List of 'big' games

the_thing

ps3!
4 August 2004
Toronto
Juve, MU
if u havent noticed already some matches in WE9 have special player entrances. Konami thinks these r 'big games' or sumthing like that. i was just curious wut konami thinks a big game is so i thought we could make a list of them that u have seen or think are big games.
the ones ive seen so far are:
ac milan - inter milan
chelsea - arsenal
england - wales

Wait, is this a list of games Konami give the "big game" effects to, or a list of real-life "big games"?

Chris Davies said:
Wait, is this a list of games Konami give the "big game" effects to, or a list of real-life "big games"?
list of games konami give the 'big game' effect to....i think...

Paris SG vs Marseille I guess... there had already a special "before-match effect" in pes4...

man utd vs city ? liverpool vs everton ? lyon vs st-etienne ?

sorry for don't test these myself...

just found out that italy - france isn't considered a 'big game'... :shock: wut r konami thinking??!!
another one i found:
portugal - greece (euro 2004 final :p)

I don't know if this is in we9, seeing how I don't have it, but I really hope Konami put in Brazil-Argentina...if they didn't, I think I'm gonna have to kill someone...lol.

danzing87 said:
exactly how different are these entrance movies?

cutscene closeup of home fans, camera sweep of the stadium showing both 'ultras' holding their banners (supporter flags). teams supporter flags (top two flags from the bmp's) superimposed onto placards held up by the fans. some stadiums have unique special effects, like San Siro has "La terra santa del calcio" projected onto parts of the stadium, 'batman signal' style.

SPMC said:
cutscene closeup of home fans, camera sweep of the stadium showing both 'ultras' holding their banners (supporter flags). teams supporter flags (top two flags from the bmp's) superimposed onto placards held up by the fans. some stadiums have unique special effects, like San Siro has "La terra santa del calcio" projected onto parts of the stadium, 'batman signal' style.
if u play at night at the sapporo dome it shows a 'laser show' that projects the konami logo onto the middle of the field.

you're right.

btw, here's a vid (from ML...opener? i forgot)...

i changed 'La terra santa calcio' to 'we are a football tribe',
but 'football' gets truncated in one scene. it looks okay on the towers tho'.

SPMC said:
you're right.

btw, here's a vid (from ML...opener? i forgot)...

i changed 'La terra santa calcio' to 'we are a football tribe',
but 'football' gets truncated in one scene. it looks okay on the towers tho'.
wut bmp or str did u change to get 'we are a football tribe'?

the_thing said:
wut bmp or str did u change to get 'we are a football tribe'?

O_TEXT

10208 #35
10219 #35
& 10230 #36

tribe.png

Last edited:
one of the options in the cup/league menu screen is for the entrance scene - one is to have it on, one is to have it off and one is for big games only. i think it probably depends on the round/stage more than the teams but i could well be wrong....

Back
Top Bottom