Lost Season 3

Re: Lost Season 3 - (SPOILERS)

October 4th - this Wednesday. Really lookin forward to it, although I don't want to be spoiled on any details of it! :) Been watching the end of Season 2 again, on Channel 4 here in England, and it's only wet me appetite more.

Every episode is available on abc.com in full, for free the day after the show or you can download the torrents like normal.

Loved it.
Beginning is awesome.
A lot of questions are in my head and I love how the show is bringing some more action. Nice.

Just had breakfast & watched it. I take it this thread is fine for talking about anything already aired on ABC - so here I go

------------------------------------------------------

Was really engrossing, I had a bet last night over who's eye would start the series off - I chose Penny's father. First of all I thought I'd got the wrong family member, then I thought, "oh no, it's Sarah", and then finally realised it's none of them!

The first scenes were for me equally as good as Desmond's opening to Season 2. The plane crash from that perspective and the rallying of the troops was very surreal, we've found something out straightaway about 3 or 4 characters here and I thought I was dreaming.

Loved the usual Sawyer wisecracks & the Fenry spookiness (who we now know is called Ben), and the tasks put out in place for the captured three seem so calculated and precise, so intent of making these 3 change their current personalities whether they like it or not - however you can see in all 3 that they seem to be accepting what's been handed out to them even though their primal thought is to get away.

Jack is rediscovering he's got to move on away from the past, via learning how to listen - if he doesn't listen then he gets punished, sent back to square one. Same for Sawyer, he seems to be getting told how to do things the "correct way", and Kate on that she should be under controlled conditions, told exactly what to do. The "Others", if we still call them that, are taking the law and what's right into their own hands it seems.

Upon Kate's arrival at the cages, I did think she'd been put through a seperate ordeal to just being handcuffed for a while when dining with Ben. Also, when she took the strip off her wrist before her shower, it seemed pretty messy - maybe an injection could be what Ben's referring to in terms of what's going to be unpleasant over the coming fortnight. Disease, sickness, etc...

Shame to not see the other plane survivors, but I'm not too unhappy - I really enjoyed the episode. I have a feeling that we might see Hurley stumble back to the original camp in Episode 4 or 5 (or 6, or 7, poor lad ), and of course there's the Hatch drama to conclude but that can come when it's ready, heh!

I didn't watch the promo for Episode 2

I kept chanching the channael because the start of the episode had me confused I was shocked,

who the fuck are "THEY"?

damn...questions...more questions.

yeah best opener for lost so far weird how they life what seems a normal life

It makes you wonder why "the others" (especially Ben / Fake Henry) reacted the way they did upon seeing the plane crashing, its left me wondering - Why did Ben, as soon as seing the plane falling tell Ethan and the other guy to go out looking for the wreckages of the plane and pretend to be survivors.

On the other hand how did "the others" actually get on the island ?, maybe they are some sort of remaining people after doing the Dharma testing things, or maybe they are workers for Dharma or maybe they are Dharma!

Roll on next week

Yeah I'd agree with you man - I think they outlived the original Dharma folk, and have now got it in their heads that they are pure, good human beings with the focus that those on the outside are mostly / all corrupt and can be "cured"..

I don't actually think they went looking for survivors in a bid to escape the island - that one is definitely ruled out. The Others are there to stay & grow in numbers, you can tell after this episode and how Ben looked disappointed in the final episode of S2 that Michael & Walt were leaving.

Yeah the first 5 minits were really fantastic. Especially the camera angle when you see the sperated plane crash over the island and the 'normal' civilised Dharma camp place

The Others may have been the dharma Subjects/Experiments.

Plus they expected there to be survivors and we know there are never survivors very often in plane crashes?.

I hope we can also keep discussing the episodes like this without using those annoying spoiler tags. The thread does say spoiler and i promise not to say anything until the next day when you guys have had a chance to watch the episodes

Last edited:

when jack was with that woman he said have they got something to do with the dharma initative and the woman juliet i think's her name said it doesn't matter

is it just me or did somebody say "not again?!" once the house started shaking and they ran out to see what happened?

That was goooooooooood!

Episodes come out on the wednesday, so shall we say that we could talk about the episode content on Thursday? Maybe something can be added to the title to make it more informative about spoilers? (e.g. Lost Season 3 - [SPOILERS STARTING EVERY THURSDAY!])

Decent idea rockyabir but people are still bound to talk about the episode that happens on the Wednesday. Ill keep the title as it is, if you dont see the program by Thursday (like me), I know for sure I'll only visit this thread after Ive watched the show anyway. When its shown in the U.S, wont it be Thursday in the UK anyway! ?

Yeah it will. I've always got the day off work on Thursday so usually watch new episodes mid-morning, maybe even as early as 7 or 8am here (UK time) and reply in here to whoever else has seen it. For now I'll continue to say "i've seen it" then draw a line under before commenting in detail. I only talk about episodes that have been aired but don't want to spoil anything for those still getting the episode and looking in here for torrent / viewing help etc :)

Fantastic.
They live in the island, but they don't look cut off from the rest of the world, because they have all the info on Jack and his ex-wife.

Fantastic episode. the first minutes were awesome.

I had a desire to kill Fenry. I don't like him so i'll keep calling him Fenry. :mrgreen:

Regarding spoilers, any information you have regarding an episode BEFORE it is aired needs to be wrapped in spoiler tags. Anything after the episode has aired doesn't, and if people come in here without seeing it and complain then thats their problem.

no they dont, people should just not read the thread until they have seen the episode, if they do and see a spoiler its there own fault as the thread is clearly labled!

Any information before an episode is aired in the U.S I feel should be put in spoilers, I only put the spoiler warning in the thread title for people outside the U.S that dont get series 3 of Lost until next year

So yea all information before an episode should be in spoiler tags, unless this should be a Lost season 3 discussion thread (The way it has been going).

Last edited:

footyfan said:
no they dont, people should just not read the thread until they have seen the episode, if they do and see a spoiler its there own fault as the thread is clearly labled!

Didn't you just say exactly what I just said?

Re: Lost Season 3 - (Discussion Only / No Spoilers)

Jacks dad is the leader of the others his voice was in the com box when jack was locked up

Re: Lost Season 3 - (Discussion Only / No Spoilers)

Walcott23 said:
Jacks dad is the leader of the others his voice was in the com box when jack was locked up

How do you know that? Maybe it was a hallucination.............:roll:

Back
Top Bottom