LOST (C4/E4 Episodes - Season 2 Only)

Professor Nutmeg

ML Fanatic
3 July 2002
Master League
Starts on 10th August on Channel 4 in the UK. It's about a bunch of people stranded on a desert island following a plane crash. It's supposed to be a good series
My mate who's watched it says it's pretty good (you can find it on the net). It's been broadcasted in the States already. Any of guys seen it?

Last edited:
Re: LOST

I've seen it, quite boring US trash imo, nothing new or exciting about the concept.

Lost rocks, I watched the first season and can't wait for the second to start on September 21st. Even though it starts out a bit boring, MAKE SURE YOU KEEP WATCHING! It's getting really awesome towards the end of that season.

I'll change my statement from "I've seen it, it's trash" to "I've only seen two episodes and Kezz convinced me it gets better". ;)

I grabbed the first 8 episodes off the net when it first appeared then stopped as I thought Channel 4 would be showing it earlier than they did.

Of what I have seen its a great series with a few twists along the way

Great series, great writing, really hot chick to fall in love with. First season is available on DVD in the U.S. in September.

Here's the rub -- plane crashes, you meet the surviving characters, and week by week, you get flashbacks about these interesting characters and what happened to them before they boarded the fateful flight.

Great tapestry that's woven together -- mystery and surprises await viewers patient enough for this type of storytelling.

Plus, season 1 finale really rocks -- there's a closing segment that's really (refreshingly) bent.

Written by the guy behind Alias, which is also a fine series in its own right.

I'll be watching also - looks great from what i've seen and i've always loved a good disaster program :) Get them eating each other again

I don't watch much TV (usually just footie), but I was hooked on lost after the watching the first few episodes. It is cleverly written with some funny one liners as well as suspense and action. Though the last episode leaves more questions than provides answers (don't want to give any spoilers away). I'm eagerly waiting for the second season to start.

I never saw the series, but this reminds me a litle bit of a true story about an Uruguayan rugby team that survived a plane crash up in the Andes. In order to survive they had to eat the bodies of their fellow passengers.
Piers Paul Read wrote a book about it and in the nineties there was even a movie about it (ALIVE if my memory serves me well).

I've seen the complete 1st season and I liked it.
I'd have preferred more "realism"... who saw it should understand and the others won't have spoilers :P

Is it really sort of Lord of the Flies with grown ups instead some kids?

Im only on episode 5 myself, i downloaded the whole season 1. Really enjoying it. But i dont understand how they can extend this for another season.

Re: LOST (No spoilers please)

in eire we got it on Network 2 we are on episode 13 and it keeps gettin better and wierder this show rules

Saw the first two eps last night, quality loads of hooks to keep you interested.

One thing was a little strange though, when Kate/Annie had her flashback the back end of the plane disappeared and you could see that they were still reall high up (in the clouds), surely from that altitude no-one could survive?

If you lose the tail of your plane you have zero control I'd have thought.

Apart from that it was quality.

What is the monster? I think it's some kind of genetic mutant (Kinga from BB maybe?)

Milanista said:
Im only on episode 5 myself, i downloaded the whole season 1. Really enjoying it. But i dont understand how they can extend this for another season.

In a interview with one of the producers, he commented that they have enough material (scripts I assume) to take the show to 4 or 5 seasons.

it's a bit wierd is what the hell is in the jungle a dinosauser a that ditress signal

the junglw thing spoilt it a bit for me could of done so much more with what had happened with the crash rather than oh scary thing grabs man ect...! slighly dissapointed...

Milanista said:

JJ Abrams' other show, Alias, is going on season 5 I think -- it's basically the same story/plot every episode! but the guy's a genius re: plot twists and turning the series inside out and then back again.

No problem for him extending Lost for several more seasons.

What do you mean season 2 has been leaked? Scripts, first episode? What? It might be a bogus leak ;)

Really enjoyed it last night. I could see I'm gonna get hooked for the next couple of weeks.

That Hugo (or Huge) fella really looks like that that dog from the Muppet Show though!

Edit: found a few comparison pics :mrgreen:

Rowlf from the Muppet Show

ep_marioperez.jpg

Hugo from Lost

forum15.jpg

Last edited:

Man, I'm loving Lost. Watched the first two episodes, was instantly hooked so went to seek the next couple on the net. It's starting to get really good :)

yeah every1 knows what happens, they wake up and it was a dream, then near the end it actually happens, not sure if thell continue it or not

nah im just messing, is it worth whatching or is it 2nd rate crap

Back
Top Bottom