Hungary
Cover:
the-last-of-us-part-ii-key-art-mobile-01-ps4-us-13aug19.jpeg

Platforms: PS4
Release Date: ?

Developer: Naughty Dog
Genre: Action/Adventure

Description:
Set five years after the events of The Last of Us, Ellie and Joel continue their journey through the wasteland of America, encountering even more dangers in their path.

There we go

Last edited by a moderator:
That's just fan speculation but they did go to lengths to say it was very early in development and release was a long way off so definitely years not months :(

At the very earliest it will be late 2018 but more likely 2019.

If they take their time and make it awesome like the first one then happy to wait!

By 2020 I'll be too busy with universal translator, flying cars and transporters!

Not sure about the other two..
But you should try Google Translate, pretty much spot on.

I am hoping this is held back for the PS5, this game deserves much better graphics than the PS4 can handle, and in 2/3 years time will just look even more dated.

I never really wanted this sequel, but I kinda of do, and kinda of don't and kinda of do again.

But its Naughty Dog of course they won't fuck it up. I'll stay positive.

Good news. Really enjoyed the first one. Imagine this will play even better and look superb on the Pro. Holiday 2018 release I reckon.

The first was one of the best games ever crafted. I didn't fancy a sequel in terms of narrative, as the story of Joel and Ellie was closed to perfection. But let's see what they do, I trust them 100% on this one. Projecting this IP to the future, at some point Joel should die and Ellie be left alone in this world... if they survive the 2nd.

Release date finally given as February 21st 2020.

I never liked the gameplay of this and neither Uncharted. Both are really generic oldschool scheme. Just throwing more and more and harder and harder enemies in your face and see if you are prepared. If not you are dead then restart and memorize the whole procedure until the next shit we throw at you which you cant overcome unless you try it again and memorize it. Story is strong tho. So im kinda torned about this. They have to really make it meaningful.

I've never gone crazy with the restart mechanic too, but I have to admit it's very functional if you have an extraordinary story (like the first Last of Us indeed was) and you want your audience to primarily focus on that.

However I'm kinda skeptical about this sequel.. I doubt it will be able to live the hype. The main character(s) already told what they had to in the previous chapter and I think it will be very hard to top that with a new story still centered on them. I would have opted for brand new protagonists tbh.

Delayed indefinitely...

Due to current situation, they clearly could not manufacter the number of units required to deal with demand.

Kinda conflicted on the news, yes there's far more important things going on in the world but having a new game to play is a nice break from the monotony, is it really going to harm their long term sales if it's a digital only release at first?

Kinda conflicted on the news, yes there's far more important things going on in the world but having a new game to play is a nice break from the monotony, is it really going to harm their long term sales if it's a digital only release at first?

Personally I would of preferred a digital only release.
Even though I paid £40 from Amazon for it back in Sep 2017, I would happily pay the massively over inflated prices of PSN to get the game on time.

They even stated the game is finished, and they were ironing out a few minor bugs - Nothing to stop release.

They clearly feel that games sales will be too affected from not having physical copies available.

Personally it would of been good to have it to play end of May, and purposely re-purchased a PS4 Pro a month ago just to play this and Spiderman - Then sell in time for PS5.

People like me might be in the minority but I am about zero percent hyped about playing anything that has to do with an outbreak of some sort. Not all people are like that, many are probably binging on pandemic movies right now. Still, I think a delay is actually not bad due to this as well.

Also, could we just go all in on digital? You know that shit is coming. Especially now. Just get it over with. Physical media had a nice run. But it's time to put it down. As in shoot it in the head.

People like me might be in the minority but I am about zero percent hyped about playing anything that has to do with an outbreak of some sort. Not all people are like that, many are probably binging on pandemic movies right now. Still, I think a delay is actually not bad due to this as well.

Also, could we just go all in on digital? You know that shit is coming. Especially now. Just get it over with. Physical media had a nice run. But it's time to put it down. As in shoot it in the head.

I would suspect that console gaming is still a very large proportion physical media.
The prices for games are ridiculous digitally for consoles and when a new console comes out the games become extinct.
So many people chose to buy and sell once completed.

Until consoles become full backwards compatible like PC's and the general cost of digital titles become acceptable then the advantages of digital distribution aren't there.

The more I dwell on the delay the more pissed off I am, greed over fans, no excuse not to do a digital only release if it's technically possible!

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/last-of-us-2-director-says-no-decision-yet-on-digi/1100-6475654/

Some have wondered why Sony doesn't just release the game as a digital-exclusive, especially now when people are at home playing games more than ever during lockdown. Druckmann said Sony is considering all kinds of "different options" for how to release the game. There were concerns about being able to get physical copies of the game to all the retailers around the world, and all-digital isn't great either because that could limit the game's reach for those who wanted a physical copy.

"Right now we're looking at all sorts of different options," Druckmann said. "What's the best way to get it to all of our fans as soon as possible?. That's going to take time."

Seems like this train is de-railing even before leaving the station.
The plot leaks are horrific, its the first game ladies and gents after the movies and its ND that went down the rabbit hole after SW, Ghostbusters, Batwoman etc.

tenor.gif

The game is now apparently releasing in June.

Personally I have kept away from the plot links, and have no interest in finding out what they are.

Back
Top Bottom