MAFIA 1 REMAKE

Whoever says that they liked Mafia 2&3, yet never played the first one - should buy it blindly when its out.
Mafia 1 was the reason I could never get into GTA. It had amazing story, great physics and realism. GTA after Mafia always felt like arcade game for kids.

Mafia 2 & 3 were like Matrix 2 & 3 - a mere shadows of the first one, without depth and soul.

Whoever says that they liked Mafia 2&3, yet never played the first one - should buy it blindly when its out.
Mafia 1 was the reason I could never get into GTA. It had amazing story, great physics and realism. GTA after Mafia always felt like arcade game for kids.

Mafia 2 & 3 were like Matrix 2 & 3 - a mere shadows of the first one, without depth and soul.

That is exactly how I feel about Mafia, and exact reason I never could get into GTA.
Mafia is GTA for adults.

I still enjoyed Mafia 2, but it didn't come close to the original.

I really hope that they don't go arcardey for the remake and try to make it appeal to the masses.

What a surprise. My PS4 just crashes when woken up from rest mode (in mafia 2). Damn I thought. But...

Mafia 2 is updating atm.

A patch to version 1.02 is 6.111GB!!

Fingers crossed I can keep on playing.

:PRAY:

Nice to see that they are taking their time instead of rushing it like they did with mafia 3, which i still believe is the best out of the 3
na... its part 1, part 2, part 3, in that order from best to worst. :P

yeah, they should take all the time needed. in the end its probably better for the product. like it always has been! :)

Oh no, please no. I love the original Mafia 1 on PC and played many of hours. But what the f*#& the devs are doing. It's the same cr#&* console gamplay like in Mafia 3, it have the same cr#*& weaponsound like in Mafia 3. :SHAKE:

But maybe it will have the same awesome graphics like in Mafia 3. :LIE:

Mafia 1 was a masterpiece because of it's graphics, story and gameplay which was way beyond it's competitors at the time of it's release and probably years after. It was GTA III in terms of revolutionary open sandbox but without the mindless carnage and more like Max Payne with the level of realism in many aspects of the game especially graphically.What stood out to me beyond the small details like the Police pulling you over for driving above the speed limit and buildings/cars changing as the ingame years progressed was the guns and environmental details to bullet damage. Like Max Payne which I adored, after shooting you'll see used magazine clips, spent shells and bullet holes which blew my mind as to the attention placed into an often forgotten part of video games. Too often video game developers pass up on important features that makes a game a cut above the rest(See EA Sports) I hope the remake is as good as the original.

Last edited:
My opinions of the remake gameplay footage were I was pretty unimpressed - But then I am not a fan of the console everything needs a crosshair and red marker to shoot people and an auto lock system.

My main concern though is the driving looks more like GTA than Mafia.
The main reason I loved Mafia is the level of detail and realism of it all, as well as the incredible story and missions.
You got speeding tickets, pulled over for running a red light... But only if the Police saw you do it.
IMO it was leaps and bounds above GTA at the time.

Raa tell me there gonna be mods for it
I don't know. But maybe, because for M3 there are mods and I think the engine looks like the same in M1 definitiv edition...

So drink a beer or a cofe and be patient. :)

But do we get the first one or all three? Even though three was pretty shit.
Only Mafia 1 remake 39,99€, all 3 titles remake 59,99€.

But if you still have Mafia 2 and Mafia 3, you should look in your steam library. Both remakes are free if you have the original one's.

I decided to replay the original Mafia now, so I could see how the new version compares.

So far it holds up pretty well, the graphics obviously not very great but is easily playable.

The main issue is the physics when having to climb places is really bad and not aged well.
Apart from that gun combat is a little off but still holds up quite well, but the story is still strong and the narrative is still holding up even to todays standards.

The driving though it superb and the cars really handle like you would expect to handle in the 30's, but the main thing is just how good the police are in the game.. Even after 18 years, no game has rivalled the police in Mafia.
Other main thing I like is there is absolutely no hand holding like modern games, I hate games now like in the remake videos, which have to put on screen hints that you can and can't open doors and where weapons and ammo has dropped - It should be the case if you kill someone you should know you killed him and picked up his ammo.

Hopefully I will get the original played and completed before the remake comes out, so then can make a direct comparison.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom