LittleBigPlanet

CW

C Dub
Founding Member
6 October 2001
Liverpool
Ok, after watching the e3 stuff and the trailers for this over the last few months this will be the game for me that sells the console.

I will trawl through the other threads and get all the media for this game today and hopefully this thread will keep ticking over til the games release

Vids

http://www.gameswank.com/content/view/66/1/

http://www.gamespot.com/video/938583/6174874/littlebigplanet-stage-demo

LittleBigPlanet E3 2007 HD

LittleBigPlanet 'Customize' trailer http://gamevideos.com/video/id/11574

Last edited:
Am I the only one who just doesn't get it?

What do you do, race to the end of the screen?

i can't wait for this either!

i wonder if there will be online play?

i can't wait for this either!

i wonder if there will be online play?

8 player co-op :)

Anyone who doesnt quite get it just watch the videos CW posted at the start. Racing to the end of the level is probably the thing the game encourages the least ;)

8 player co-op :)

Anyone who doesnt quite get it just watch the videos CW posted at the start. Racing to the end of the level is probably the thing the game encourages the least ;)

8 player!

where did you find this?

Create a level with 7 other people online sounds pretty mad. Since I first heard about this game, I couldn't wait. Now, having seen more recent videos, I'm even more excited.

I had heard they are limiting it to an 8 player co-op game online otherwise it gets a bit too hectic

@JB Its a platformer. There will be proper levels to play through as well as the doss about stuff that we have seen so far

It looks like fun, but to me its far more of a download game that is an added bonus then one to buy a console for.
Also the fact that you need co-op online play is always going to be a fragile point with the amount of online tossers about. How much fun could it be for them to go through 3/4 a level then to not do anything and hear all the others moaning and shouting.

It doesnt do anything for me, same as home tbh.

Also the fact that you need co-op online play is always going to be a fragile point with the amount of online tossers about. How much fun could it be for them to go through 3/4 a level then to not do anything and hear all the others moaning and shouting.
Exactly what I was thinking. As soon as I saw the first video of it I thought "that looks like it could be such a brilliant game, if it wasn't for the fact that 99% of online gamers are complete and utter twats".

If it was locked so that you could only play with friends, perhaps it wouldn't be so bad then. But saying that, even the guys on your friendlist can be twats sometimes (naming no names ;)).

Well I never play online with people I dont know, so for me gonna be great.

Innovative, fresh and fun!

Just a few words that first came to mind when I saw the previews. Anyone remember Parappa the Rappa? I loved that game. I know I know, it may be childish, but, it was something we weren't used to and it kept you interested to see how it will play out.

This game is eons past that and it lets people who want to kill time and share ideas do so. Yeah, there are idiots all over this planet, but, there are always people who go for quality as well, so, it should be worth it! We'll see though...

I just don't get this game - whats it's all about? I have just seen little guys running around building platforms.

I just don't get this game - whats it's all about? I have just seen little guys running around building platforms.
What he said.

Graphics aside I'm just not seeing what the fuss is about - and no, it doesn't have to be an FPS to get my interest. I'm not a big fan of FPS games, but I'm not a big fan of the latest Mario either. Guitar Hero and Rock Band show how "different" games can be done, but I can see how great they are as soon as I see someone playing the guitar or whatever. I just don't get this concept, at all.

The idea is you have to go from A to B, from the very left of the screen to the very right of the screen. But you need other players to operate all of the machinery etc. to get you there (preferably friends, otherwise you'll get random online knobs who will invariably fuck off and leave you at the start with no way to finish the level). A lot is being made of the customisation and creation options, things like the level designers and the object builders. But I've always hated things like that, I buy a game to play a game, not design it.

I'm all for innovation but it sounds as dull as dishwater to me. Mind you, I thought that about Katamari, and I ended up thinking it was great (although I only played it for a week and no way was it worth full-price).

Well, it's ages since I was looking a game to play with my wife, cooperative, no shooting and no sports. That will do. I follow the development of this game since... well, since the beggining, I think it's gonna be one of these "social" games that have a big impact on the majority of people out there that doesn't like videogames, mainly because they are focused to young males. That, like the sims, brain training and the wii is a game focused to spend a little nice time with someone. I like it, mainly because the coding seems brilliant and the interface is clean and simple.

Said that... it would be a lot easier if my girlfriend like Fifa. Then I wouldn't need to look for games like this one! Cheap joke, I know.

Well, it's ages since I was looking a game to play with my wife, cooperative, no shooting and no sports. That will do. I follow the development of this game since... well, since the beggining, I think it's gonna be one of these "social" games that have a big impact on the majority of people out there that doesn't like videogames, mainly because they are focused to young males. That, like the sims, brain training and the wii is a game focused to spend a little nice time with someone. I like it, mainly because the coding seems brilliant and the interface is clean and simple.

Said that... it would be a lot easier if my girlfriend like Fifa. Then I wouldn't need to look for games like this one! Cheap joke, I know.

Imagine if you could get your wife AND girlfriend to play games with you at the same time?! That is my idea of heaven.

The main aim is for people to create their own levels and share them online, people will then be able to rate them etc.

There is a actual game in there and it can be played alone (single player - not co op).

There are also developers that are/will be making their own levels for the game and a beta is due soon.

Imagine if you could get your wife AND girlfriend to play games with you at the same time?! That is my idea of heaven.

I think of her as my wife or my girlfriend depending on what I have in mind... You see, if she plays Fifa she is insntantly a hot girlfriend. If she wants to watch a soap opera, she becomes my wife again.

Anyway, it's about time that kind of games really work. In websites, there are similar experiences. The power of thousands of people creating its own levels is, theorically, vastly superior to the resources of developers. I know a lot of levels will be junk, but it's not a game to "compete". It's a game to have fun. Almost all games are oriented to compete, to win, to kill, to... I miss the times when I simply had fun.

Meh, maybe it's just that I'm getting old.

Back
Top Bottom