L'oreal & PES5 - Going on line - because it's worth it?

Is she worth it?!

• Total voters
T

The Original Spikester

Hello,

Seriously considering sorting out some interweb connection at home so I can play on-line pes (as well as a few other games).

What's your experience, is it worth getting the gubbins for this?

VOTE NOW!

Where's the poll. if we're supposed to vote? :D

I vot for yes though, I mean, why on earth not?!

Cheer's Darster,

Thats 100% vot(e) so far, do you have the game yet meeester?

I do not sir Spikey, I'm waiting for Play to deliver mine, so it should be Monday.

I may however cave in and get it over the weekend, we shall see. ;)

Oh, I added a poll for you.

Dar said:
Where's the poll. if we're supposed to vote? :D

I vot for yes though, I mean, why on earth not?!

Nice one matey! You is da interweb genius! :cool:

10 votes?! I'm worse than Dr Fox....

Maybe we should introduce another item to vote for, like when bird flu strikes will online be a neccesity for playing with your mates???

*bump* :)

*bump*

Has there only been 20 people to have tried this on-line - the world is smaller than I thought...

:roll:

I must say I'm disappointed so far. I have an 2048/256 connection but I'm experiencing lag all the time. I only play against players with 3 green connection arrows but it still lags.

Have anyone noticed lag in the first half and slowdown in the second? It's really annoying to be client and have lag and then when it's my turn to host a half - the game slows down.

Right - I'm pretty much persuaded by the 90% vote (30 votes, pah).

Me being non techno savvy - what's the best deal for the best bandwidth for interweb? I don't think I have any cable my side of the street. Anybody help?

it really depends on who you play and how they are using their connection. Played clockender and the game was great with hardly any lag at all. Same with shankly for the evo league. However a lot of the time when you play random people its pretty crap compared to the actual offline game

tiktiktiktik said:
it really depends on who you play and how they are using their connection. Played clockender and the game was great with hardly any lag at all. Same with shankly for the evo league. However a lot of the time when you play random people its pretty crap compared to the actual offline game

So I can get away with a 56k modem then? ;)

tiktiktiktik said:

Yes that game was good. I have probably the slowest downstream speed you can get away with 512K but by upload is 256K. My connection is fast enough for a good match, plus I using Internet connection sharing at the same time, although I make sure the internet is not being used when I am playing PES5 :mrgreen:

I have played about 40 games, with only 1 so bad it was unplayable (well he did have a red connection and I was desperate for a match!). I had another 2/3 games where there was a little bit of lag but nothing that made it too bad. All my other games have been lovely!

Last edited:
Okay, so in English what should I get????

I could ask me mates tomorrow (PES & England game - yes Crouchy has made my squad!), but your opinions are welcome.

Clockender said:
I use virgin.net, £14.99 a month for up to a 2Mb connection!

Thanks, just have to wait for my arse of a lodger to move out, he's a bit pc nerd and has badgered me to get a phone connection, like yeah, when you buy some toilet roll or toothpaste, stop leaving sponges in the washing up bowl when it's full of water (or buy replacement ones), buy washing up liquid, hoover once in a blue moon, empty the rubbish, lock the front door, close windows when it's cold out, stop sighing in that irritating way, not treat his girlf like an animal, get a job, stop leaving lights on making the place like fooking Blackpool Illuminations in the middle of the day or maybe and this is asking a bit much... pay me rent.

You see we get on well ;)

Oh I'm pretty petty now days (I turn the heating off in the house before I leave for work).

Roll on the 1st of Dec, when he stops darkening my door step and I can play PES onLiNEs!!!!!11111eleventy11111

Oh... finished rant. *feels better* :D

Anybody else have suggestions??

Dar said:
Have some Indian food for dinner tonight. :thumbup:

That is what you meant....right?

Hmm maybe, not sure what the twunt does, I have my own stash of bog roll (or the mrs'd have me guts), in fact I'd rather not know what he does...

:(

So Dar mr interwebdude what connection do yous say?

The Original Spikester said:
So Dar mr interwebdude what connection do yous say?

I'm not really sure mate, I'd go with one with a decent upload as well as download, its usually a standard of 256kbps upload, which is good enough, but if you can manage better, it's all good. ;)

Professor Nutmeg said:
I personally can't be arsed to go online. If i did, i imagine i'd be greeted by multitudes of kids with their running Ronaldinhos, no doubt.
Yes but you could also find a better class of opponent that would choose *shock* different teams and be more interested in having a laugh and good game of footy than "must try and win by being brazil" types. Me, for example. ;)

Mart said:
Yes but you could also find a better class of opponent that would choose *shock* different teams and be more interested in having a laugh and good game of footy than "must try and win by being brazil" types. Me, for example. ;)

I'm sure you'd be a joy to place against, Mart ;)

So... *pay day approachev* what can I get down a normal phone line??? Can I get a 4mb conntection? Is it worth it? Would you play with me and my puppies?

You can get whatever DSL connection you want mate. Just a matter of seeing which providers are in your area and which one has the deal to suit you. :thumbup:

Then we can play all your puppies...and their puppies puppies...and even their puppies puppies....and so on....

Puppies anyone?

dogs.gif

Dar said:
You can get whatever DSL connection you want mate. Just a matter of seeing which providers are in your area and which one has the deal to suit you. :thumbup:

Then we can play all your puppies...and their puppies puppies...and even their puppies puppies....and so on....

Puppies anyone?

Hmm puppies!!!! Love puppies - try google image search with those words and go to the second page second row of images... would fix pic but I am lame.

:roll:

Must do more research :D

DSL that is ;)

Okay, now I have a dumb as question.....

Which bit of kit do I need to buy for my vodka and slimeline tonic PS2 so I can go on line???

:shock:

Back
Top Bottom