Level-Of-Detail (LOD) Mixer

juce

Champions League
7 November 2003
LOD Mixer
========
Enhance visual quality of your game. If your PC/XBox can handle extra work, bring the crowd back to the stadiums (on cameras like wide,long,etc.), turn up the level-of-detail in player models: no more "bald" foreheads, numbers on shorts/chests don't disappear, captain armbands don't disappear, higher quality kit and boots textures.

Latest version - 1.8a
Lod levels + crowd switch + weather support
Supported games:
PC: PES5, PES5demo2, PES4, WE8I
XBOX: PES5, PES5-beta, WE9

DOWNLOAD link:
http://www.savefile.com/files/7646208
http://rapidshare.de/files/23925564/lodmixer-1_8a.zip.html

Read the README.txt, for information.
For those who can't read, here's a quick sample configuration: 1,1,1,2,2. Try it.

(I wish i didn't create two threads for the same program, but then again i couldn't foresee that i'd get it to work for XBox too :))

Last edited:
:) Juce ... this is the best Tool ... ive seen for PES5 !!!

I think the animations and Models looks much better too now.
Thank you soooo much. Ive been waiting for such a thing.

THX...

Any chance to change the PES.exe ...to be able to use AA or AF ????

Last edited by a moderator:
KOP_007,
not sure about having to rip retail DVD. I don't really have an XBox, so my advice here may not be useful :) Perhaps, Super-S or somebody else who got it to work can comment on this. The way the program works is that in needs to modify a few bytes in the executable file (default.xbe). Whether that means that you'd need to burn a new DVD with modified default.xbe, or you could get away with just having the modified default.xbe on the hard drive - i cannot say, unfortunately, because i don't know.

The resolution is a matter of experiment. As usual, the higher you go, the more work it is for the GPU, so with the added workload of extra detail rendering, it might get to the point where it affects the frame rate or overall smoothness of the game. Although, JayM says it works fine with 1,1,1,1,1, but he didn't say what resolution he was using :)

I thoguth Xbox only had one resolution? Whatever I'm using it's default. :p

It's great though, even on wide view you can see players breath when it's cold and stuff.

when i place the default.xbe and the lod program in the same folder on the pc i cannot seem to find the default.xbe, even when typing it in manually... this is concerning the xbox btw... from the read me file i understand these 2 files need to be in the same folder in order to change the lod of the default.xbe file, is this before i ftp the files back to my xbox or do i have to place the program on my xbox harddisk??? please some info maybe JAY M could u explain how u got this to work for the xbox??
thanks

I don't think it can be explained any clearer than in the readme...

Don't know why it's not working for you, try reading it over again.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!
this is the best thing ever!!!
it just didn't help to increase the resolution when the models were crappy:)

kees262 said:
when i place the default.xbe and the lod program in the same folder on the pc i cannot seem to find the default.xbe, even when typing it in manually... this is concerning the xbox btw... from the read me file i understand these 2 files need to be in the same folder in order to change the lod of the default.xbe file, is this before i ftp the files back to my xbox or do i have to place the program on my xbox harddisk??? please some info maybe JAY M could u explain how u got this to work for the xbox??
thanks

Ok, so on your PC, you put the default.xbe into the same folder where lodmixer.exe is. Then you start lodmixer. In the "EXE:" textfield you type in "default.xbe" and press [Tab] key. What happens next? In the "EXE Info:" text, does it say "Unknown or unsupported EXE"?

Can you post a screenshot of your folder where you have both files, and also the screenshot of LOD Mixer after you press the [Tab] key?

Great Program :applause: , works a treat on the Xbox, i'm using 1,1,1,2,2 config without any slowdown at all great stuff.

here are 2 screenshots of the folder with the files in it and the lodmixer when not finding my default.xbe...
please help me out, for xbox what to do??

thanks. everything looks correct indeed... The only explanation i can think of is that the there's more than one default.xbe, and lodmixer doesn't recognize this one...

Can you send me your default.xbe? (if you zip it, it should only be ~3MB)
email: juce_66@yahoo.com

JayM,
that must be the reason. Thanks for pointing it out.
On soccergaming, people have reported the exact same problem, and i've received the mysterious default.xbe, and it is indeed different. So, it must be the "Beta" version.

kees262,
I put together a new version (1.3) of LOD Mixer. This one should work:
http://rapidshare.de/files/8935930/lodmixer-1_3.zip.html

thanks,
however i got it to work just now... with version 1.2:D
i first tried using a version i believe the retail version but the lod mixer did not recognize it... then i tried it with the default.xbe which was currently on my xbox harddisk, and it worked... great:applause: and thanks

new version 1.4 (see first post)
Can now turn the crowd on/off on all cameras

Ok this sounds like the coolest possible thing ever!! So thanks for the member who has done this program...8)

Anyway, i was wondering what do i need to have this working with my machine? I have basic Xbox and DVD writer. Do i need to mod my xbox or what's the deal? I'm really novice when it comes to these sort of things...

Hi delperio..

Since we have to alter this default.xbe file, the box can't be retail.. So, yes you do need a modified xbox in order to access/change this file...

:)

tom10 said:
Hi delperio..

Since we have to alter this default.xbe file, the box can't be retail.. So, yes you do need a modified xbox in order to access/change this file...

:)
Ok thanks tom for clearing this out :)

Awesome! v1.4 with everything set to 1 (highest) and crowd on, works perfectly. I've missed the crowd, it's great to have it back.

Thanks so, so much Juce :)

Does using the LOD mixer affect the speed of the game when set to all 1's and having crowds turned on? Appreciate feedback from any of you guys who've tested it.

Back
Top Bottom