10 Coverage, Reflexes
Central Backs: further +5 Jump
Lateral backs : +10 Jump

I'm still fighting to get more CPU fouls, but it's difficult to get more than 5 in a 20 minutes game.

About Pes 2017, if you are interested to it i should open an edit file and match the stats with original ones, as it was a more detailed work, but in general i had a lot of fouls and 3-4 penalties per season, i still don't understand if it was only me or everyone has this feedbacks about fouls.
Anyway i used to set the "non possession formation" of every against team the more back possible... so i had very defensive games .

Which Nesa tool did you use?

Back
Top Bottom