Major Konami Announcements On Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they are bringing back the dogheads for the next-gen versions, cant wait!

Remember this is the same nokami that said for the pes5 to have a 'massive' improvement to the ML, the result was a bigger development sheet. In other words dont get your hopes up.

Well if they bring PES6 out as it was on the XB360, it would be very bad news, but if its a fully developed game, then massive kudos, but I still cant varify a console at 425 sheets and then the game when I dont even have an HDTV to make the use of it....

Well it COULD be the news we've been all waiting for. the new WE engine perhaps? That's what in wanna know. when will WE get a overhaul in the way fifa did with the 360.

Fifa 07 is a good game of soccer.

Some of you might of missed it, but this news was reported in ThomasGoal's remnamed 'Closed' thread in the Winning Eleven section.

taken from his thread, it states that the announcement is only for Konami US, due to them having a Gamers Day over there on Thurs, Fri. Heres the press release you are likely to see on Monday:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – FEBRUARY 2, 2007 – Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., today announced new titles and additional details for its 2007 lineup. On the heels of an exciting year that featured the release of all-new versions of blockbuster franchises such as Metal Gear Solid® and Suikoden®, this year’s roster will boast the latest versions of legendary franchises such as Winning Eleven as well as the company’s first next generation music title, Dance Dance Revolution UNIVERSE™ for Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Konami will also further reinforce its leadership position in the portable gaming space with another solid lineup of compelling content for the current handheld systems. New titles were announced today including Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles for the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system and Time Ace for the Nintendo DS™. In addition to the many new video games, Konami also introduced new products from its Mobile and Toy & Hobby divisions. Overall, Konami’s broad 2007 line-up includes products across all genres and age groups. Below is additional information on the products that were showcased at Konami’s 2007 Gamers Day:

Brooktown High Senior Year
Release date: Spring 2007
Genre: Dating/Social Games
Platform: PSP system

Brooktown High: Senior Year gives gamers the opportunity to re-capture their high school days by trying to date the boy or girl of their dreams. Players can make friends with different types of students such as jocks, nerds, and rebels, as they search for the perfect partner to make their senior year truly magical.

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
Release date: 2007
Genre: Action

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles takes an entirely new look at the classic action game Castlevania: Rondo of Blood and brings the franchise to the PSP system for the first time – complete with 3D graphics, enhanced gameplay and new music. This is the first time Rondo of Blood has been released outside of Japan. The game also includes unlockable versions of the original Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night games, optimized for the PSP system with old-school side scrolling action.

Coded Arms Contagion
Release date: March 2007
Genre: First Person Shooter

Coded Arms Contagion thrusts players into a new cybernetic crisis where they must use their hacking abilities and an arsenal of high-powered weaponry to survive. As a lone security agent, players will enter a virtual reality military training program to prevent cyber-terrorists from taking control of the program.

Dance Dance Revolution UNIVERSE™
Release date: February 2007
Genre: Music
Platform: Xbox 360

The bestselling video game in the music game category continues its long tradition of innovation with an entirely new game for the next-generation. DDR UNIVERSE takes dancing to a whole new dance floor–offering all-new features and options including gameplay that everyone can play and enjoy.

Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party™
Genre: Music
Platform: Wii™

The global dancing phenomenon gets even more physical with an entirely new game designed for the Wii. DDR Hottest Party is sure to be the life of the party with four player multiplayer, Wii Remote™ and Nunchuk™ support, smash hits taken from the last four decades of music, entirely new modes and more!

Death, Jr. and the Science Fair of Doom
Platform: Nintendo DS

Death, Jr., Pandora and the crew are back in a new adventure for the Nintendo DS. In their school’s annual science fair, the gang gets into another mess as they accidentally unleash the evil Moloch and need to sort it all out before DJ’s dad finds out. Switch between DJ and Pandora and use the stylus for cool new moves.

Dewy’s Adventure (working title)
Platform: Wii

An original game for the Wii from the producer who created the acclaimed video game, Elebits. Using the Wii Remote, take control of Dewy, a tiny droplet of water, rolling him around the environment and using special elemental powers with unique gesture-based controls to take on the dastardly forces of Don Hedron.

GoPets™
Genre: Virtual Pet/Social Games
Platform: Nintendo DS, PC

GoPets brings together a community of virtual pet owners in which players create and train a virtual animal, and watch as their pet develops its own personality, appearances and hobbies. Players can also take their pets online and make friends with other pet owners around the world, using both Nintendo DS and PC versions of the game.

Hellboy
Platform: PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360, PSP system

Based on Hellboy comics from Dark Horse Comics and movie from Revolution Studios, Hellboy for the PLAYSTATION 3 system and Xbox 360 lets players unleash the Right Hand of Doom in visceral melee combat as they battle to thwart a diabolical Nazi plot. Hellboy for the PSP system features an original visual style and new gameplay elements built around episodic play sessions.

Honeycomb Beat
Genre: Puzzle/Music

Published and developed by Hudson, Honeycomb Beat is a music-enhanced puzzle game for the Nintendo DS, featuring intuitive touch screen gameplay and more than 200 unique puzzles to energize your mind.

Konami Classic Series: Arcade Hits™

Featuring more than 12 of the most memorable quarter-munching arcade hits of all-time, Konami Classic Series: Arcade Hits will let players enjoy these timeless classics in both their original and remixed dual screen forms as well as also enjoy them with friends in special wireless modes.

Lost In Blue 2™
Genre: Adventure

Washed ashore after their cruise ship goes down at sea, young Jack and Amy must struggle to survive as they search for a way off a deserted island. The teens must confront their worst fears as they discover the secrets and dangers that lurk behind every corner of the mysterious island.

Lunar Knights™
Genre: Action RPG

Control two adventurers on a quest to rid their world of evil. One hero is guided by the moon and uses swords to dispatch his opponents, while the other is powered by the sun and takes on forces of evil using firearms. Together they explore their land, solve puzzles, and uncover the dark force that opposes them.

Kororinpa: Marble Mania
Genre: Puzzle

Published and developed by Hudson, Marble Mania is a fun and addictive action puzzle game that lets players tilt and rotate the Wii Remote to roll a ball around a maze to reach the goal. Using an intuitive control scheme, gamers of all ages and skill levels can pick up a Wii Remote and immediately join the fun.

Time Ace
Genre: Flight Combat

Pulse-pounding 3D aerial shooting action game with more than 18 levels and eight historical eras. Acquire and fly planes of the past, present and future, from World War II bombers to modern fighter jets and futuristic marvels of airborne destruction.

Wing Island
Genre: Flight Action

Published and developed by Hudson, this flight action game for the Wii lets players soar around Shell Island taking on jobs to keep the family aviation business running. From dusting crops to daring missions like aerial fire fighting, players use the Wii Remote to perform aerial acrobatics and fly in formation, controlling a group of 5 planes at once.

Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 2007™
Genre: Sports/Soccer
Platform: Xbox 360, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Nintendo DS, PSP system, PC DVD-ROM

The world’s best selling soccer series is back with even more world-class action and modes of play. Featuring the most realistic gameplay ever seen in a soccer video game, updated gameplay mechanics and an expansive roster of leading teams and players, the game delivers pure soccer action like never before.

The big games like MGS and PES/WE wont get announced in the US, it will most definately be in Japan. Fingers crossed its soon.

Saying all that it is possible Thomas closed his thread a bit too soon. Its been reported on quite a few sites that there will be announcements on games that wernt present on Gamers Day.

Oh yeah, Massive announcement, tnx nokami :lol:
There are 3 games there I'll definately be buying and glad that they were announced.
Maybe if you werent a PES fanboy, you'd agree that it IS a massive announcement. :roll:

Anyone noticed no PS3 games?

Gives me hope for some awesome news later today.

MGS is Konami's biggest franchise and Kojima has been hinting a X360 release for months now. I wouldnt be surprised if its MGS4 for Microsoft's console.

There are 3 games there I'll definately be buying and glad that they were announced.
Maybe if you werent a PES fanboy, you'd agree that it IS a massive announcement.

So which of these consitutes a massive announcement?!

Coded Arms Contagion
GoPets™
Hellboy
Honeycomb Beat
Lost In Blue 2™
Lunar Knights™
Time Ace
Wing Island

The majority are psp/ds games, and the 360/ps3/wii games mentioned are hardly gonna get the majority of gamers excited, are they? Im glad that you consider it a "massive" announcement with a few games on there you want, but how are you gonna defend the critism that its not massive for the majority of gamers.

And why the need to use a throw-away fanboy comment? Maybe if you had been reading the majority of my posts regarding nokami and pes you would realise that im regularly criticising them for their "hype" (see ML pes5 example) and the "development" of the pes games over the past 3 years. It only highlights the "talking out of your arse" element in your post when trying to defend nokami because you happen to like a few games on the list.

Maybe if you werent a PES fanboy, you'd agree that it IS a massive announcement.

Maybe if you read my sig you would have seen what a stupid comment that is, instead of what could be seen as leaping to defend nokami because you like a couple of their games. And isnt that what constitutes fanboyism?

Getting back to the thread, hopefully adonis is correct and there will actually be some big news later, however, like i posted earlier i wouldnt get my hopes up.

Last edited:
What's all the fuss about???
Some people never learn...great expectations and afterwards damn Konami...it's rather funny.

So which of these consitutes a massive announcement?!

Coded Arms Contagion
GoPets™
Hellboy
Honeycomb Beat
Lost In Blue 2™
Lunar Knights™
Time Ace
Wing Island

The majority are psp/ds games, and the 360/ps3/wii games mentioned are hardly gonna get the majority of gamers excited, are they? Im glad that you consider it a "massive" announcement with a few games on there you want, but how are you gonna defend the critism that its not massive for the majority of gamers.

And why the need to use a throw-away fanboy comment? Maybe if you had been reading the majority of my posts regarding nokami and pes you would realise that im regularly criticising them for their "hype" (see ML pes5 example) and the "development" of the pes games over the past 3 years. It only highlights the "talking out of your arse" element in your post when trying to defend nokami because you happen to like a few games on the list.

Maybe if you read my sig you would have seen what a stupid comment that is, instead of what could be seen as leaping to defend nokami because you like a couple of their games. And isnt that what constitutes fanboyism?
They just announced 17 games and you dont consider that a massive announcement? If thats not massive, what is? Is 17 not enough for you? Do you need atleast 20 or 30 to call it a "massive announcement"? Or were you just expecting something about a single game like PES or Metal Gear Solid? Cuz if you were, then yes you're a fanboy. Simply because those are the only games you're interested in whereas I thought it was massive regardless of the fact that it didnt have any of the major franchises, which makes me unbiased and less of a fanboy than you.

And dont give me that "I hate Nokami" bullshit cuz the fact that you're still here posting on a Pro Evo message board proves you still like or atleast want to like PES games. Now just because you didnt like their latest PES games doesnt mean you hate them (Konami). For example, if it was your birthday and you mum bought you a gift you didnt like, would you hate your mum? Of course not. It just means you're disappointed with you're mum. 12 months later when its your birthday again, you would have forgotten about the whole thing and would be looking forward to your next gift. Why? Because regardless of what she gets you, you still love her and appreciate the fact that she gave you something. People like you treat Konami and the PES series in the same way. You can say what you want now but the moment they announce a new PES game, everyone will be kissing Konami's ass without even any info on the game. That my friend is fanboyism.
People like me (and I'm sure there are many others on this board too) have given up on the series. I cant remember the last time I posted in a PES related thread except if its an editing thread where I'll only be praising someones work. And I dont even post 1/4 as much as I used to on the forum altogether (although I still have the second highest post count on here after PLF, as you can see in this link. Just goes to show how much I used to post here. :lol: http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/memberlist.php?&order=desc&sort=posts&pp=30)

So yeah, you're still a fanboy. Thank you and good night.

PS.
Did you even read my signature? :lol:

Last edited:
Rune, it happens to be my birthday today...you can always sent me a Man Utd shirt...number 7: Cantona (XL, after all i'm 45 today)...

Happy Birthday mate ;)

BTW, The "Announcement" seems to have made news outside the PES community:

Monday megaton: Konami announces they made an announcement

On Friday, Konami stated on their website that there would be a major announcement on Monday. With a strong and hearty exclamation mark to punctuate their release, they said, "From new franchises to returning favorites, you won't want to miss the earth-shaking news. You heard it here first!"

We waited for the embargoed information to show up over the weekend, as tipsters sent emails that there was some huge announcement coming Monday. What could it be? The rumored Metal Gear Solid 4 on Xbox 360? A new next-gen Silent Hill or Contra?

The big announcement was ... that they made all their big announcements on Friday! No joke, check out the release: "Last week Konami announced new games in its Castlevania and DDR series ... It's going to be an incredible 2007, so stay tuned to these pages for the latest from Konami!" So, we get a teaser that there is going to be a big announcement, then the announcement is telling us that the big announcements were on Friday? What? Everybody get aboard the hype train to the past. Serious kudos go out to Konami PR, that is some high-level mind fornication going on!

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/05/monday-megaton-konami-announces-they-made-an-announcement/

:lmao:

Rune, what a load of nonsense you talk. 1st its a massive list because you like a few of the games announced, and now its a massive list because it has 17 games! Does the cahnge in position have anything to do with the fact that you cant defend my critism that non of the games constitute "massive" for tha majority of gamers. Instead you now try to defend it by sighting the number of games on it. So what, in what way does the number 17 mean its massive ( maybe konami could add the games in the classics collection to make the number higher), then it would be a even better list, what a load of nonsense. I already said that massive for me, and the majority of gamers imo, means major games / franchises being mentioned, news about them.

And dont give me that "I hate Nokami" bullshit cuz the fact that you're still here posting on a Pro Evo message board proves you still like or atleast want to like PES games.

Maybe if you read my post more carefully, or even read it properly you would see that i never stated a "i hate nokami" message, i criticise them for their bullshit and lack of developement in pes. Which you yourself agree with with your sig. And amusing to see you use the fact i post here as reason for me being a fanboy, what does that make you then :lol:

Did you even read my signature?

Is the concept of irony too complicated for you?! Im not calling you a fanboy because you feel the same way about pes as i do, yet your still calling me a fanboy for it, LMAO!

The description under your name is pretty accurate, maybe if you took the time to see what im writing instead of trying your best to call me, and then prove that im a fanboy you would realise how ridiculous your being.

Last edited:
Rune, what a load of nonsense you talk. 1st its a massive list because you like a few of the games announced, and now its a massive list because it has 17 games! Does the cahnge in position have anything to do with the fact that you cant defend my critism that non of the games constitute "massive" for tha majority of gamers. Instead you now try to defend it by sighting the number of games on it. So what, in what way does the number 17 mean its massive ( maybe konami could add the games in the classics collection to make the number higher), then it would be a even better list, what a load of nonsense. I already said that massive for me, and the majority of gamers imo, means major games / franchises being mentioned, news about them.
When did I say its a massive announcement because of me liking some of the games? I'm saying its a massive announcement because they just comfirmed 17 games at once which is bound to please the people who want those games. Just because YOU might not want them, it doesnt mean its not "massive". Take the Dance Dance Revolution series for example. Thats HUGE is Japan and has a big community. How do you think they felt when they read the news? Probably as excited as most people here would be if they had announced Winning Eleven 11.
So the news could still be considered as massive and your opinion doesnt change that.

Maybe if you read my post more carefully, or even read it properly you would see that i never stated a "i hate nokami" message, i criticise them for their bullshit and lack of developement in pes. Which you yourself agree with with your sig. And amusing to see you use the fact i post here as reason for me being a fanboy, what does that make you then :lol:
Hate was just a strong word. It still doesnt change the fact that you dont like what Konami have been doing with the series. Stop trying to argue back with a technicality cuz its exactly the kind of thing that drags on discussions like these forever.

Is the concept of irony too complicated for you?! Im not calling you a fanboy because you feel the same way about pes as i do, yet your still calling me a fanboy for it, LMAO!

The description under your name is pretty accurate, maybe if you took the time to see what im writing instead of trying your best to call me, and then prove that im a fanboy you would realise how ridiculous your being.
I'm calling you a fanboy for a n00bish comment like "Oh yeah, Massive announcement, tnx nokami :lol:" cuz how you feel about the announcement doesnt reflect how everyone else feels. And the obvious reason for your sarcastic comment was cuz it didnt have anything to do with some of the games that you like so you decided to put Konami down with comments like the one above. The thing about continuing to post on a Pro Evo forum was the point out that you DO still like the PES series even though your signature might say something else. Like I said above, I rarely come here now and I only post in the Football and Other Games.
To sum it up, I dont think you realise what you're doing here. If someone else was doing the exact same thing in another discussion where he had the opposite opinion to yours, you'd probably think he's a fanboy too. Cuz thats what fanboys do, they pounce on every opportunity to criticise or make fun of their rivals or whatever they dislike. Isnt this exactly what ThomasGOAL does whenever he sees a flaw in anything that Microsoft are backing?
But atleast ThomasGOAL admits he's a fanboy.

Rune, it happens to be my birthday today...you can always sent me a Man Utd shirt...number 7: Cantona (XL, after all i'm 45 today)...

Maybe not a shirt but I can give you a cake.
Manchester%20United.jpg

Just change your name to Justin and it'll be the best cake in the world.

Rune, STFU and quit acting like an arrogant prick that always has to be right over opinions. I'm not sure if you comprehend this or not, but this whole argument between you and tik started because of you; can you grasp that you're the ass in this situation? Tik made a comment, a comment he was free to make as it was his opinion and you proceeded to call him a fanboy completely out of context...............

Last edited:
@ Rune; Where to start? Whats the point when you use the same arguments as me to call me a fanboy and say how you arent, or are a lesser one :lol:

Do you actually read what im writing, or do you just choose to ignore it? here'a another example:
Hate was just a strong word. It still doesnt change the fact that you dont like what Konami have been doing with the series. Stop trying to argue back with a technicality cuz its exactly the kind of thing that drags on discussions like these forever.

When have i argued that back? I posted that i critise konami regularly....., hold you cant be serious can you? Your just winding me up with this nonsense surely? You go in circles, your on a wind up, arent you? There's no way someone can seriously argue like this and keep a straight face, there is no logic to your arguments, first you say that i love konami (the "i hate nokami" one that i will still buy there games no matter what), then you argue that i dont like what nokami is doing with the series, but that im arguing that i do? Eh?! Im the one critisising them. And then you argue that im a fanboy for posting here, but that you arent because you do aswell. LMAO

The funny thing is that i feel about pes the same as you, from what i can gather, and most of the time i spend in the other games and football section of this forum aswell. But just because i dont agree with someone else's opinion doesnt make me, or the other person a fanboy. i reserve the right to be sarcastic and ridicule konami, as the majority of the posters in here have done. Are you gonna call them fanboys aswell?

If someone else was doing the exact same thing in another discussion where he had the opposite opinion to yours, you'd probably think he's a fanboy too.

Come on thats just stupid, opposite opinion = fanboy. So by your logic a fanboy defending konami against a non-fanboy means the non fanboy is a fanboy and the fanboy is a non-fanboy? lol

To clarify, a fanboy for me is someone that will accept anything from a company/producer no matter how poor the release is. Im sure you agree with that.

Then again, from what ive read so far you could turn it about to argue that people that dont buy the games are fanboys, because thats the logic you are showing atm.

Anyway might aswell stop this pointless discussion.

Maybe not a shirt but I can give you a cake.
Manchester%20United.jpg

Just change your name to Justin and it'll be the best cake in the world.

Thanks for wishing me a happy birthday, as you might think i would really like to eat that cake...a delicious....:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: \\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom