LittleBigPlanet

Friends join Old Snake in upcoming LBP costume pack

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/12/17/friends-join-old-snake-in-upcoming-lbp-costume-pack/

The cat's out of the bag. The Sony Hong Kong website has let slip details of the upcoming Metal Gear Solid LittleBigPlanet DLC. The content has grown substantially since we first saw Old Snake at TGS in October. He'll be joined by his buddies Meryl, Screaming Mantis and, if you buy the character pack, Raiden. Not only that but a level construction pack will also be made available. We have a feeling it'll include something quite surprising ...

There's no telling when these will be made available, or for how much, but we assume they'll be with us quite soon if they're already being listed on the Sony HK site. Would make a nice Christmas present during next week's Xmas Eve PSN Store update.

metalgearsolid4sackboypacks171208425-1.jpg

That was awesome, I hope its released by Thursday.

Two days; two LittleBigPlanet updates. Updates 1.06 and 1.07 for LitleBigPlanet have arrived right next to each other, bringing big changes to level moderation and an in-game store for buying LBP goodies.

Update 1.06 actually hit while we were in the middle of recording a very special LittleBigPlanet podcast, which was fun. It added some new features to level moderation, including the ability for unpublished levels to be edited by their creators rather than disappearing forever, and actual explanations for creators who've had their creations removed from circulation. Now they'll not only know what they did wrong, but they'll also be able to fix it! What a brilliant idea!

Update 1.07 just hit this morning, bringing with it new, easier ways to search for user-created levels, and (finally) a LittleBigStore in the game, where you can purchase and download the latest DLC. It even put the new free Christmas DLC into my cart without me asking it to, which was rather nifty.

LittleBigPlanet is constantly evolving, and these two update are excellent examples of how user feedback is taken into consideration as they update and modify the experience.

I've done my first level. I said previously in this thread that I was going to make a kind of "greeting card" for xmas for my girlfriend. Finally I did it and I published it.

You'll find it (if you're curious) by my psn tag, which is Drekkard.

I put some hours into making it. First I had to learn how to make things. I have to say the game is impressive and the engine is very well done. The edit mode is one of the biggest things that have happened in my life as a player. It was so nice making it that I'm already planning an "officially good" level, challenging and nice.

This one is a little rushed, and I got some ideas by the way that couldn't make it into the final level because of time (I had to do it in one day!).

So, I told my girlfriend she had to do something to have her xmas present (a pair of dancing sneakers) and she got really surprised with the level. We always play together this game and she enjoyed the surprise a lot! I told her she had to find the 6 hearts hidden in the level and she did. There's not much difficulty and there are some problems in the design of the level, but she was really pleased with it (no one had ever done something like that for her :D)

And she earned her xmas present. I published the level as OPEN so anyone can copy it, edit and make a romantic present in this dates! You can personalize the level with the name of your girlfriend (I did it in my local version, the one I publish doesn't have her name in it).

Have to say the Audio and Design of this game is so brilliant that it really deserves GOTY to me. Really a great experience.

I played the Metal Gear content the other day with a friend.. well yesterday in fact. It's really well put together and looks like it took a bloody long time to create. I don't own the content so i couldn't keep any unlocks but i did get to use the paint gun in the game which is very nice and i really missed it on the levels we played after that.

The Metal gear stuff is good but it gets hard, not that I'm complaining I love a challenge. I think it's well worth the money and I don't say that often. I deffo recommend a download, I mean I don't even like MGS that much but I love this!

You may have heard whispers a few months back about LittleBigPlanet and the first-person perspective. Well, whispers be damned. Media Molecule already have the game running in first-person.

Speaking with IGN, Media Molecule's Alex Evans has - in response to questions about a first-person LBP - shown the site how the game's levels can be played not just in a first-person perspective, but in a third-person, Gears of War perspective as well.

Course, this doesn't mean some FP version of the game is OMGconfirmed, as it was only done to showcase the versatility of both the game and its engine.

But for a game that's all about flexibility and choice, it's certainly feasible that, some day, players will be given the chance to switch between camera perspectives.

Nice :D

I had heard this too. I hope it turns out to be true. I remember that they said they had something planned that would really shock the LBP fanbase. Just think of the possibilites of a 1st/3rd person view. You could make a whole FPS shooter! :)

What's happening with it? I assume you've still got it on your Create planet right? Stupid question I know but I have to ask. If it's locked, you won't be able to do anything til you unlock it, its simple to do.

Well you need to re-download it back onto your planet, then you should be able to edit it. You can't edit anything that isn't on your planet.

you made it in the beta so it was copied across for the community servers but not for your save data so that's why it's not on your planet but we can still play it

Can't you put levels made on the Beta back on your planet then? That's a bit crap if so. I'm looking forward to seeing more levels from you though jay.

Back
Top Bottom