LAMPARD V GERRARD

AOBrien07

Safc till i die !
12 May 2006
Sunderland
Sunderland
:shock: This is just a kind of a poll to see who people think is better out off lampard or gerrard who's more popular

for me its Gerrard because he's scored better goals and is more of an influence to the team as he guided them to the champ league win in 2005

Last edited:
Gerrard is more complete IMO.

Pacey, strong, can pass, shoot, cross, tackle. Can play in the middle AND on the flanks.

And I think he's had more of an impact even in a less well off team (squad and money wise) He's also helped win the FA CUP (twice), Champions League, Uefa Cup, League cup (twice), Supercup (twice). Only three things missing...League, World Cup, Euro Cup

Gerrard for me, I like them both but Gerrard as people have said makes more of an impact on players, and scores some cracking goals :)

Well its not much of a contest is it? Lampard walks about passing sideways and hits shots against defenders, which go in. Notice not one deflection in the WC out of 25 shots equaled no goals! Gerrard can control the game when given the freedom and scores nearly as many aswell. Also he can play in all kinds of positions, whereas fat frank stands about in the middle. More pace, better pass, better shot(never seen a FAcup final goal from lampard, they are mostly on the edge of the box via a defender), more work, etc etc.

tiktiktiktik said:
Well its not much of a contest is it? Lampard walks about passing sideways and hits shots against defenders, which go in. Notice not one deflection in the WC out of 25 shots equaled no goals! Gerrard can control the game when given the freedom and scores nearly as many aswell. Also he can play in all kinds of positions, whereas fat frank stands about in the middle. More pace, better pass, better shot(never seen a FAcup final goal from lampard, they are mostly on the edge of the box via a defender), more work, etc etc.
good point off the deflection bit i;ve never really thought about it like that because not one not one of his shot's were deflected in the world cup yet agains't greece it took a deflection of a greek defender and went in

Have to agree with chelsea_fan about the consistentcy between lampard and gerrard. Lampard is pretty solid in all the games he plays, although again he doesnt actually do much in them, he is consistent at standing about and hitting shots off of defenders. But can anyone see lampard going round the pitch carrying his team when they are not performing?

Gerrard because I can't stand lampards face. Come to think about it, they both got annoying screwed up faces that you'd like to punch. But I think Gerrard has the least annoying face out of them both

Being a non supporter of Chelsea & Liverpool, I can offer an unbiased opinion. Lampard is good, but hands down Gerrard is the complete package. I even think he should be England captain.

tiktiktiktik said:
He scored another deflected shot for chelsea in the next game aswell :lol:

huh..learn to make sense...how did he score in the "next game"

well tell the defenders to get out the way than ...
16 goals last year pfft.. gerrard keeps passing the ball back to henry...? :lol:
U dont see Lampard needing a rest...Rafa always worried about Gers Energy Level lol.. Lampard's Fitness Top Notch!

twophases said:
Being a non supporter of Chelsea & Liverpool, I can offer an unbiased opinion. Lampard is good, but hands down Gerrard is the complete package. I even think he should be England captain.
by the way my decision isn't biased because i'm a sunderland supporter and i also said gerrard when i prefer chelsea so its not biased

Gerrard is complete, he is a real champion and leader, lampard isn't, he isn't a champion and neither a leader. At this add also that gerrard is younger so you have easily my vote : Steven Gerrard

but everybody knows that lampard is everywhere over rated coz he makes a lot of goals, if you see better and with a tattic eyes, you can easy see that he is nothing of special, not much than a good player

Last edited:
chelsea_fan said:

well tell the defenders to get out the way than ...
16 goals last year pfft.. gerrard keeps passing the ball back to henry...? :lol:
U dont see Lampard needing a rest...Rafa always worried about Gers Energy Level lol.. Lampard's Fitness Top Notch!

i think you need to learn how to read, first he scored for england v greece with a deflected shot, then the NEXT GAME HE PLAYED for chelsea he scored another deflected shot. Its not that complicated to understand, or are you one of those chelsea supporters that doesnt understand the difference between manu/liv spending large sums based on (past)succes and business management vs chelsea's sugerdaddy with no businessmanagement to speak of. As for defenders getting out of his way, they did in the WC :lol:

As for lampard having a top notch fitness, yeah agree, but again if he would play like gerrard running all over the place carrying his team when he needs to i think lampard would end up being tired and needing a rest too.

chelsea_fan said:
That will probably make sense by the end of Chelsea's next game. :lol:
chelsea_fan said:
Maybe it has something to do with Gerrard actually using more energy in his games...

Personally i don't like to compare the two because in my eyes they are very different players.

But personally I can't choose who to pick really i guess it depends on the situation.

If i wanted a team with someone who seems to be more disciplined and you know what you going to get from him then i would go for Lampard.

If i wanted a team with someone who drives the team forward and is so unpredictable (in a good way as you never know what the man is going to do) then i would go for Gerrard.

If i had to choose one i would go for Gerrard slighty (that's a tough thing to say being a chelsea fan ;) )

But I would perfer to have Juninho Pernambucano in my team over them two

man get the f out of here..small talk?!..its a matter of opinion...who the f are u, compared to the World footballer of the year Ronaldinho, praised runner-up Lampard..wanted him to join Barca...i dont see him praising Gerrard...

chelsea_fan said:
and how is gerrard using more energy...chopping players down?! i know he commits more fouls than F.Lampard...
:lmao: You're just full of crap.
Look at Actim stats and you find that Lampard gave away more fouls than Gerrard last season.

Back
Top Bottom