Madden 07

nickgarratt

A gooner till i die!
20 August 2005
Arsenal
has anyone actually got this game and tried to play it online? i tried 2 games and both were laggy. there is only 3 bars of connection right with 3 being the best? really disappointing cause the game is really good.

The game absolutaley sucks! Not worth my money. It is worth a rental though. If your a graphic whore, then I can understand why you are in love with this pathetic game. Because Gameplaywise, this game has a ways to go.

I recommend you get NFL 2K5 and download the Enhancement Pak. It's a lot more realistic and satisfying to play. NFL 2K games were the King of simulation football. Get this game, if you are really into football simulation video games.

EA bought an exclusive license for the NFL, so Sega Sports can't do any NFL games anymore. Bit like EA and Konami but more exclusive, no teams slipped the net.

A real shame because Madden is awful to play. Even though I am English I like to play NFL games.

The control is slow and cumbersome. Thats what I don't like about it.

As for doing the job, what alternative is there? Captive market.

this game is really good, i'm not sure if people are just EA haters (which i understand to a point), like 2K sports to much or just hate madden cause its bad!

in all honesty i never thought madden was bad, just didn't think it was as good a nfl 2k games. madden does seem good this year, shame i can't defend with my Eagles team!!!

Graphically I love the new Football Field texture! and especially how the Field cuts up and gets ruined during the game. I liked 06 but I like 07 even better. If FIFA turns out to be good on 360 then my view on EA will change a little :)

DJ

djdoc360 said:
Graphically I love the new Football Field texture! and especially how the Field cuts up and gets ruined during the game. I liked 06 but I like 07 even better. If FIFA turns out to be good on 360 then my view on EA will change a little :)

DJ

Yes, those features are great to have in a sim football game. However, it would be nicer to see the puddles splash when the players run or step on them, not to mention see bigger splashes and slides when the player dives or is pushed at full speed to the ground. Instead, the players have no effect on this puddles which should not only splash, but stop the ball dead on kick offs or punts. The same applies for mud.

These are little things that should be a part of a sim football game IMO.

But ofcourse, if the rain doesn't even repel of healmets, don't expect to see the above features implemented until God knows when. EA has this reputation of adding one little common sense feature and making it look like it's this great new feature they have added. When it should have been there to begin with from the start.

Last edited:
If they added it all at the same time then they would run out of things to add to future games.... they are drip feeding us so they hope we will buy all their future releases and they will make the most money that they can.

DJ

djdoc360 said:
If they added it all at the same time then they would run out of things to add to future games.... they are drip feeding us so they hope we will buy all their future releases and they will make the most money that they can.

DJ

This is so true.

Image8b.jpg

Image14b.jpg

Image10b.jpg

Image8.jpg

Image10.jpg

It sure as hell looks good, but i'm not much of an American Football fan, i could never really get into the most tactical aspects of the game/sport.

I dont know shit about the tactics I just play it :)

Graphics are awesome its a shame FIFA doesnt look this good.

DJ

i stay to sega´s nfl2k6 because of the fluid gameplay. its the only game (amongst we10) that slows my ps2 a bit down. i´m really sad ea is buying all licenses and the real proggers cannot do their job...
long live we9le f**k fifa (entre a number >france 98 here;))

p.s.: i played am. football for 8years

Totally agree, EA, personally to me has turn from a games developer/game lovers/hardcore gaming unit to a sort of "political, figgures, fiscal earnings, too serious, too official, business driven, well oiled money making machine" that has nothing to do with games :roll:, i just can only wish they get back to basics and understand that they can make even more money if they get the best/more hungry (or in other words, creative, facinated) developers out there that can make the best out of thier (EA's) resources and create ground breaking games, i can only just imagine what it would be like if seabass and his team were developing for EA :shock:.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom