Mafia 3 [PC/PS4/XB1]

bsmaff

International
11 August 2003
Hertfordshire
Exeter City
Mafia III is an upcoming action-adventure video game developed by Hangar 13 and published by 2K Games, scheduled to be released for Microsoft Windows, OS X, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on October 7, 2016. It is the third installment in the Mafia series, and the debut title for Hangar 13.

Announced ages ago but now given a release date of 7th October.

Loved the original and Mafia 2 was also pretty good although not on the same level as the original.

There is a pretty good write up on IGN about the game now and a few gameplay videos popping up.

IGN write up:-
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/04/...ver-new-orleans-one-crime-at-a-time?read?read

It's not by the original devs so shouldn't have the same name IMO. No different from that bastardised Operation Flashpoint the cuntsacks at Codemasters released after they crapped on Bohemia.

I'm looking forward to this, I agree the first was way better than the 2nd, although it was still okay.

Do like a good gangster game.

FD

Why's that a bad thing? Sleeping Dogs was a GTA clone, it was a brilliant game, The Saboteur was a GTA clone, it was a brilliant game, Red Dead Redemption was a GTA clone, it was a brilliant game...

around 40 trackers blocked on that link
ign, more business than gaming related

Why's that a bad thing? Sleeping Dogs was a GTA clone, it was a brilliant game, The Saboteur was a GTA clone, it was a brilliant game, Red Dead Redemption was a GTA clone, it was a brilliant game...

Because occasionally, I want something different than an open world go-here-do-that and in between do what you want game.

Loooks very good. Like the city, the cars. Don't mind more games like this at all. Music is really nice too, fits the era exactly.

Now if only Rockstar made Dead Red Redemption 2......

This was a game I really wanted to pick up on release, however with the review copies not being dispatched before release, I am going to sit tight and wait for feedback.

Anyone on here taken the plunge? Care to share your initial thoughts?

Key arrived for me yesterday will certainly give it a go at some point this weekend.

So the PC version is a very very lazy port then.

UPDATE 3:-
We currently have a patch running here at the studio that includes 30, 60, and unlimited frames-per-second options in the video menu, among other improvements for the PC version of Mafia III. We’re verifying the patch now to ensure everything is working as expected. If everything goes well, we expect the update to go live this weekend. We will be keeping the PC community up-to-date on the status of the patch throughout the weekend and thank you for all the feedback!

It's on my to buy list. Have been reading some very very early reviews. A lot of them are saying that the gameplay is very repetitive. Setting and atmosphere is great, driving is good, shooting is good, music is great.
But most say that they feel gameplay will become boring soon.

Not my opinion mind you, but I will be reading some more reviews before buying it. If more of them are like above then I will wait till the game is on sale.

PC Gamers are stating the game runs very badly and graphically looks like a PS2/PS3 game, which is probably extreme.

I wonder if they do a Batman Arkham Knight and pull the game for being really poor and un-optimised on PC, as seems everyone is asking for refunds on Steam.

Dunno know what to think of it at the moment looks nice but viewing distance is bout five feet. Also the rear view mirror view is also terrible, you can only see the road and cars. Dont think it can cope with the building's.

First impressions:

Massively average. Very very poor man's GTA. Graphics pretty poor, flat textures, crap damage models to vehicles. Draw distance shite, can see stuff popping up in front of you.
Story decent idea, characters bland.

EDIT: Soundtrack best part.

Another one added to the "it'll probably be playable on PS4 Pro but avoid it until then" list...

Back
Top Bottom