Lag

Happy_2008

Non-League
17 December 2002
Is it me or does everyone else tend to find that this games lags alot. Most of the time i can play ok but there have been many instances in the 2nd half where i lag like crazy. I can press pass and the pass will not be made until 2 seconds later, obviously by this time the ball would have been lost anyway. Slightly dissapointed with Konami on the this.

Pro Evolution Soccer 5 for PC = port = IT SUCKS

Buy a PlayStation2 with PES 5. It´s really worth it. PC lag is awful while playing in PlayStation2 is driving me crazy. I´m sleeping 5/6 hours per day. Can´t stop playing this beauty! what a game! what an online experience! I never tought I would get so much fun playing this great game online without affecting fun and gameplay. (sunday to monday I didn´t sleep. I played since 10:00pm of sunday until 6:30am of Monday and I went to work at 7:00am!)

That doesn´t matter. In the first half the player that created the game will host and play as if he was offline and the player that joined will have reduced frames (Sony online technology to avoid lags). In the second half the host change to the player who joined and the player who created the game will have the "reduced frames".

Reduced frames also known as lag on PC and Xbox.
In PS2 if you play with red connections you will get awful lags too, but not with green and some yellow connections :)

It´s impossible to have lag when you host. You can have slowdown if you use a router but not lag.

Both you and your opponent have to turn EVERYTHING off while playing: icq, emule, bittorrent, outlook, limewire etc. All these programs use network traffic and cause lags during online gaming.If both you and your opponent turn everything off, there should be almost no lag.

I have 2meg Broadband. 2meg downlaod 512k upload. I believe my connection is fine and online users have told me my connection is green >>>.
If somebody complains of lag, when I'm hosting, who's fault is it?
Is it my connection problem or theirs?
Basically, if someone sl@gs me off for having lag, can I ping back at them and tell them it's actually their connection problem?

Your upload is very good indeed mate, however, as I said, the ping is important too. You can have a 100mbit down/10mbit up connection, but if you don´t have good ping you will always have lag... ping is the response time that your modem/router does to the server you ping and that doesn´t depend of your broadband. It depends on your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and on your connection signal. I´ve bought a Signal Amplifier and now when I enter in the Loobys, almost everyone is Green for me (PlayStation2). I can say that now 80% of the players I see are green. My connection is green for them aswell. It´s all about ping and signal mate :)

My current connection is 4mbits down/256kps up but I will improve it today to 8mbit down/384kps up so I can have even more good connection :D

Back
Top Bottom