Long distance shooting - to easy?

timsmith10000

LEICESTER CITY!
18 August 2003
Leicester
I normally played with the game with the camera on default long. I never used to score goals outside the box. But ever since I tried out the wide camera angle im scoring like a biatch! I can have shots from just inside there half, and a lot of them either go in or get tipped over. From doing this for the past few days, it makes me wonder, are long shots to easy or am i just good at them? :)

Are you any good at long shots?

nope mate, you are just probably the best interplanetary WE shooter.

I love these "I can dribble past the whole oposition 3 times, is the game too easy" threads, but don't get me wrong, I'm not mocking you, just find it very funny :)

Mauras said:
nope mate, you are just probably the best interplanetary WE shooter.

I love these "I can dribble past the whole oposition 3 times, is the game too easy" threads, but don't get me wrong, I'm not mocking you, just find it very funny :)

I agree with Muaras, you be the best shooter. IMO long shooting is 'easier' to pull of in WE8:LE, but definitely not easier to score. Depending on the players, what stance/position he's in when shooting, rolling ball, dead ball, layoff and other factors. Pulled of a few screamers so far, into the bottom corner using Zidane, Ronaldo, Adriano.

However haven't scored anything from over 27M mark. Somehow I can never get R.Carlos to score these, I know his shot accuracy isn;t too good, but I do try to control power as best as I can.(anyway not a problem for me).

I'm still having loads of fun playing right now.

Cheers all.

I agree with the above, I always find those threads about scoring from more than 30m funny. Some claim to score from their half!! I know it is not impossible, but defintley it is not easy at all. To me, it doesn't even worth the try, cause I will end up loosing the ball. When my defender or midfeild has the ball, I hit square and let the power bar to the maximum, the ball barely reaches the six yard.

Do I need to change something in the setting to have strong long shots able to travel this long distance, not alone score?

I agree with the original poster. I have scored plenty of goals from just inside their half. The problem is that the keeper is always off his line and he doesnt seem to be able to go backwards! Note that you should never use a chip shot for more than 30 yards. Perhaps this is where some of you are going wrong.

I'm absolutely crap at shooting, well, compared with you guys anyway! I've been unlucky quite often, I keep hitting the post or the crossbar when I drill long range efforts! As for half way line or anything over 35m, I don't even bother, echoing Observer_, "possession is 9/10ths of the law"

My amte and i find it much easier scoring long distance shots on the Xbox version of Pro Evo 4, than on the PS2.........i dont' kno why?!?!?!

I had a spell where I was scoring wonder goals, one from the half way line with Gerrard....volleys from all over the shop, but with time you realise they rarely go in so don't do so many blasts from afar,the volleys can have real pace and power and with luck do the buisness!

I see goals go in too often when shot from just inside the opponents half. Konami seriously need to fix this in WE9. Goalkeepers generally are off their line (in real life) when play is so far out so Konami don't need to change that in the game, but they need to make the goalkeepers react quicker. As soon as the ball is stuck for goal they should be running back, but at the moment they just watch the ball until it floats above the penalty area and then decide to run back when its to late.

its about right, in real life alot of goals are being scored from outside of the box,i believe if it wasnt normal people would've luanch " TOO HARD SHOOTING" threads

I have been scoring ridiculous long range efforts on the game since WE 7 international. I have also been able to do the same on Pes4 xbox and ps2 versions. I don't see this as necessarily a bad thing it proves they have improved the shooting its just that they really need to increase the goal keeper AI to drastically high levels... I want better goalkeepers!

Back
Top Bottom