Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 - 13/14

Lille are in lockdown mode. Crazy record, they're like last seasons OM multiplied by ten.

nah, mate. Those 14 clean sheets are all on Enyeama. The guy is beast of a keeper, he kept them on too many games, it's just unbelievable at this level.

Yep, him and Eduardo. I'm sure Messi still wonders how he never scored a single goal in that game against Nigeria.

yes, eduardo, and finally! :D I was always thinking like "who was the other one? portuguese but ricardo or patricio? no, not one of these two. ah, anyway, screw it."

and he played in turkey last season.

and stekelenburg was ridiculously showing off in the tournament.

Enyeama? So that's Nigerian gk who played in WC 2010? He's on Lille?

I was wondering after WC 2010 what happen to that guy and where he play, and why not a big team (Baca) doesn't go for him!

Glad to hear he's playing well at Lille

Just a word about Mickael Landreau who beat the record of the games number in Ligue 1/1ere division this week : 603

The spirit of La Paillade isn't there anymore ...
I'm just happy that Cabella will stay with us until the end of the season.

hey, guys. a question for you. is ribery of french descent? I always thought he was an expatriate like most of the other french nt players but can't find any source that confirms this.

hey, guys. a question for you. is ribery of french descent? I always thought he was an expatriate like most of the other french nt players but can't find any source that confirms this.

he is pure french.
converted to Islam after married with algerian wife
maybe that's why we can think he is expatriate

whoa, very interesting. thanks tunizizou. makes me wonder how many (or little) the number of great footballers played for france who are of french descent is. ginola, cantona, platini all are italian, zidane is berber, henry trezeguet anelka etc aren't totally french either. players like blanc, deschamps, barthez, papin, fontaine etc are quite rare. would've never guessed ribery is one of them.

Last edited:

On another note, and for the first time of my life as a Montpellier supporter, I'm fearing for my team to go to Ligue 2 after Valencienne's win against Bastia :CRY:

Didier Deschamps is obviously Basque as well but Basque French as opposed to Basque Spanish I suppose just like Bixente Lizarazu.

Don't forget many of the 'white' players still have other roots like Robert Pires (Portuguese/French)

Frank Ribery is as far as we know French but I thought his wife was Morrocan, she's Algerian?

Anyway, I wouldn't say guys like Ginola and Cantona are Italian tho, I mean there's too many French ones like that especially from Corsica, etc.

Cabaye is of course French but yes he's got partial East Asian roots.

I didn't know about Barthez having Spanish roots, are you sure?

To answer your question Kanoute, I guess Emmanuel Petit and Frank LeBouef were two of the few I guess.

Back
Top Bottom