lag problems

neo-alarab

Non-League
9 August 2004
Hassa, KSA
WE9 is my first experience with online gaming, so i might not have the best judgment so fare with me. Anyway, why do i have so much lag during the game, and why does it incredibly slows down, also if that wasn't bad why it takes forever to respond. I mean all these take away from the experience and make me look like an idiot when I’m playing. I don't know what it is, b/c i have a very fast connection, and i shouldn't have a problem but still lots of them.

I just want to know if everybody is having the same problems, if not please advise

Be aware. Ive had 2 games where I was 3-0 up at halftime. All of a sudden 2nd half LAGGGGGGYYY as a mother#$#$. I think sum people LAG on purpose cause they get pissed off they are losing. U can tell its lag cause when they get the ball goin forward all of a sudden its lag free. Most of my games have been smooth with a few laggy spikes but nothing serious. I advise u to play ppl with the color GREEN only with 3 stripes.

that's true, but can people lag when they have a green 3 stipes too, cause i've had that too. I mean i had some good games lately since more popele with fast connections like me joined. And is there anybody here i can play against that won't freaking lag, cause i really want to play smoothly, i just wanna play good players that's all, i don't care if i lose by like 10 nothing(which is unlikely, like many of you i've been playing this game since i was like 10 since Goal Storm in 1995, and i was so exicted to be finally being able to play this online). Also is it possible to choose to host both halfs myself, cause my connection is mad fast and i won't lag people ever, cause i don't give a shit about ranking(kinda off), but i will never lag. Thanks

neo-alarab said:
that's true, but can people lag when they have a green 3 stipes too, cause i've had that too. I mean i had some good games lately since more popele with fast connections like me joined. And is there anybody here i can play against that won't freaking lag, cause i really want to play smoothly, i just wanna play good players that's all, i don't care if i lose by like 10 nothing(which is unlikely, like many of you i've been playing this game since i was like 10 since Goal Storm in 1995, and i was so exicted to be finally being able to play this online). Also is it possible to choose to host both halfs myself, cause my connection is mad fast and i won't lag people ever, cause i don't give a shit about ranking(kinda off), but i will never lag. Thanks

People can lag you whenever they want.

CapnKill said:
People can lag you whenever they want.

Will, is there anybody that just wantes to play for fun? cause ohh man i do.Anyway, if anybody is interested just add me to ur friends list, my user name is OSAMAH-ALALI. Thanks

I've played about 15-20 games so far and I've been lagged intentionaly twice... so when you finish a game against someone that played fair and all that just add them to your friends list.

hey man, i don't wtf, i got no lag at first. And then some in the secound half, and i could see u did, that's why i backed the ball when i was in a scoring position in the secound half. WTF. How do u fix this thing, i never played online before, this is my first time. Please advice, and good luck next time BummyJab

Well even playing a friend and neither of us lagging on purpose we still get some although not terrible. Just play peaople from here and Soccer gaming that you know won't lag on purpose.

Ezio

ezio said:
Well even playing a friend and neither of us lagging on purpose we still get some although not terrible. Just play peaople from here and Soccer gaming that you know won't lag on purpose.

Ezio

Well, i played BummyJab and i had no lag at all first half. But he sayes it was unplayble. I had some lag in the secound half, but still it was very decent not as good as the first but still decent. He said there was too much lag, so he blocked me. You see i have an LAN(3) connection, one of the fastest in the wrold, it's a University network and it's FiberObtic which is sopposdly the fastes here in America, it goes up to insance speeds (when downloading from the same network it goes up to 8mp a second, and sometiems it streams soccer matchs up to freaking 800kb), so i know my connection is fast, it's just why did BummyJab still had lag problems. Maybe it's his connection i don't know, just please advice

neo-alarab said:
Well, i played BummyJab and i had no lag at all first half. But he sayes it was unplayble. I had some lag in the secound half, but still it was very decent not as good as the first but still decent. He said there was too much lag, so he blocked me. You see i have an LAN(3) connection, one of the fastest in the wrold, it's a University network and it's FiberObtic which is sopposdly the fastes here in America, it goes up to insance speeds (when downloading from the same network it goes up to 8mp a second, and sometiems it streams soccer matchs up to freaking 800kb), so i know my connection is fast, it's just why did BummyJab still had lag problems. Maybe it's his connection i don't know, just please advice

Well I assume that the University all share the same connection correct? If they do, then that would mean if other people were doing stuff while your playing it would probably lag. I have found that the game needs maximum bandwith because supposedly it is a peer to peer connection from what I have heard. I found that out the other day because I was plying my friend and my wife was doing stuff on her laptop for work and it lagged bad so since I would assume your all sharing the connection that is probably why it lagged.

Ezio

Oh Im sorry Neo for blocking you!!! LOL didnt even know it was you. ahahaha. But yea that lag in the first half was so horrible. I will unblock u and maybe try some more games. What is your username by the way????

No problem Bummy, I just felt bad about beating you unfairly. I just don't get it, because the first half was really good, the second half was not as good but it was decent. I mean we can try playing the quick match thing so it won't effect our rankings, cause man all I’m looking for is fun and I don't really care about ranking but just in case you do we'll do the quick match thing. By the way my user name is OSAMAH-ALALI.

And Ezio, I think that the network being a University network could contribute to the lags, but I would doubt it since peer to peer soccer streaming goes smooth all the time and beside people have no problem downloading soccer games from me when using the torrents , it still goes at high speeds.

This hall thing really puzzles me, and hopefully it was just that one game with BummyJab that was wack. We'll see cause I’m dieing for some decent people to play with.

i just got a router and now my online gaming is laggy as can be. It d/ced me twice in about 5 games. Does anyone know what ports we9I uses so I can forward them via my router??

Kevin_Arnold said:
i just got a router and now my online gaming is laggy as can be. It d/ced me twice in about 5 games. Does anyone know what ports we9I uses so I can forward them via my router??

I don't recall but Is should be in the manual. You could also give the PS2 a static IP and use dmz and forward everything to the IP of the ps2. that is what I am doing.

Ezio

Does any one here use thier Campus connection, and if so do you have any problems with it? I have been getting complaints from some players that my games lag too much, i really don't know if they mean slowdowns, or just lags, cause i don't have much lag maybe once a game, but i do have a lot of slowdowns. Please advice

I THINK i fixed my router by doing what you said Ezio.

As for campus connections...I remember my campus days, the campus network people usually firewall the hell out of it, so that it will be slow and discouraging for gamers, so they dont use up all the bandwith. The only thing you can do is either get a friend in the campus network to help you out secretly or write a letter to the editor to the campus newspaper...get enough people vocally pissed off, and maybe something wil happen.

Firstly,when you create a game you will host the 1st half and your opponent will host the second half. Whoever is hosting has the near perfect connection or gameplay. I always always try to play with someone who has the best ping (green connection) to me. In thise case, the lag you might get when you are not the host is greatly reduced.

Secondly, on a seperate note to the lag issue above, which is purely based on the standard of the connection between the two players, is the fact thay many players online use a defensive line-up either from the start of the game or when they are winning. If you are pressing for a goal and most of the play is in and around the opponent's box then the gameplay may slow down (sometimes considerably) and it is difficult to adjust to the slower pace. This is especially true for opponents who employ a 5-man defence. I do not see much that can be done about this.

My suggestion is to try to play with opponents who have a green connection with you and make friends with those that play fair and won't disconnect on you if you are mauling them.

Remember to have fun with it. I myself sometimes get too caught up in the game and nearly got my ass kicked by my girlfriend when I shouted at her after conceding a goal! :)

Ruffneckc, yea that's what i thought; both share the hosting. I always ask my opponents if they are lagging during the HF, and a lot of them say yes. My connection is mad fast; it's supposedly the fastest in the States. I get some lag in the second half when the opponent is hosting, and i don't know what the server show for my connection, i think it shows green cause i get a lot of people who want to play against me. I got complaints from 4 people so far. There was this player who i played and it went madly smooth both half’s, and he had no complaints at all. Maybe the fact that I’m using my campus connection makes it slower with all the firewalls put up, but it shouldn't cause any problems cause i have no problem with Streaming soccer games which use the same peer to peer type of connection with very fast downloading and uploading. Maybe the fact that i don't have any experience with online gaming before this game might make my judgment a little off? which is the reason I’m looking to play people who will give me feedback after the game. My screen name is OSAMAH-ALALI, see you online.

ruffneckc said:
Remember to have fun with it. I myself sometimes get too caught up in the game and nearly got my ass kicked by my girlfriend when I shouted at her after conceding a goal! :)

Hehe, this is so true...'She' always has the worst timing tho, I swear. Always comin to nag me about something at the wrong time.

Back
Top Bottom