Liverpool vs. AC Milan

• Thread starter Loewenberger
  • Start date
Gerd I agree with most things you said apart from the thought that Milan should buy younger players. I don't think age had anything to with that capitulation, the simple fact is they thought they had won it at half-time, like everyone else did too. Or maybe you mean for the future, if so then perhaps I agree more but I still think this Milan team could play next season at the highest level.

Congratulations Liverpool, when you feel how I felt last night and it's not even your team, it's special.

CWright said:
I would love to write such a reasoned and fantastic post as gerd above me but I cant be arsed.

:lol:
I'm a Man Utd fan and even I almost cried.
It was like the entire planet was behind Liverpool that night.

If you go back and actually think about what just happened, its still unbelievable.

Its like it was just destined to happen.

Classic , i was thinking about the future and not only about next season (and indeed not about yesterday's match).

RuneEdge said:
:lol:
I'm a Man Utd fan and even I almost cried.

Are you sure your a man yoo fan?:lol:

Well done liverpool truly an amazing game, love the comments left at half time by some people!

RuneEdge said:
Could someone explain to me why I have goosebumps?
It is a result of sudden, increased sympathetic outflow. Cutaneous vasoconstriction occurs with activation of arrector muscles to lever up their associated hairs.

read from p3 for the ingame commentary v.funny...

I know i posted this in the L'pool thread, but i need to know where to find that clip on sky sports news with the raging bull music in the background and the highlights of last night's match. Does anyone know what i'm on about?

Anyone Realized that all 11 goals went to the same Goal :mrgreen:

crayon said:
Gotta say I have been crying too.

MAn, i was crying, too, as were other fans in the pub. All day at work yesterday i looked at pictures from the internet and wiped tears. Then, when everyone left the office, i played YNWA. . like 10 fucking times and wept like a baby. lmao.. . and I have only followed 'pool for about 3 years, but there is something magical about this team and their legion of fans. Not even my lifelong love for the Chicago Bears or the Indy Colts has matched this.

It's amazing how much this club, and this improbable run means to people from all over the world. The international crowd at the pub danced, sang and celebrated like the world had won that game. Every person with a cross to bear, a point to prove, a struggle to endure won the game. I think the setting, the fact that it was a final, and the circumstance transformed the moment into much more than a footy game . .struggle, humility, sacrifice, Belief, and creating destiny. .

. . that wasn't merely a footy game unfolding before us. . this was the Human Experience. This was Life. . :cry: :cheers:

ghazi said:
MAn, i was crying, too, as were other fans in the pub. All day at work yesterday i looked at pictures from the internet and wiped tears. Then, when everyone left the office, i played YNWA. . like 10 fucking times and wept like a baby. lmao.. . and I have only followed 'pool for about 3 years, but there is something magical about this team and their legion of fans. Not even my lifelong love for the Chicago Bears or the Indy Colts has matched this.

It's amazing how much this club, and this improbable run means to people from all over the world. The international crowd at the pub danced, sang and celebrated like the world had won that game. Every person with a cross to bear, a point to prove, a struggle to endure won the game. I think the setting, the fact that it was a final, and the circumstance transformed the moment into much more than a footy game . .struggle, humility, sacrifice, Belief, and creating destiny. .

. . that wasn't merely a footy game unfolding before us. . this was the Human Experience. This was Life. . :cry: :cheers:

Well said mate....
all I remember was when I watched us go 3 down, I just kept
praying to God to make Liverpool win....I still did not lose
hope, I felt one goal would change things....but 3 in 6 minutes
was miraculous....what a feeling to have won this....
after 21 years....amazing.
I'm still on a high...thinking about the game.

Back
Top Bottom