Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 - 13/14 (PSG Ligue 1 Champion 13/14)

Best player : Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Paris SG)
Best goalkeeper : Salvatore Sirigu (Paris SG)
Best young player: Marco Verratti (Paris SG)
Best coach: René Girard (Lille)
Best goal: Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Ligue 1 team of the year (2013-2014) :

Sirigu (Paris SG) - Aurier (Toulouse), Thiago Silva (Paris), Perrin (Saint-Etienne), Kurzawa (Monaco) - Verratti (Paris SG), Thiago Motta (Paris SG), Rodriguez (Monaco) - Lacazette (Lyon), Ibrahimovic (Paris SG), Cavani (Paris SG)

And thanks to that PSG win over LOSC, now St. Etienne have somewhat of a chance to secure champions league qualification on final day!

Sochaux also team on a mission to avoid relegation over recent weeks. Final matchday should be interesting...

ye for sure and they last game is vs evian, the loser will be relegated, all or nothin' init.

Metz, Caen and Lens back to Ligue 1

And Auxerre don't go to National

Lens is back. Le derby du Nord too. Great news indeed.

Yep! I'm excited for that derby! Too big a club to be in Ligue 2 and after few years they're finally back.

Nice to have Metz and Caen back as well!

As for Sochaux, I thought they would stay up to be honest. After the way they played in last few weeks, it looked like they were going to survive but credit to Evian I guess.

Also very happy that Guigamp stayed up and (once again) won the Coupe. Great achievement for this small town team.

The spray confirmed for Ligue 1, Coupe de France and Coupe de la Ligue (Champion's League too)

3f97c.jpg

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Le-spray-debarque-en-france/482965

Re: Ligue 1 - 14/15 (August 9 - Day 1)

For those who haven't seen [it might be on every TV show on Sunday], after the game between Paris and Bastia, Brandão waited for Thiago Motta and struck him with a header in the middle of the face. He went back to his locker and Motta ran after him. Coaches and players controlled the situation right after.
Motta went to his locker with a bleeding broken nose.

So. Cameras got everything on tape.
It was clearly a premeditated physical agression towards a player outside the pitch.
He will be suspended from 6 months to 1 year, and Bastia has now the choice of supporting him trying to reduce his suspension time or just break uniliterally his contract alledging a serious misconduct.

To conclude.
I do not support any kind of aggressions on the pitch and Brandão should get a nice suspension. 6 months for me.
In his defense, Thiago Motta is the dirtiest player of Ligue 1 by far. Dirty not only in his challenges but also provocative, insulting and shouting at the referees. There is no enough insults to describe him. And this situation proves that one day someone would go after him.

Injustice isn't justified by more injustice. I don't like Motta, but you don't harm anyone on purpose. This is way over the top, what is acceptable in football, sports and society at all, Brandao should at least get half a year.

It is very simple to me : it was a premeditated act and he should serve actual jailtime.
Motta should sue him as a civil case.

Last edited:

Motta is by far one of the biggest assholes to have ever played in Ligue 1 (even bigger than Barton) but Brandao's reaction is totally unacceptable.

We got what we deserved.
We simply cannot compete vs the top teams.
Good refereeing btw (even if Lacazette's tacle on Congré deserved a red card, I genuinely wanted the ref to not blow the game up by giving it).

Fekir was amazing, and what can I say about Gourcuff; you just have to be happy for him whatever team you support.

Good game overall to watch, even for me, as a Montpellier fan.

Oh my God what match. I can't even describe how I feel right now. First Juve, not ASSE. We literally ripped Lyon apart! :D

Amazing match.

And it happened! Lyon are on top of the league.

Lacazette is on beast mode this year, he and Fékir are the reason Lyon is the leader now.

Yep don't forget the captain!

Gonalons looked a very well-rounded player even on the day he made his senior Lyon debut quite a few years ago! Very mature and complete even at that age. One of my favorite players.

indeed
Gonalons got to be the most underrated player in ligue 1 (Sertic comes second imo) .
the lad is one of the most consistent players in the last 4 season.

Lucas Barrios scored a hat trick.
I repeat, LUCAS BARRIOS JUST SCORED A FUCKING HAT TRICK !!
We maybe a mid-table team with an average squad, but we're only 4 points behind Monaco :BOP:

Well, that's Jardim for you.

Although it seems to be working quite well for them, Arsenal won't even know what hit them when the two face each other.

Crazy game agaisnt PSG and Caen !

Paris SG : Ibrahimovic 2', Lavezzi 39'
SM Caen : Sala 89', Bazile 92'

5 injuries for PSG ! Cabaye, Marquinhos, Aurier, Lucas and Matuidi
Paris finish the game at nine versus eleven, without red card.

Back
Top Bottom