Make your players more responsive to D-pad

Shrike

Deadball Master
30 November 2003
My own PS2
Hi,

Since i got WE8LE, i have only played in 5/6-stars and i am a D-Pad player. And i noticed my players (in We8le) is much less responsive to my controller than themself in WE8. I told to myself: Konami made the game harder to dribble, first touch, etc. i would try to adapt it, i almost played with my friends, they noticed that too.

But today, i 'accidently' play some matches in 3-stars. I was surprised that my players is very responsive, i can do much better dribbling and a lot of moves with more ease.

Now I think it's better to play in 3-stars for multiplayers game.

I understand the number of stars is DIFFICULTY, it's not exactly AI-Level. However, i dont agree with THIS way Konami made 5/6-stars harder by making players less responsive.

I noticed it in WE8LE only. In original WE8, they are as responsive as themself in other stars level.

oh no, please tell me this isn;t rue i just posted a topic about cheap cheating the developers have put into pes4 and now they have done it in simple difficulty?

i am hoping that this aint true otherwise konami are ruining one of the best sports games of all time (before the balancing kicks in that is)

well, i will point out a way to find ut it apparently.

Go to Free-training with 6-stars, take some players have intermediate dribbling skill like RvN, Rooney,... then run then try to change directions continuously for few minutes. Then PAUSE, in Menu, change stars to 3, then out to run again...

The different is very apparent in WE8LE. The players in 3 stars is very responsive to your D-pad when change direction (like better dribble accuracy): swifter, faster, 'shorter pace'

The only difference I feel between 3 and 5 stars is SPACE. In 3 stars your players aren't so tightly marked, giving you space to manouver, while in 5 starts when you get the ball and think about passing it to a fellow there is a much bigger chance the defender is already all over him, no open avenues as in 3 stars.

Try analog and you'll see your players become as responsive is they were a couple versions ago when d-pad wasn't seen by konami as "something we still have to include to avoid problems with veteran players" (I don't use it but as I said in other topic Konami beneficts greatly analog users, which is scandalous in my opinion).

Mauras said:
The only difference I feel between 3 and 5 stars is SPACE. In 3 stars your players aren't so tightly marked, giving you space to manouver, while in 5 starts when you get the ball and think about passing it to a fellow there is a much bigger chance the defender is already all over him, no open avenues as in 3 stars.

Try analog and you'll see your players become as responsive is they were a couple versions ago when d-pad wasn't seen by konami as "something we still have to include to avoid problems with veteran players" (I don't use it but as I said in other topic Konami beneficts greatly analog users, which is scandalous in my opinion).

totally agree!!

Back
Top Bottom