*** Licences Confirmed + MORE ***

timsmith10000

LEICESTER CITY!
18 August 2003
Leicester
Manchester United will join the ranks of officially licensed teams for Pro Evolution Soccer 6, it has been confirmed today, along with Bayern Munich, Sporting Lisbon, Benfica, Olympiakos and the entire French top flight football league, the Ligue 1. PES 6 will also include official kits for the English, Italian, Spanish, Argentinean, French, Australian, Czech and Swedish national teams.

PS2 will also receive a boost in the form of new eight-player online matches. You'll be able to link up four machines, each with two players, to kick off these packed games, and we have it on strong authority that the crippling lag issue - where one half of an online match would always be near-impossible to play - has finally been sorted.

http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/ps2/game/news/article.jsp?articleId=20060823124045640046&sectionId=1006

Sounds great! 8) :applause: \\:o/

The bad news is that the next-gen version is exclusive for one year on the XBOX360..my decision which next-gen console to buy depended on the next gen version of PES/WE.
I have nothing against XBOX360, but what if after one year Konami has an exclusive contract with Playstation3????
I'm far from an hardcore gamer so i only want to buy one nextgen console...

Yeah but the 12 month deal really doesn't matter, because this is when the ps3 will be released, an they always bring their games out in october, which is a year from now.

So tbh it won't really make a difference

Looks as if its United and the scum from the Emirates who are licensed now :) wonder why Chelsea have been dropped?

DJ

more licences...excellent! let's hope the kits encryption is easier to break in this version, or mephisto's tool is compatible. how do you all think the format of the ISO will be?

english fa laws still only allow 10% of the premiership (i.e. two teams) to be licensed in a computer game. since it's been confirmed man utd are licensed, and since promotional pages contain small print which mention copyright of arsenal's badge etc. it would suggest chelsea have now been dropped. i await the backlash from angry chelsea fans... :lol:

to me it's quite simple though; man utd have the biggest global fanbase so if they can get their license then obviously they'll be in, as it will please the most number of people.

@ matherto - the fact that john terry has signed up again is irrelevant... just don't expect him to be on the cover in a chelsea shirt this time ;)

@ himawari - this announcement refers to new licenses, all licenses that they had already are still there, like spanish, italian, dutch leagues etc. not sure why the announcement that the dutch national team is now licensed isn't there though, since that is a new license that was in WE10.

all in all though i'm delighted at this news, especially french league! (as long as the kits are this season's, and not outdated like konami seem to mess up on a lot with the other leagues). but it means much less kits to edit and much less badges to have to make ourselves so :thumbup:

The screenshots that accompanied the announcement of Terry signing up also only showed him playing for England, a not insignificant detail I believe.

If John Terry is still going to feature on the front cover of PES6, I am betting that it will most probably be in the new licensed England kit with his nice shiny captains armband 8)

sounds good..but panathinaikos is still unlicensed?after years panathinaikos made good transfers and it has a very good team..i am a Panathinaikos fan..

They probably will drop Arsenal, because the English champion matters.

So will be Chelsea and United! (I wish was Arsenal there too)

SPiTFiRE said:
They probably will drop Arsenal, because the English champion matters.

So will be Chelsea and United! (I wish was Arsenal there too)

did you not read what other people have posted? take the hints, it looks like chelsea have been dropped, there is evidence for this, whereas your only 'argument' or 'reason' that chelsea will still be licensed is because 'the english champion matters.'

@ nickSCFC - there are going to be some people complaining whatever... if you drop chelsea, people will say 'why not drop arsenal?' if you drop arsenal, people will say 'why not drop chelsea?' you're never going to please everybody on an issue like this. but there maybe reasons why chelsea could be dropped; perhaps they had difficulty negotiating with them? perhaps they just chose to keep arsenal because they reached the CL final or that they also have a bigger global fanbase than chelsea.

sgiakou13 said:
sounds good..but panathinaikos is still unlicensed?after years panathinaikos made good transfers and it has a very good team..i am a Panathinaikos fan.

whether someone has 'made good transfers' or is 'a very good team' is again not relevant to whether a team is licensed. if konami could have got the pao license i'm sure they would have. but again there are many possible reasons why they didn't, too many that i don't want to speculate about them.

@ afc lightning and mart - both very good points 8)

I thought Konami licensed the Top 2 placed teams from the Prem, hence Chelsea and Arsenal last time and i'm guessing Chelsea and Man utd this time.

I never play as any of these teams, so i'm not too bothered.

it's not necessarily the top two teams, it's just two teams of konami's choice. maybe they picked the top two last season, but things could be different now.

let me re-iterate - there are magazine scans and press releases showing screenshots of PES6, and in the small print there is text something along the lines of 'the arsenal badge, and the cannon... are used under license from arsenal fc plc ltd...' lol something like that anyway. this basically tells us that arsenal are licensed in PES6.

http://videogamerx.gamedonga.co.kr/bbs/data/usernews/we_ds.jpg

...look at the text at the bottom.

Last edited:
It would have made sense to get rid Arsenal since they are without a stadium at the moment after moving away from Highbury.

Benfranco Cozoni said:
It would have made sense to get rid Arsenal since they are without a stadium at the moment after moving away from Highbury.

and still they come :roll:

it's just a game man, they don't need to dump them from the game just because they've moved stadium!

i hope so if united is licenced i will be so happy drop the damm chelsea because no 1 like them and arsenal and united in yeahhh, plzz let it be true, and i think terry will feauture in the engeland strip and adriano in the inter strip, woow the best news in times

edit: guys if you look good on the bottom of the page it say manchester ... is also licensed so great news but the only problem is that it says crest 1997??? will they have the old crest,

here is the proof: http://videogamerx.gamedonga.co.kr/bbs/data/usernews/we_ds.jpg look on the bottom

Last edited:
I don't think Chelsea was dropped, I think Man U was added, the thing about only 2 teams that can be liscensed is just a rumor, there are other Football games besides Fifa that has the entire English Premier League, so that's it for that

also on the PES5 there was no credit at the bottom for Chelsea like there was for Arsenal, it's all a matter contract obligation and the such

titi henry said:
edit: guys if you look good on the bottom of the page it say manchester ... is also licensed so great news but the only problem is that it says crest 1997??? will they have the old crest,

nah what it is united being the corporate force that they are droped the 'football club' from there crest and regestered there badge as a trade mark just stating 'manchester united' which they intended to create more of a brand than a football club and to stop people selling unoffical merchendice.

bennyk said:
the thing about only 2 teams that can be liscensed is just a rumor

No, it's not.

Remember Club Football? They had the same problem and it was explained everywhere when that was in development, it's not a rumour it's a sad fact!

Back
Top Bottom