Links 2004

Chris Davies

Chief PESsimist
Staff
14 May 2003
UK
Tranmere Rovers
I did a search for a previous Links 2004 topic but there weren't any, so don't shout... ;)

I've only just got this magnificent wonder of a golf game (seriously though, what a game), but I can't find a game on it on Live, there doesn't seem to be anybody on any more (I know, I'm 2/3 years too late, but I love this game). Are there any good community sites where people are playing regularly? I had a quick look on Google but they all seem to be clans where it takes three months and a copy of your birth certificate to be considered.

For those who don't know, it's supported on the 360 now, so if you've got it, add me to your gamertag list and get online. :)

have you tried hosting a game, I got this yesterday, excellent game, I got a game on live straight away by hosting, I will add you anyway, as it should be a fair match mine is AndyLFC5

• Staff
Strange, I've tried hosting for half an hour and found no takers... Perhaps it's too early in the day? :eh:

• Staff
Well I've left it on hosting a game for an hour and absolutely no takers.

I love the game, it's a shame it's been abandoned for Tiger "why play realistic golf when you can work magic" Woods.

I will give you a game tonight Jack if you are about, I have nowt better to do anyway

• Staff
I'll hold you to that!

After hosting for another half an hour I finally got hold of someone - played two games, in both I was in the lead by two or three until the 15th hole, fluffed it by hitting it way too short (hooked it wildly into the water in the second game), and then lost by one shot.

Absolutely loving this game. I'll have to put that in my sig, "for the ultimate sports sim, choose Links 2004 instead of PES6" ;)

Last edited:
Links 2004 hasn't been abandoned for Tiger, its just that a new version hasn't been released. I can't see one being released either. The sad thing is that there was a 2005 version planed, then the dev team got told to move it to the 360. Some of the ideas they had were amazing. For example when playing a cpu or human player you would watch there shot from your view point on the course. Once the ball was in the distance it swithed to a landing cam. That would have made the game really immersive. They also had a complete Ryder Cup style of play lined up.

Damn Take Two!!!!

That sounds like it would have been fantastic. I hope somehow the license is rescued and someone makes a good job of it.

Just playing CW... I thought I was good before this. How he hits a power-shot every single time I have no idea.

Looks like I've got a new game to practice!

Edit: CW was 4-up at one point... On the last hole it was reduced to 1-up... Managed a birdie... And then... *Gasp* CW... Gets... A birdie. :(

What an amazing game though, I've spent £150+ on new games this week (Football Manager 2007, Battlefield 2, Splinter Cell DA, FIFA 07 pre-order and this, must be mad) and Links is the best by far (and it only cost a fiver!).

Last edited:
Links is best played on the maximum difficulty. The only thing that I disliked about the game was the way that the measurment to the hole could be in inches, and the length your club could hit could be in yards, making judging how hard to hit the ball very hard.

Love Links, if I had my non-modded Xbox with me right now I'd definately play on Live. The reason there's been no new version is because EA made Microsoft drop their sports range in exchange for EA games being on Live, a stupid move if you ask me, there's a better version of practically every EA Sports game, Pro Evo > FIFA, Links > Tiger Woods, ESPN2K5 > Madden.

Back
Top Bottom