LittleBigPlanet

:LOL:

boxart.jpg

More high res pics here

I think it's one of those games that you either love or hate, because it is really different to other games out there at the minute.

Oooo hellloooo some good stuff there! But I hope they patch it before they put any of it up, look what's happened since the MGS pack, nothing at all will save. :(

levels I've played (there aren't that many)

mario brothers level, human body one, the heist part 1 and erm.. i can't remember any others except Jays evo level from the beta and tobi's levels from there

Here's the updates for the next two months! just thought people might be interested!

March 12 : St Patrick's Day costume : FREE (Now available untill 26th March!)
Put your Sackboy in the mood for March 17th with a suitable outfit to celebrate with.

March 19 : Killzone Mini-pack :$2.99/€2.99 (available permanently)

Containing Sev and Helghast costumes along with 32 themed stickers this mini-pack contains everything you need to bring Killzone to LittleBigPlanet.

March 26 : Buzz! costume : $1.99/€1.99 (available permanently)
Celebrating the European release of the latest Buzz! we bring you the costume of the main man himself.

April 2 : Patapon costume : $1.99/€1.99 (available permanently)
Patapon 2 has hit the streets so it's high time that Sackboy took up the challenge with this costume including a selection of weapon options.

April 9 : Heavenly Sword Mini-pack : $2.99/€2.99 (available permanently)
Containing costumes for both Kai and Nariko along with 27 Heavenly Sword themed stickers.

April 16 : Monkey King costume : FREE (available permanently)
The costume competition winning design from Asia - the Monkey King.

Media Molecule is offering a free woollen Sackboy toy to literally everybody in the UK and Ireland.

According to the Mm website (thanks Offworld), all you have to do is subscribe to the LBP YouTube channel.

Then you either message Sony through the YouTube system or email littlebigplanet@scee.net with your name and address.

Offworld speculates that the Sackboy toy in question is the Japanese keychain version. We hope it's one of these.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/free-sackboy-toy-for-everyone-in-the-uk

Done, I hope its a good decent size.

I had a look and the subscribers total was at 7000+ when i subscribed to them. Still worth a try though.

I didn't get a Sackboy.

I got a general email and it didn't ask me for my details.

Media Molecule's Alex Evans has revealed that LittleBigPlanet will be getting a web-based portal that users can easily share and advertise their levels on.

This, he told 1UP at the Nordic Game Conference in Sweden this week, abolishes the need for self promotion on forum - as each creation is given a custom URL that we can opt to queue for download next time we turn our PS3 on.

The portal also offers leaderboards, photos and comments. Mm will even offer the tools for us to create custom LBP-related applications on websites like Flickr and Google Earth.

Evans said the portal is currently being beta tested, with a launch planned "as soon as possible".

Media Molecule is also hard at work on a PSP version of LittleBigPlanet. We expect to hear and perhaps see more at E3.

Sounds good, I should get back into playing this again.

Media Molecule have stepped up their game big time the last couple of days. First we got the annoncement of the LBP GOTY Edition, this is a version of LBP with over 30 $ worth of DLC and the original greatness of course for only 60 bucks. This includes stuff like the Paintinator and the MGS pack, and some other costume packs. You will also get 18 new bonus levels, created by normal guys like you and me who have made extraordinary levels already. This will be original new levels. You will also get interviews on each single creator.

To give this even further value, some of the buyers of this GOTY Editioned LBP will also get the ModNation Racers beta voucher which is the next entry into the Play. Create. Share genre. This is a kart-racer where you can build your own track and design your own car and driver, if you get one of the limited amount of GOTY LBP's out there you will get to try this new game out online before the release in 2010.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/08/17/announcing-littlebigplanet-–-game-of-the-year-edition/

Secondly they have made another great addition when it comes to makeing levels, now you can finally put water in! Just not water that makes you die when you enter it, but the kind of water we see in Super Mario underwater levels! Your Sackboy can now swim which opens up much more possibilities before, I am still eager to se if the Paintinator work underwater, but from the trailer it looks very good. The trailer can be viewed here:

http://www.mediamolecule.com/2009/08/18/just-add-water/

-

Hopefully the GOTY Edition will be in Europe as well

Water is great, let's see how does it work in levels, if you have to get out to breathe, etc... Great to creat new levels!

Strange email today...

Welcome to the LittleBigPlanet Beta Trial!

You have been selected to take part in the LittleBigPlanet™ Beta, yay!

We’d like you to join us for an exclusive Beta Trial of LittleBigPlanet, which contains a preview of forthcoming game improvements.

You’ll find all the information you’ll need to jump on into the beta and get started in this email, so please read it thoroughly, no skimming now.

Information about the Beta Trial Feedback

The beta trial will be held in week long chunks starting on 17th February.

After each week of play there will be a brief gap while any issues arising from the first stage of the trial are resolved.

Should updates to the trial version of the game be required these will be applied as the trial progresses.

Exclusive content rewards!

As a beta tester for this Beta, you will be rewarded with the Beta Test Vest as a thank you for your participation. It will also be possible to earn a Beta Bug Blaster Hazmat costume, a prize we give only to those testers who go above and beyond the call of duty to provide us with bugs and feedback, or generally make themselves very useful. There may also be some creative beta challenges, which will give players another way to win one of these rare and very sought after costumes. These costumes are only available from participation in the beta.

-

What are they beta testing now?

I just checked my inbox and found an email from them about LBP beta as well.

I'm quite late to the party :DOH:

Anyone else tried this?

I never did redeem mine. I asked on the eu forums and water is already out so im not sure what id be testing.

I tried it but no idea myself. It takes me to the same screen where the 3 planets are. I've no idea what's new?

Back
Top Bottom