Legendary football moments

Henrik

PES-addict
13 February 2006
Hello all,

I thought it would be nice to start a new topic for movies of legendary football moments. So instead of goals this topic is for moments, and it would be nice to tell the backgroundstory of the actual moment.

First: The Lama (Frank Rijkaard spits into Rudi Voller hair).

After the European Championship of Holland in 1988 they go with much confidence to the WC in Italy 1990. But it goes very bad and they are lucky to survive the group-phase. Then Germany, the big rival (since the lost final in 1974) is the enemy, and everyone thinks that Holland will repeat the match of 1988, where Germany was overclassed. But that isn't the fact, and the always irritating Rudi Voller is torturing Frank Rijkaard. Then, in the 22 minute Rijkaard can't stand Voller anymore and spits him in his hair! :applause: Voller will do it by Rijkaard too, and they are both sent off with a red card. When they walk to the showers Rijkaard repeats it and strikes one more time very very nice in the neck of Voller. Thank you 'Lama' \\:o/

Spuugincident.jpg

And the movie
http://www.ongein.nl/ongein/../getItem2.aspx?file=anspucken2.mpg

I hate Voller and I hate Rijkaard , I would have more respect for Rijkaard if he wasn't a spitter as its the most degrading thing a footballer can do. He should have just punched him tbh, he's just lucky it was Voller as its the only reason its accepted.

Last edited:
Cloud1863 said:
I hate Voller and I hate Rijkaard , I would have more respect for Rijkaard if he wasn't a spitter as its the most degrading thing a footballer can do. He should have just punched him tbh, he's just lucky it was Voller as its the only reason its accepted.

How mature!!!!

Rijkaards reaction was 16 years ago, but you still judge by that one reaction...since then he made it clear that he was wrong to do that.
He's a class guy. Compare him to the average manager and he's world class.
I sincerely hope for you that you don't make mistakes that are haunting you sixteen years later...

any one have the video of the linesman of Newcastle vs Chelsea in cup 1 year ago i think ?

Last edited:
Does anyone have Bayern warm-up before one of this year's games when a ball hit Kahn's face? That was priceless. :lol:

gerd said:
How mature!!!!

Rijkaards reaction was 16 years ago, but you still judge by that one reaction...since then he made it clear that he was wrong to do that.
He's a class guy. Compare him to the average manager and he's world class.
I sincerely hope for you that you don't make mistakes that are haunting you sixteen years later...

What do you mean mature, in the sense I said he should have punched him as lets be fair a punch is more accepted than spitting? Or the fact I don't like any one of the pair as I'm allowed to have my own judgement.

Ok, this is the most legendary moment for me up to date. This is a video from the extra qualifying game Romania - Slovenia for the WC 2002.

The goal might not be so good or anything, but it's the man who scored it that's special. Mladen Rudonja who scored the goal was playing his 53th NT cap that day and that's the first goal he scored in 53 caps. And that goal took us to the WC for the first time. :) I wonder what would've happened if the ref would blow the whistle when Novak was brought down.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=isrrMGvZVG8

Last edited:
For me this is is a legendary moment: Season 2003-04 Milan won the Scudetto. It was the 2nd derby of the year, and Inter were leading 2-0 at half time. Then Tomasson scored, then Kaka scored, then on the 86th minute, Inter reject Seedorf fired a shot from 35 meters and scored the winner.
This is the goal that made my whole family go mad and every Milan fan I know go mad: http://youtube.com/watch?v=_SeWjMX_YS4&search=seedorf

Heres a funny clip of 2 cheap-tv commentators during the Derby. His joy at the end is whats important.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sgwwvLAfbrw&search=derby milan

Also thought this was quite legendary:
Italy-Iraq in the 2004 Athens Olympics
51228572.jpg

Last edited:
LMAO!!! see the inter fan commentators face after milano scored.. ohhh priceless.

Do anyone remebers Luis Enrique covered in blood and crying beacuse of an Italian elbow and the ref sending him out to change his top?
USA 94

Cloud1863 said:
I would have more respect for Rijkaard if he wasn't a spitter as its the most degrading thing a footballer can do. QUOTE]

How about if he chlorofomed him in the car park after the game and driven him to a secluded warehouse and then tied electrodes to his genitals and whipped him with a knotted rope? Actually... I'd still respect him.:D

Cloud1863 said:
What do you mean mature, in the sense I said he should have punched him as lets be fair a punch is more accepted than spitting? Or the fact I don't like any one of the pair as I'm allowed to have my own judgement.

Just read what i wrote...
That you judge a person for one action 16 years ago.
People do stupid things. People change.
Because Rijkaard spat on Voller (and i agree with you that that was a bad thing to do) 16 years ago, you still despise him.

He's a very charming person.

Nobody ever talked about what Voller said to provoke Rijkaards reaction. Rijkaard refuses to talk about it, because he thinks that would diminish his guilt/responsability. Because wether you believe it or not, Rijkaard regrets what he did with Voller. Other Dutch players who were on the pitch that day have suggested that Voller said something very racistic.
The fact that Rijkaard refuses to talk about it shows that he's a class person.

What do you think about Sebastian Frei who spat on another players during the last Euro in Portugal??? Frei regrets his action to and showed that in a very satiric way...he adopted a lama in one of Switzerland's Zoo's.

If tomorrow another big player would spit on an opponent, i would condemn that (like i did with Rijkaard). But i'm pretty sure that i would not hate him for it 16 years later.

gerd said:
Just read what i wrote...
That you judge a person for one action 16 years ago.
People do stupid things. People change.
Because Rijkaard spat on Voller (and i agree with you that that was a bad thing to do) 16 years ago, you still despise him.

He's a very charming person.

Nobody ever talked about what Voller said to provoke Rijkaards reaction. Rijkaard refuses to talk about it, because he thinks that would diminish his guilt/responsability. Because wether you believe it or not, Rijkaard regrets what he did with Voller. Other Dutch players who were on the pitch that day have suggested that Voller said something very racistic.
The fact that Rijkaard refuses to talk about it shows that he's a class person.

What do you think about Sebastian Frei who spat on another players during the last Euro in Portugal??? Frei regrets his action to and showed that in a very satiric way...he adopted a lama in one of Switzerland's Zoo's.

If tomorrow another big player would spit on an opponent, i would condemn that (like i did with Rijkaard). But i'm pretty sure that i would not hate him for it 16 years later.

Ok fair enough maybe saying I hate is a tad harsh, but still I think it was a horrible moment in football. Players make mistakes but you can't take them back after you have done them. If that was the case that Rijkaard was racialy abused then I take back half comment abour Rijkaard, though Voller would only gain more dislike from my book as thats bang out of order.

What Frei done was bang out of order, add Totti to the list and don't get me started on El Hadji Diouf. Spitting and to a higher extent racism are two of the worst act's than can be carried out in the name of football.

marukomu said:
How about if he chlorofomed him in the car park after the game and driven him to a secluded warehouse and then tied electrodes to his genitals and whipped him with a knotted rope? Actually... I'd still respect him.:D

I don't think there is any need for comments like that, a man's testicales are sacred, just fire the electrodes on his nipples. ;)

Last edited:
As much as I hate Materazzi, I have to say the man has extremely big cojones. Unfortunately, he has a small cranium to go along with it.

legendary moment? Me and a mate were walking back to Chorlton from Old Trafford after watching United vs Everton. We were just passing B&Q when he farted and shit his pants. He had to walk about two miles with pants full.
Maybe not legendary but I'll remember it forever as I'm sure he will too.

Back
Top Bottom