Major bug in WE9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ove Kindvall

Rotterdam Hooligans
26 January 2004
I noticed that when I'm finished playing a Cup that my player settings(here you change your cursor speed etc.) were lost.
Then I read the story of Vamps. He was saying that when he had changed the line up in the edit menu that in Cup/ML the line up were not changed, you only see the changed line up in exhibition game.
And I noticed that too but was thinking that I made a mistake so i didn't pay attention to it. But after Vamps story and checked it out.

And Vamp is right, the same is for the player setting only in exhibition mode they are saved.

Because there were some discussions that it was the fault of Fernando's V2 patch or someone's OF I tried something.

First:
Original version(no Fernando) + Foss's OF => same problem

Second:
Patched version(Fernando's V2) + original new created OF => same problem

So it must be in the game and that would be @#$^+!@^. Because that means that you never get good line ups for your opponents in Cup/ML/League.

But I have still some hope left that when I'm trying it with the Original version and a new created OF that this bug not occure', but I'm affraid....

Third:

Original version + new created OF => same problem

One way to get your line up correct(and that's a hell of a job) is to put the players who you want in the starting line-up on the first 11 positions in menu where you register the players to a country.

Last edited:
JeffT just told me about it as well, I hope there's gonna be a solution for that :roll:

Well, I just changed France's line up (put zidane back) and started a International cup. Zidane was there. If I understood correctly, you're saying that the changes made to a team won't appear in a cup? Here it worked. I'm using only Fernando v2 and a OF created in it. No external OF.

LD

Ah that's fucked up if that's true. I truly hope there will be a solution, maybe Konami can make a .ppf patch themselves... :lol: :lmao:

ldcommando2 said:
Well, I just changed France's line up (put zidane back) and started a International cup. Zidane was there. If I understood correctly, you're saying that the changes made to a team won't appear in a cup? Here it worked. I'm using only Fernando v2 and a OF created in it. No external OF.

LD

Have you tried to put Zidane in the starting 11? Because you can register players with a country, but when you go to team edit and change the line up then you don't see the changed line up in Cup/League/ML

In cup mode and ML the cup choose the Lines same as WE8
They have thier own :) so nothing to worry about !!
Just give attention to thier line up and you will find it each game changed !!
Hope that in WE9 .. I didn't get the game yet .. but check it .. it worked in WE8 :)

Shevchenko 7 said:
In cup mode and ML the cup choose the Lines same as WE8
They have thier own :) so nothing to worry about !!
Just give attention to thier line up and you will find it each game changed !!
Hope that in WE9 .. I didn't get the game yet .. but check it .. it worked in WE8 :)

You don't understand the problem. You go to the edit section and you change the line up from a team/country and save that. Then you go to Cup/ML/League and you choose that team then your changed line up is not there.

I know that the AI changes line ups during a Cup/ML/League this is because of injury's/fatique etc.

Ove Kindvall said:
You don't understand the problem. You go to the edit section and you change the line up from a team/country and save that. Then you go to Cup/ML/League and you choose that team then your changed line up is not there.

I know that the AI changes line ups during a Cup/ML/League this is because of injury's/fatique etc.

Are you starting a new competition or loading a saved one?

I'm starting a new one, believe me the bug is there.
I have edited so much in WE8/PES4/WE8LE and I never had this. If this were no bug what's the use of the option "editing team". Then you could only edit the formation and nothing else.

At least in the ML you can use the formation editor prior to starting a game. that would keep your ML team in the proper order.

But i had the same problem with the Cup yesterday. Too bad they dont let you edit formation once and for all before hand.

If it is for a team your using than yes it is a bug.....BUT if its the AI changing line ups in ML, etc...... than thats the way konami have made it...... The AI chooses what they think is the best starting line up....... One solution I found was editing player positions..... for example Kolo Toure can play RB position and that always messed up the starting line up for arsenal in ML... what you do is take him off the RB position and put him as a CD ONLY..... this way cygan drops to the bench and the ai uses toure and campbell....... also giving more special abilities to players gives a higher chance of the AI using them instead of another player without......

For all I can see now it's only with the team you play with. If you have changed your opponent then that team must have the changed line up.

If you want to have your changed line up for the team were you playing, open League/Cup goto formation settings, choose stock and goto the default option and copy this the same as you with a saved formation. And that should do the trick.

I gone have a look tonight...but first diner

It's what I said above here.

The only problem that still in the game: the player settings.

Every time I start up a new cup/league I must change them to my settings. But that's a minor something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom