Laptop screen fault, can anyone on here help?

UJSupanova

@Bobothy
27 June 2006
Liverpool
Liverpool
i've just bought a faulty laptop (yes i knew it was faulty, it only cost me £26) and have fixed all the faults apart from one (i've fixed the main board, casing, replaced memory, battery and psu, keyboard, hdd and managed to overclock the cpu, so far it's cost around £75 altogether) basically the screen doesn't work properly.

when i switch the laptop on the screen turns full bright white and then slowly fades to a normal view, in this case the windows installation menu. When i move the mouse or click a drop down menu, it moves ridiculously slowly on screen, the mouse cursor leaves a trail behind it and it takes ages to move.

I tested it with my normal pc monitor and it worked fine, so i know it's not a fault on the motherboard or the graphics, im hoping it's not a dead lcd because they're expensive to replace, i hope it's just a faulty inverter because they're quite cheap to get hold of. I've recorded a video of it starting up so hopefully someone can work it out.

here's the vid: YouTube - Acer Aspire 3610 Screen Fault

i've been told by one person that it looks like it may be a faulty inverter and i'm hoping they're right, but i'd like to get an expert's opinion, can anyone else help? :PRAY:

If you kinda twist/torque the screen does the picture become normal?

if it does then the screens knackered

the inverter is just the backlight as far as im aware

no twisting the screen makes no difference i've tried that.

the inverter controls the backlight yeh but it also controls the power output to the monitor and the voltage to the screen.

Back
Top Bottom